Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2005   #1
supertankman
Rookie

Default Who else would have been unhappy if they won today?

We gotta secure that number 1 draft pick!
supertankman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #2
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Me thank God Kyle Boller Saved us today. i feel funny saying Kyle Boller hahahahaha
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #3
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 33666 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Even bandwagon fans wouldn't support losing.....
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #4
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Can you blame Fangio?? He ended up blitzing his Defense when he saw the Prevent was not working. Boller and Fitgerald, MAN, we get beat by BAD Qbs!

GREAT JOB D!!!
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #5
ghostlight
All Pro

Rep Power: 202 ghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respected

I found myself thinking #1 pick as the final seconds ran down. It is bitter sweet!
Old 12-04-2005   #6
TexansJunkE
Veteran

In a sad way, I found myself cheering when Stover made that FG.
TexansJunkE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #7
bigcarlos
Veteran

I was pissed when I saw we had the lead,then turned the radio on to hear the last minute. Im glad we lost, we need that #1 pick. Its just tough love that we have for our team right now.
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-04-2005   #8
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I have to admit, I still prefer winning, but I know what you mean.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #9
tiger06
Veteran

I hope we don't blow the #1 pick like we blew the game today
tiger06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #10
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

I guess I can tell the kind of people who would prefer losing since most of the posts here I cant see because the posters are on my block list.
Old 12-04-2005   #11
profan
Veteran

Losers would be pissed if we won today. Nothing good comes from losing. Anyone who is happy the team lost is not a fan of this team plain and simple.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #12
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 22660 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

I never prefer to lose.....I hope they win each game they play...... I don't care about next year...only about the game they are playing in now..
Old 12-04-2005   #13
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 36225 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

We must be getting ready to have the perfect draft coming up with all the players available that will right this ship after 1 bad season. Good thing we have the quality GM that quite a few on this board love, with a deep scouting department that has impressed with the decisions made in the past.

Though the win would not have meant anything - I'd prefer a win just to lift the spirits of the players. However, to get no TD's in the game... probably didn't deserve the win, plus all the penalties.

Would I have been pissed with a win? No - but I'm sure 610 would've been filled with the "we lost the #1 pick" callers for my entire drive in tomorrow morning.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #14
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

So many of you guys are so full of it. Wanting the Texans to lose in order to see a regime change, and a #1 pick is not in any sort of a way a judgement on what type of fan you are of the team. I've been a fan of Houston sports longer than most of you have been born, get real. We want whats best for the city, the team, and ourselves. And there is NOTHING fairweather about that. Save the insults for your Cowboy friends
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #15
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 84240 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Im to the point that if we win I'm kinda 50/50 on what to think . A win is nice and all but at this point , it really dosent count for much .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #16
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

I just dont care if we win or lose because it is about the Playoffs and the Super Bowl. All I heard from the *****s on 610 to all the local sports shows on TV was how good this team would be and would be pushing for a Playoff bid. Of course now you tune into 610 and watch these shows and they blame the fans and ask "well what do you want?"

It just does not matter anymore. If we win, cool, if we lose, hey better draft pick.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #17
supertankman
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by profan
Losers would be pissed if we won today. Nothing good comes from losing. Anyone who is happy the team lost is not a fan of this team plain and simple.
Nothing good comes from loosing you loser, how about a superstar that might help this team start winning next year; this season is over regardless if they win all their games, what the hell do you want? them to win the remaining games so Capers and co. keeps his job? We need a overhall and it all starts with new coaching and number one overall pick just like when this team was a expansion, we are starting over fellas!
supertankman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #18
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

What would we have gained by winning? Yay we are 2-10? hooray we beat one of the other worst teams in the league?

we couldnt even have used this victory as proof that we arent as bad as we thought..since the Ravens suck nearly as much as we do.

Win for the sake of winning? sure.. i can understand that.. normally that is my attitude when it comes to competition.. however.. you people who would prefer the win to a loss are not looking at the big picture.

Victory for us isnt an empty W.. victory is whatever it takes to get this franchise back on track to being a REAL and COMPETITIVE football team. Winning against the ravens would have been a LOSS for the franchise.

That first round pick will bring us alot more wins in the future.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #19
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 33666 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

If you lose $1,000 gambling, is it considered a win when you gain $1,000 on your next bet?
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #20
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

How is it that the Moderators allow threads like this. I mean completely assinine threads dont do anything for this board other than detract from it. Come on moderators this is one of the best boards out there can we keep it that way.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read