Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2005   #61
thegr8fan
All Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 872
Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
I disagree. Draft a QB: like San Diego did?
well let me think about that for a second. San Diego drafted a QB and BAM, Drew Brees woke up and started playing up to his potential. And started winning quite a few games in the process, wow what a concept. What's the matter, all you Carr lovers think you might have to eat a little crow when Carr doesn't do the same thing? Competition is one thing that Carr has NEVER had with the current regime. I can only hope that that changes with the new coaching staff.

And Double Barrell, you correct. Carr is quite capable of managing a game, and with the proper D and special teams help we could win a game, even WITH Carr and his current flaws. He isn't a hopeless case or cause. But he definitely needs someone to step in and smack him on the back of the head and go 'what were you thinking' on some of the bonehead decisions he makes, IMHO. If the right coach's come onboard and correct Carr's problems he is well worth his salary. But I still wouldn't mind a Philip Rivers sitting there on the bench with a "I'm your replacement should you mess up, Carr" sign hanging around his neck.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005   #62
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame
 
MorKnolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,210
Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle
Default

I wouldn't mind getting a more competent QB in here to back up Carr but we don't need to spend a first round pick and another $35 million on one.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005   #63
mapleleaf
Veteran
 
mapleleaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pearland, TX
Age: 23
Posts: 248
Rep Power: 9 mapleleaf is ridin' the pine
Default

We should send Carr to the Eagles for one of their guys...not McNabb though, I have a feeling he's a jinx.
__________________
Worst...Signature....Ever
mapleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005   #64
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid
 
Honoring Earl 34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Houston
Age: 51
Posts: 19,218
Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Well ... he completed one for a TD.
__________________
I wanted to write something big .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005   #65
SESupergenius
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan
well let me think about that for a second. San Diego drafted a QB and BAM, Drew Brees woke up and started playing up to his potential. And started winning quite a few games in the process, wow what a concept. What's the matter, all you Carr lovers think you might have to eat a little crow when Carr doesn't do the same thing? Competition is one thing that Carr has NEVER had with the current regime. I can only hope that that changes with the new coaching staff.

And Double Barrell, you correct. Carr is quite capable of managing a game, and with the proper D and special teams help we could win a game, even WITH Carr and his current flaws. He isn't a hopeless case or cause. But he definitely needs someone to step in and smack him on the back of the head and go 'what were you thinking' on some of the bonehead decisions he makes, IMHO. If the right coach's come onboard and correct Carr's problems he is well worth his salary. But I still wouldn't mind a Philip Rivers sitting there on the bench with a "I'm your replacement should you mess up, Carr" sign hanging around his neck.
Uh nice try but San Diego brought in pieces from almost every positions to help out this team, that includes drafting another QB. Brees was a good QB before last year but didn't have the weapons needed to be a playoff team. It didn't magically happen once they drafted Rivers. They got Gates, McCardell and host of other players in the draft to blend it all together. When you see that kind of approach from our GM you just let me know. Do you see Casserly having the foresight to pick a Brady in any draft? Until then keep firing off that Carr is the problem and make yourself look blindfolded to the real problems on this team. It all starts with the defense.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005   #66
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame
 
MorKnolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,210
Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
Uh nice try but San Diego brought in pieces from almost every positions to help out this team, that includes drafting another QB. Brees was a good QB before last year but didn't have the weapons needed to be a playoff team. It didn't magically happen once they drafted Rivers. They got Gates, McCardell and host of other players in the draft to blend it all together. When you see that kind of approach from our GM you just let me know. Do you see Casserly having the foresight to pick a Brady in any draft? Until then keep firing off that Carr is the problem and make yourself look blindfolded to the real problems on this team. It all starts with the defense.
I agree, it's not like just drafting Philip Rivers has magically made Drew Brees an good QB.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005   #67
SheTexan
Site Contributor
 
SheTexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pasadena, Texas
Age: 69
Posts: 7,138
Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
We, the people who understand whats really going on, see the fatal flaws in Carr. Listen, comparing Carr to the likes of Montana, Young, Bradshaw, etc. is crazy. Carr is not, and will never be like, and could never attain the greatness of those mentioned. He is a medicore QB. When the line holds up, when he takes a 5-step drop, when he scans the field for open receivers... he 75% of the time, chokes. Yes, he has made some great plays and thrown some spectacular balls, but not enough to call him great. The record books will not be flooded with his records (except most sacks), and the hall of fame will never call him up. Thats just the facts. Get over it.
~Proteus

