Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Biggest Joke in Football

eriadoc

Texan-American
Texas_Heat said:
Is the TEXANS, this team will not have a winning record in this Decade.
If they don't start really thinking about the football being played in tge trenches, I fear you are 100% correct. Maybe they should draft yet another RB. That would make Wells, DDavis, Hollings, Morency, and yet another running back. The line run blocks adequately much of the time, so just hand it off 65 times a game and use all five running backs.

HJam72

Hall of Fame
No TE, one receiver (AJ). The backfield includes DD, Wells, Morency, and Bush. That'll work! :ok:

eriadoc said:
If they don't start really thinking about the football being played in tge trenches, I fear you are 100% correct. Maybe they should draft yet another RB. That would make Wells, DDavis, Hollings, Morency, and yet another running back. The line run blocks adequately much of the time, so just hand it off 65 times a game and use all five running backs.
Bush has the speed of Hollings, the vision, elusive nature, and hands of DD, the pass blocking of Wells. Nobody knows what morency can do. There is plenty of big time "game-turning" plays on tape of Bush. The dropoff in talent for LT is not as much as it is for RB in this next draft if Bush comes out. I hope the Texans pick Bush in the first and OL and DL for the next three rounds then whatever after that. This is not a tough draft to figure out.

Kaiser Toro

Native Mod
rittenhouserobz said:
Bush has the speed of Hollings, the vision, elusive nature, and hands of DD, the pass blocking of Wells. Nobody knows what morency can do. There is plenty of big time "game-turning" plays on tape of Bush. The dropoff in talent for LT is not as much as it is for RB in this next draft if Bush comes out. I hope the Texans pick Bush in the first and OL and DL for the next three rounds then whatever after that. This is not a tough draft to figure out.
LTs only come around every once in a while, especially ones that can help right away. RBs are everywhere, every year.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
rittenhouserobz said:
Nobody knows what morency can do.
I heard Morency can walk through walls and shoot lasers with his eyes. He's like an X-Man or something and the only reason the Texans don't play him is to keep the body counts down.

Ok, that was lie. I made that up. It's been a long day.

tulexan

Hall of Fame
I know that the OL must be addressed, but what is the difference in taking D'Brickinshaw Ferguson first and a TE second, or taking Reggie Bush first and Max Jean Gilles, Marcus McNeil, or Jonathan Scott second. Both scenarios we get a weapon and protection for Carr. The first scenario we get better protection yet a worse weapon, but the second scenario we get a better weapon but a little worse protection. I know games are won and loss in the trenches, but games are also won and loss by the ability to have big plays which is what Reggie Bush brings to the table.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
of course the quality of opponents has been softer as of late but the Texans have competed and played hard the last few games. they have not given up on their coach or teammates and their is very little discord among players & coaches even thought they are seething with frustration. they are showing me alot of class and as much as I like to win I believe it more important to play the game right and act with repect and dignity even in ones hour of darkness.

the Texans have nothing to be ashamed about & are not a joke, just suffering through a terrible year :texflag:

MorKnolle

All Pro
beerlover said:
the Texans have nothing to be ashamed about & are not a joke, just suffering through a terrible year :texflag:
Excellent opinion, although I would say that Marcus Coleman should be ashamed of the lack of effort he has put forth most of the year, but otherwise I agree. For everyone that wants us to draft Bush #1, how do you envision the offense working next year in terms of where people will play? While Bush is defnitely a rare talent, I don't see how he will drastically upgrade our offense, and using a #1 pick and $40 million doesn't seem worth it to me, but share your ideas on who you think should still be on the team and where they will play.

beerlover said:
of course the quality of opponents has been softer as of late but the Texans have competed and played hard the last few games. they have not given up on their coach or teammates and their is very little discord among players & coaches even thought they are seething with frustration. they are showing me alot of class and as much as I like to win I believe it more important to play the game right and act with repect and dignity even in ones hour of darkness.

Nope. They argue on the sidelines. They giggle and laugh on the sidelines. If they speak out they are silenced by the front office. But do not for one second think this team is playing like a class act, watch the sidelines and see for yourself.........oh yea, and the product on the field is pretty weak too...

tulexan

Hall of Fame
Did you hear some of the Texans players after the game in interviews? Dunta Robinson said that the all out blitz was a really bad call. Domanick Davis said that the talent isn't the issue on the team and that something has to change. I can't remember exactly what Gary Walker said but it was something on the same lines of what Dunta Robinson said.

Players who speak like that about the coaching do not care and do not fear what is going to happen to them. How many players on the Cowboys have blasted Parcells publicly like most of the Texan players are doing to Capers?

There is definitely some discord between the coaches and the players and I can't even imagine what the mood in the locker room was like after that loss.

MorKnolle

All Pro
Only privileged few know. I could try to ask Dunta and Andre if I see them at the Rockets game later this week as they are frequently there, but I doubt they'd share publicly anyways, but I'm sure it wasn't very good.

HJam72

Hall of Fame
tulexan said:
How many players on the Cowboys have blasted Parcells publicly like most of the Texan players are doing to Capers?
Parcells has proven that he knows how to win. Capers (as an HC) has proven nothing, except that he never wants to fire any of his coordinators.

texasguy346

Mod Squad
I would imagine there is plenty of discord among the players and coaches on a team that's only managed to win one game all year. Bob Allen mentioned in the postgame show about how he heard Dunta comment that the all out blitz was the dumbest plays he's ever seen, and Gary Walker also got pretty fired up about the playcalling in an interview. Questions about the coaching staff that were once discussed privately seem to be getting discussed more and more publicly as the season drags on. Frankly I'd be worried if there wasn't some discord among the players and coaches after 11 losses this season. The only thing worse than a losing team is a losing team that doesn't mind losing.

College Texan

Waterboy
This is a shot at Fangio, I think they lost the last two games becasue the sescondary was in the wrong type of scheme. The only good in this is that Fangio's days are numbered. I can say that he is definetly out along with Capers.