Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-03-2005   #1
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Peerless Price released...

Cowboys | Price released from www.kffl.com
Sat, 3 Dec 2005 13:07:03 -0800

The Dallas Morning News reports the Dallas Cowboys have released WR Peerless Price. Price was inactive for four of the Cowboys' first six games.
Old 12-03-2005   #2
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I actually think he would be a good complementary WR to AJ. AJ could be his Eric Moulds. But of course I wouldn't want to play him at all this season in case he is any good because he could ruin our chances of winning the Reggie Bush sweepstakes.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

This guy would be a great find and getting a guy like this would mean we don't have to look for another WR in the draft although there are some good ones. The other reason I want this guy is because I still think Gaff and Johnson could benefit from learning from a good veteran such as himself.

I do fear though that he is becoming somewhat of a journey man. We would be his fourth team.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #4
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I really wouldn't worry about him being a journey man. I think the problems some teams are having with him is that they are trying to make him something he is not. He is not a #1 receiver and never will be. He is a good #2 who needs to have that dominant receiver on the other side to take the coverage away from him. Atlanta tried making him their primary receiver and it didn't really work out. Although I have to put some blame on Michael Vick because he isn't the most accurate of quarterbacks. With his speed, I think he would be an ideal #2 receiver on the opposite side of Andre Johnson.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #5
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

it sounds good to me and personally i agree he would be a nice compliment to AJ, but how do we convince the FO to get something done?

not gonna happen even though i would like it to
Old 12-04-2005   #6
J-Storm
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to J-Storm
Thumbs up There's A Concept That Works...

I remember stating before that he would be good as our #2 WR. As long as he is willing to take that role on full-time and not do a T.O on us about his position on the team, lke stated above he'd be a great compliment to AJ as the #1 WR with Mathis and Gaffney as the rotated #3 WRs...

We could do a lot worse than that by keeping Butterfingers Bradford around again another season.
Old 12-04-2005   #7
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Mathis has the potential to be the #2 guy.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-04-2005   #8
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Look for a guy like Peerless Price to land with the Eagles. I dont doubt his ability, but I think his confidence is shaken. The guy would be a good pick up in the offseason assuming we lose Gaffney to FA. Remember people that Gaffney, Bradford, and Armstrong are all on one year contracts. Bradford may be a two year but lets be honest who wants him back?
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #9
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

We have gaffney armstrong aj and mathis. I think were ok now on WR's. We just need to get a line to back them up.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read