Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-04-2005   #1
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Forget the Heisman lets talk Roses

For those of you are relishing the victory yesterday, as I am, please give your thoughts on UT's chances this upcoming January 4 in the Rose Bowl.

This team is on a mission and I am very thankful USC and Bush did what they did. This puts UT back in the underdog position. The UT defense and special teams are scary and will be the difference in the game. I do smell a UT blowout.

Last edited by Kaiser Toro; 12-04-2005 at 09:43 AM.
Kaiser Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #2
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Dont know about blowout, but I am confident UT can win because of VY's coolness, for whatever, reason he reminds me of Tom Brady.... It will be interesting to see Bush run against a real D-line, plus I dont think USC has played against against a scrambling QB like Vince.... Hopefully it will be a better game then Oklahoma/USC last year
Old 12-04-2005   #3
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
...I do smell a UT blowout.
You might want to use a vaporizer. That should clear that burnt orange congestion right up.

My answer to who killed the Longhorns BCS title dream is:

Mr. Bush...In the Endzone...With the Football.
Old 12-04-2005   #4
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the UT defense is the fastest and best tackling unit we have seen in sometime. Bush loves running to the outside, is allergic to the inside, and he will be shut down. I think UT will get up early and win by a three TD margin.
Old 12-04-2005   #5
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think the UT defense is the fastest and best tackling unit we have seen in sometime.
That's the same unit that allowed two 100 yard rushers a week ago, right? If McGee & Lane could do that, what are Bush & White capable of against the Horns defense? OK State's Mike Hamilton had a career high 194 yards rushing against UT. Texas isn't lining up against Baylor or Rice, USC will score points. And lots of them.
Old 12-04-2005   #6
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
That's the same unit that allowed two 100 yard rushers a week ago, right? If McGee & Lane could do that, what are Bush & White capable of against the Horns defense? OK State's Mike Hamilton had a career high 194 yards rushing against UT. Texas isn't lining up against Baylor or Rice, USC will score points. And lots of them.
A&M is a rivalry game, and they were playing for bowl eligibility, that ran some wishbone and between the tackles. I do not see Bush doing either. White is who I am worried about, not Bush.
Old 12-04-2005   #7
Lucky

Quote:
A&M is a rivalry game, and they were playing for bowl eligibility...
You don't think USC will be just as motivated playing for the BCS championship?
Old 12-04-2005   #8
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
I think the UT defense is the fastest and best tackling unit we have seen in sometime. Bush loves running to the outside, is allergic to the inside, and he will be shut down. I think UT will get up early and win by a three TD margin.
Oklahoma last year was just as good and just as fast on defense and they got the snot beat out of them.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #9
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
Oklahoma last year was just as good and just as fast on defense and they got the snot beat out of them.
Oklahoma's strength last year was its Offense. Their loss of Oline, WR and QB is what hurt them this year. The UT defense is fast, deep and plays with an attitude that I have not seen in Austin in sometime.
Old 12-04-2005   #10
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
You don't think USC will be just as motivated playing for the BCS championship?
I don't. What do they have to prove, they have been here before.
Old 12-04-2005   #11
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
I was hoping someone else had posted this so I wouldn't have to.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #12
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
I don't. What do they have to prove, they have been here before.
Exactly, they have experience in this position, UT hasn't even won the conference championship in many years. USC has two consecutive national championships and a 34 game win streak on the line. I honestly don't see UT staying within 21 points in the final score. Like most of the season, USC's defense likely only needs to make 2-3 defensive stops for the whole game because their offense will be rolling.
Old 12-04-2005   #13
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Oklahoma's strength last year was its Offense. Their loss of Oline, WR and QB is what hurt them this year. The UT defense is fast, deep and plays with an attitude that I have not seen in Austin in sometime.

I guess that offense was stellar to shut out Texas last year.
Old 12-04-2005   #14
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
I guess that offense was stellar to shut out Texas last year.
So confident that you need to guess? Just pull up the stats and compare yourself. The UT defense statistically is better than OU's last year. OU defense in 03 maybe is the defense you were thinkning of.

It is not the stats that I care about, it what I see on the field. The stats just just confirm what I have been seeing.
Old 12-04-2005   #15
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
Exactly, they have experience in this position, UT hasn't even won the conference championship in many years. USC has two consecutive national championships and a 34 game win streak on the line. I honestly don't see UT staying within 21 points in the final score. Like most of the season, USC's defense likely only needs to make 2-3 defensive stops for the whole game because their offense will be rolling.
The hungrier team will be UT, this is the perfect underdog story for them going into the Trojan's stadium.
Old 12-04-2005   #16
tulexan
Hall of Fame

You're right, Texas does have one of the best defeses...Against the bottom of the barrel teams in the Big-12. Besides Ohio State, who have they played that is any good?
Old 12-04-2005   #17
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
The hungrier team will be UT, this is the perfect underdog story for them going into the Trojan's stadium.
I'm not sure about that, plus playing in the Rose Bowl will practically be a home game for USC.
Old 12-04-2005   #18
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
You're right, Texas does have one of the best defeses...Against the bottom of the barrel teams in the Big-12. Besides Ohio State, who have they played that is any good?
I acknowledge your question, but there is no way we will agree until the game is played.
Old 12-04-2005   #19
Peldon
All Pro

Rep Power: 34 Peldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respected

Just out of curiosity I checked the difference in margin of victory in between these two teams. Texas' combined margin of victory is 436 points for the season. They have scored a total of 611 points while holding their opponents to 175. USC's is at 344. USC has scored 600 points while their opponents have scored 256. Yes that is pretty close but even if Texas had a weaker schedule, they beat the teams they played by a wider margin.
Peldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #20
bigcarlos
Veteran

This reminds me of the Nebraska against Florida that one year. High powered offense (UF) against a tough defense, with a great offense themselves (NU).
UT wins this one
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read