I am saving this post, and will be more than happy to see if you have the guts to eat crow when DC takes this team to the SB, and gets inducted into the HOF. BTW: speak for yourself!! That "We, the people who understand whats really going on," is up for debate! I KNOW whats going on and I DON't agree with you!! It will be fun to see who gets over it!!
__________________
Quote:
Wake up, thank the Man for today, and dominate everything you do.
Brian Cushing
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-06-2005   #68
Coach C.
Hall of Fame
 
Coach C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SE Houston
Posts: 1,422
Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler
Default

shetexan I admire your spunk you lil fireball, but saying DC going to the HOF and SB is a bit premature at this point. I am a Carr supporter with a little less blind faith than most. I think there are three sides on Carr. The ones that just hate him because he has not won us games regardless of team shortcomings, the ones that love him for his potential, and the few on this MB that see potential and weigh it vs. output and team shortcomings and come out in the middle of the pack.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005   #69
Double Barrel
Modified Simian
 
Double Barrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Onward, Upward, and back into the Trees
Section: Gridiron, Tx
Age: 48
Posts: 31,196
Rep Power: 355985 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

SheTexan is keeping it optimistic...and why not? DC is our QB whether we like it or not.

And remember, Trent Dilfer has a Superbowl ring....
__________________
"Football is only a diversion." ~ HOUSTON TEXANS
Double Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005   #70
Shaunny66
Rookie
 
Shaunny66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ROUND ROCK
Age: 23
Posts: 24
Rep Power: 0 Shaunny66 is ridin' the pine
Send a message via Yahoo to Shaunny66
Thumbs down y get rid of Carr?

Why get ride of Carr? Houston Just needs a better offensive line. Duh people.... losers
Shaunny66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005   #71
TEXANRED
Texan-American
 
TEXANRED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Age: 38
Posts: 7,530
Rep Power: 77683 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan

Carr isn't the entire problem with the team. But he is ONE of the problems. The sooner some of you golden boy loving Carr fans admit that there is a problem there, the sooner we can stop reading posts about how great he is, and how it is all someone else's fault, and if he only had this, that, or the other, help he would win the Superbowl without even breaking a sweat. Probably even pulling a Manning and go 16-0 or something.

Give me a break.

Carr has some serious development problems. It is quite simply true. Bury your heads in the sand, or put on the Carr loving colored glasses, or whatever else your escape from reality is regarding Carr, but know that there are some people on the board capable of seeing and critiquing players based on their actual playing during the game.
Thats funny, this golden boy loving fan is just as sick and tired of reading the same dull nonsincecall drible that spouts from the Carr haters. Week after week of the same pompus Carr slander that always seems to find a way to blame Carr for another loss.

No its not all Carr's fault but he shares some of the blame as well. There really are 21 other players out on the field.

So I will make you a deal, I will take my head out of the sand if you take your head out of your whoha and we could meet somewhere in the middle.
TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005   #72
NFLforher
All Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 674
Rep Power: 10 NFLforher is a team player
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanAlmighty
This is hilarious.

Yes.
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005   #73
Bobo
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Age: 62
Posts: 1,375
Rep Power: 0 Bobo does not work well with others
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
We, the people who understand whats really going on, see the fatal flaws in Carr. Listen, comparing Carr to the likes of Montana, Young, Bradshaw, etc. is crazy. Carr is not, and will never be like, and could never attain the greatness of those mentioned. He is a medicore QB. When the line holds up, when he takes a 5-step drop, when he scans the field for open receivers... he 75% of the time, chokes. Yes, he has made some great plays and thrown some spectacular balls, but not enough to call him great. The record books will not be flooded with his records (except most sacks), and the hall of fame will never call him up. Thats just the facts. Get over it.
~Proteus
When Carr got some consistent pass protection, he was able to throw for more than 3,000 yards in one season. Comparing Carr to Bradshaw and Young is not crazy. I saw Bradshaw and Young in their first years with bad teams and they were laughable. I'm not saying Carr is great. Perhaps he is mediocre. But history has proven that mediocre QBs can take a team to the Super Bowl. Trent Dilfer and Stan Humphries are just two who come to mind.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger