Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-29-2004   #1
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83
Default What if....?

Robinson or Glenn is injured during the season. Does Coleman slide back to CB, and have McRee take over at FS?
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004   #2
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

His name is McCree but I would guess that is what they do.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004   #3
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

It also depends on the health Kenny Wright. If Wright is back and in shape then they will probably insert him in the starting lineup and keep Coleman at FS...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 336338 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
It also depends on the health Kenny Wright. If Wright is back and in shape then they will probably insert him in the starting lineup and keep Coleman at FS...
If they were going to do that, why didn't they do it anytime last year (before Wright was coming off an injury)?--all the personnel for that move were in place.
Old 07-29-2004   #5
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
If they were going to do that, why didn't they do it anytime last year (before Wright was coming off an injury)?--all the personnel for that move were in place.
Probably because Wright had to play for an injured Glenn....

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 336338 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Probably because Wright had to play for an injured Glenn....
True, but going into the season you were looking at Matt Stevens playing FS still. Coleman remains a better CB than Wright in my mind so I just don't see that. Now, the question this year to me is how far along has Faggins come? If he has tremendously improved (as stated by Capers) from the level he was playing against Indy, then seems he might just step in. Hopefully this is all something we never have to see this season.
Old 07-29-2004   #7
LoNghoRn-TeXaN
Veteran

That would be very unfortunate for the Texans. I think Coleman will stick at FS because that is his position now and he will be staying there! He needs to get used to his position. Kenny Wright wouldn't automatically get the starting job. I agree with infantrycak, after the superb performance against Marvin Harrison, Demarcus Faggins has all that takes to be a better CB than Wright. So it will be a competition to become the third CB of the Texans.

But lets hope this day never comes.
LoNghoRn-TeXaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-29-2004   #8
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

As far as I see it we have three possible CB's who might step in if Coleman stayed at FS - Eric Kelly, Faggins, and Wright (if healthy). I have mixed feelings about leaving Coleman at FS in that situation when he has a potential playmaker backing him up in McCree, and he himself had 7 int's as a corner last season. Depends on how many reps Coleman gets as a CB in practice I suppose.

By the way, I second your opinions that I would hate to see this circumstance come up, but at the same time I unfortunately think that we'll have atleast one injury in the secondary. Hopefully whatever plan the coaches have in place is a successful one. We do have plenty of depth at the corner position now, IMO.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read