Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-03-2005   #1
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Are you tired of all the first round talk? Come HERE....

and POST your thoughts on some late round sleepers you've seen or heard about from small schools.

Know about anymore Jerome Mathis, Nate Newton's of the world? (The Lineman not the drug dealer.)

Share it with us please so we can STOP arguing over the names I won 't even mention.
Old 12-03-2005   #2
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Stephen Bowen-DE, Hofstra. 6'5", 271
Big guy, good passrusher.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005   #3
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Tauitus Luiti RG USC

Will be a dominating presence, a physically intimidating man from a good pedigre.
YoungTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005   #4
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Bartlesville Wesleyean has a TE by the name of J.R. Maras. The kid is 6'8" 270 and can flat out fly. He playes WR for them and runs a 4.5. He also plays basketball for them so he may go that route.

Last edited by Coach C.; 12-03-2005 at 04:39 PM.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005   #5
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

There is a FS/SS named Damien Bishop from LeTourneau University. I have a friend that goes to school in that area and said this guy is 6'0", 225 lbs. and runs a 4.42 and likes to hit. Could be an interesting prospect, and he's from Houston and I know how some of you like those homegrown players.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005   #6
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24423 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Justin London (ILB) UCLA

I've been seeing him selected by the Texans in several mock drafts lately.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005   #7
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

S Nate Salley, The Ohio state university
Old 12-03-2005   #8
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

i cant remember his name, but the kick returner (#4 ) for southern university was phenominal in the bayou classic.....i would expect him to be a 7th round pick (a la pettway)

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005   #9
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
Bartlesville Wesleyean has a TE by the name of J.R. Maras. The kid is 6'8" 270 and can flat out fly. He playes WR for them and runs a 4.5. He also plays basketball for them so he may go that route.

this turned my head, do you have an official scouting report or some stats?
YoungTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005   #10
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
i cant remember his name, but the kick returner (#4 ) for southern university was phenominal in the bayou classic.....i would expect him to be a 7th round pick (a la pettway)
Texans have Mathis...
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005   #11
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Garrett Mills, TE - Tulsa

Not quite big enough to be an every down TE but he'd make a heck of an H-back. Makes me think of Chris Cooley from the Redskins.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005   #12
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

D.J. Shockley, qb Georgia
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #13
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
Garrett Mills, TE - Tulsa

Not quite big enough to be an every down TE but he'd make a heck of an H-back. Makes me think of Chris Cooley from the Redskins.
If I'm not mistaken he set an NCAA single season record for receiving yards by a TE. I've never seen him play though so I don't know how good he is other than the stats. I find it amusing that Tulsa never did anything in the WAC and they won the Conference USA in their first year in the conference.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #14
Ranger
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Ranger

I watched the Texas State-Cal Poly game yesturday and there was a kid named Chris Gokong who had 22 sacks and get this.........28 Tackles for loss on the season. He plays both OLB and DE on pass rushing situations, sounds like another tweener for us. He will probably be graded out to be a 3rd rounder. Atlanta took Jason Beck last year, another Cal Poly super pass rusher in the 3rd round. He was injured in training camp and is on IR. Cal Poly does run the Desert Swarm defense though, so some of the numbers are probably inflated.
Old 12-04-2005   #15
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger
I watched the Texas State-Cal Poly game yesturday and there was a kid named Chris Gokong who had 22 sacks and get this.........28 Tackles for loss on the season. He plays both OLB and DE on pass rushing situations, sounds like another tweener for us. He will probably be graded out to be a 3rd rounder. Atlanta took Jason Beck last year, another Cal Poly super pass rusher in the 3rd round. He was injured in training camp and is on IR. Cal Poly does run the Desert Swarm defense though, so some of the numbers are probably inflated.
I watched that game as well and I was impressed with Gokong. However I was more impressed with tx state qb barret nealy Ive watched 3 tx state games and they have been talking about him being a high draft pick in each. I was even more impressed with reciever "Marquee white" (sorry if thats not the right name I think thats right) 6'7 fast and I saw him make a couple of one handed grabs. he is who they throw to when they need a first down or a big play. Also a homer pick Dwayne Slay has been amazing for my raiders. at
6'3 220 4.5 I think he is a legitamate 3rd or fourth round pick.
dc_txtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #16
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

what about wolfe, the miny running back from I think Northen Illinois? They were playing Akron on Espn a couple of days ago. Had over 35 carries and looked good blocking, he is only 5'7"
Old 12-04-2005   #17
astrofan
Veteran

Bryan Leonard, Rutgers

He reminds me of a big Taurean Henderson

http://www.nfldraftforecast.com/Prof...nleonard.shtml

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2...ianLeonard.htm

http://leonard.scarletknights.com/fo.../bio.asp?ID=65
astrofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #18
astrofan
Veteran

John Syptak OLB Rice

http://riceowls.collegesports.com/sp...ak_john00.html

http://www.nfldraftforecast.com/Prof...hnsyptak.shtml
astrofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005   #19
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Well we could take the kid from southern to be our PUNT returner which is something Mathis doesn't seem to enjoy very much.

Not sure I'd consider Shockley a small schooler but probably a late rounder. Say 5???? Definitely wouldn't be the worst thing to have but that would depend on what we are doing with Ragone.
Old 12-07-2005   #20
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Brandon Guillory, DE/OLB, University of Louisiana at Monroe...

6-4, 250, and has supposedly ran a 4.42 in the 40...

With a good combine, he will be this year's Demarcus Ware...

http://ulmathletics.collegesports.co...brandon00.html

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read