Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2005   #1
illspawn
Rookie

Default Too much smiling

How the hell are these guys smiling after the game after choking 2 games in a row? I mean come on you are the worst team in the NFL and you are smiling after losing. I am a huge fan but I don't like it when you are not only content with losing but actually smiling and laughing 5 seconds after losing. It is time that some people lose their jobs for poor job performance. The only thing I can guess is they are trying to make sure they keep the 1st round draft pick.
illspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #2
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 31 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

i know. the laughing really makes me upset. i dont laugh when i have a bad sales day in my businesss...why are they laughing with such poor performances?
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #3
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

I guess when you can under perform that bad and still get AT LEAST $250,000 a year, a smile is no big deal lol
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #4
supertankman
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly
i know. the laughing really makes me upset. i dont laugh when i have a bad sales day in my businesss...why are they laughing with such poor performances?

Because they are still getting paid regardless of what their performance is, wouldnt you be smiling?
supertankman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #5
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle
I guess when you can under perform that bad and still get AT LEAST $250,000 a year, a smile is no big deal lol
I guess so. Besides they say you've gotta laugh to keep from crying.
Old 12-04-2005   #6
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFan
I guess so. Besides they say you've gotta laugh to keep from crying.

yes I have laughed most of this Football season I mean
Old 12-04-2005   #7
texplayer2
Veteran

Players don't want 1st picks, because that means somebody will replace them and their salary. They may have been networking for a job next year.
texplayer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-04-2005   #8
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default It's all over

I can't take it anymore. This team (my favorite) couldn't beat a JV 2A football team. They cannot execute a punt return to save their lives. Penalities after penality, and if wasn't bad enough, Mathis and Johnson give the game away with the piss poor performance of the century.

RETURN ALL YOUR TICKETS FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON. And find another team to watch, maybe by the Draft I will get over it and start to care again. Capers CANNOT coach his way out of a paper bag, every one has laid down, and now they are SMILING. I wish their was away to dock their pay the rest of the season or that they worked on commission based on some sort of success.

Even if they did win, it would have went down as the SLOPPIEST WIN IN HISTORY! I give up......it's all over.

Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #9
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe David was flashing that smile for all the male model scouts at the game .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #10
oldtexan
Rookie

Heck, I was laughing too. How can you watch this Team week after week without laughing. I give up.
oldtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #11
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

BITTERSWEET! The only good thing about losing is that the Texans will have a great draft position, and gettin' rid of Capers & Casserly! Man, I can't believe I said that! Look at previous bad teams who drafted guys like P. Manning, C. Palmer, etc. We NEED to have the chance to pick good players next year to start building, even the 3rd round pick from the New Orleans Aints startin' to look good! We need a new GM that won't REACH &/or GIVE UP ALOT for crappy players, & pay FA's too much that SUCKS! Casserly has really did a fine job @ screwing this team royally. And, I really DON'T want to hear about A.J & D.ROB(high picks), or D.D. & J. MATHIS (lucky pick), the rest mediocre or busts! The worst thing is that they had alot of draft picks to work with as an expansion team! SIGH!
Old 12-04-2005   #12
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

oh bleh..

yah i fully expected the entire team to be crying.. i was waiting for them to all kneel in the endzone and commit group seppuku.

They have lost 11 games this season.. i imagine at some point you have to be able to smile and accept that you suck.. and just look towards next week..or in our case.. next year.

If I was out there.. and I had lost the game like that.. id be smiling too. I wouldnt be able to generate the emotional energy to get angry.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #13
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Huh i would be smiling to if i was a top pick bust and wasted getting paid millions.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #14
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts
Huh i would be smiling to if i was a top pick bust and wasted getting paid millions.

I always thought the 3rd string QB had it best. Get paid like 250K a year and you wear a ball cap and hold a clip board for 16 weeks.
Old 12-04-2005   #15
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Ragone makes more than 250K a year. A good bit more. Hell practice squad players make 4500 a week
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #16
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
Ragone makes more than 250K a year. A good bit more. Hell practice squad players make 4500 a week

so they come out smelling like roses.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005   #17
illspawn
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
oh bleh..

yah i fully expected the entire team to be crying.. i was waiting for them to all kneel in the endzone and commit group seppuku.
I didn't say they should be crying, but they shouldn't be acting happy about being the worse there is in the profession they chose.

Last edited by illspawn; 12-05-2005 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-05-2005   #18
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I know it does not look good, but at the same time we are not the proverbial fly on the Wand to really here what those discussions are. I nitpick with the best of them, but what they are going through is something I would not wish on the guy who forgot to slap cheese on my cheeseburger today. They are our guys for the next four weeks, kill them afterwards.
Old 12-06-2005   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe they're smiling because they ultimately know a new coach and a fresh start is around the corner?

Maybe they ate the magic brownies?

I don't know, wonder if they do...

But Grid's right about no emotional investment. While it is kinda' weird to see a 1-11 team having any semblance of a good time, I figure part of them feels like us fans. Just hopeless and already looking towards next year.
Old 12-06-2005   #20
illspawn
Rookie

I don't understand the no emotional investment. I competed in many sports throughout my life and never got to the point that losing didn't make me angry. Not saying that isn't what is going on. I am too competitive of a person to smile after I lose at anything and kind of figured most pro athletes were extremely competitive. Oh well hope next year is better but if not I will continue to watch the games. I've seen worse games played by them than this last one at least. Now to the next game!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read