Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-02-2005   #1
yaboycm
Veteran

Default Texans New Coach

The Texans need to hire Jimmy Johnson as the head coach and Ken Norton Jr. as the defensive coordinator. Period.
Old 12-02-2005   #2
Dre_80
Rookie

Dre_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

does no one remember jimmy johnson in miami (i don't.)? I want the off. coordinator from the broncos or the colts.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005   #4
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

John McClain said this afternoon on his 610 segment that Jimmy would not be the Texans choice. If I heard right he thought Jeff Fisher would be a great choice but he also said Bud would sign him to a new contract.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005   #5
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

From the way John Mclain was talking i got a sense that he doesnt like JJ in the least bit i wonder if it was just me.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005   #6
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know what has happened to John this year (maybe the Texans poor record!) but to me he's been much more combative on air....he seems to be more critical than he use to be. I generally got the feeling in prior years that he did more "puff" pieces rather than the critical news we hear so much from our reporters.

I don't get the feeling he likes Jimmy as a person. But he's not dumb. He knows what a good coach he is.
Old 12-02-2005   #7
SPRBWL
Rookie

I don't get the feeling he likes Jimmy as a person. But he's not dumb. He knows what a good coach he is.[/quote]

This may be true ..., but thankfully its not his team
SPRBWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-02-2005   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

As much as I'd like to see JJ here, I don't think he's leaving that cushy job with the high salary and the country club yacht life. What's he got to prove? He's already got two Superbowl rings and a NCAA Championship under his belt. Can't say that I blame him really.
Old 12-02-2005   #9
WWJD
Hall of Fame

John is usually very forthright about who he likes and dislikes. Maybe somebody knows if he doesn't like Jimmy as a person. If he doesn't he had said so on his program or in a column.

I do know he really likes Coach Capers. As a person. And he did say he would be fired when the season was over.
Old 12-02-2005   #10
yaboycm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre_80

Yeah, that would take having someone who knows what to do on the franchise.
Old 12-02-2005   #11
yaboycm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaboycm
The Texans need to hire Jimmy Johnson as the head coach and Ken Norton Jr. as the defensive coordinator. Period.
Actually, make Wandstedt the coordinator. Norton Jr. in charge of linebackers. Switch to the 4-3. Draft Aaron Harris, put Peek on one side and spend some of Carr's money on Julian Peterson. He goes on the other side. Keep someone on the team now, like Polk. Maybe keep Babin another year. Bring in some young fast dude.
Old 12-03-2005   #12
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
As much as I'd like to see JJ here, I don't think he's leaving that cushy job with the high salary and the country club yacht life. What's he got to prove? He's already got two Superbowl rings and a NCAA Championship under his belt. Can't say that I blame him really.

Actually hear he is getting tired of playing 2nd banana to Bradshaw, thinking he might get back in but he will want control of player personnel. I'm not sure that would be wise, too many coaches were given total control and they ran themselves short trying to do it all
BigDTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005   #13
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
John McClain state that JJ should come back into coaching for the love of coaching the game, not because of the multi millions it would take to get him back into coaching. Also He said that JJ has slammed Casserly many times and McNair would not hire JJ as a coach knowing his dislike for Casserly.

bobby 119C:brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005   #14
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Ummmmm how about NO JIMMY JOHNSON.

I want to see Gary Kubiak or his disciple Dorrnell the head coach at UCLA.
Old 12-03-2005   #15
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaboycm
Actually, make Wandstedt the coordinator. Norton Jr. in charge of linebackers. Switch to the 4-3. Draft Aaron Harris, put Peek on one side and spend some of Carr's money on Julian Peterson. He goes on the other side. Keep someone on the team now, like Polk. Maybe keep Babin another year. Bring in some young fast dude.
jeez... not only is this topic covered 200 times before, but you're quoting yourself, and the stupid pictures... wth?
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
John McClain state that JJ should come back into coaching for the love of coaching the game, not because of the multi millions it would take to get him back into coaching. Also He said that JJ has slammed Casserly many times and McNair would not hire JJ as a coach knowing his dislike for Casserly.
That's pretty much my take, unless Mr. McNair is letting Casserly go, too. There is no way that JJ and CC would have a good working relationship in the same front office, especially after the public criticism that JJ has been talking lately.

As far as JJ's love of the game and coaching, I don't think I've heard anything with JJ stating he's interested in getting back into it. That was my original point, that after having both NCAA and NFL championships, he might be done with nothing left to prove.
Old 12-04-2005   #17
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Even though NYJ said they aint letting Edwards go, I think Herman Edwards would be a real good choice and believe it could happen. I would also want Jeff Fisher. I've never seen a coach get his players to play for him like Jeff Fisher does. We need a coach that pulls off his headset and goes and talks to his players on the sideline.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #18
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Even though NYJ said they aint letting Edwards go, I think Herman Edwards would be a real good choice and believe it could happen. I would also want Jeff Fisher. I've never seen a coach get his players to play for him like Jeff Fisher does. We need a coach that pulls off his headset and goes and talks to his players on the sideline.
Fischer wouldn't be bad, especially if he could bring Norm Chow over as OC, but I really doubt Tennessee lets him go.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005   #19
Ranger
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Ranger

Best Coaching Candiates:

Pete Carroll (USC): Everybody says he is a college coach, not a pro coach, but look at the job he did in the NFL. He had a 10-6 record with the Patriots, I mean he wasn't no Dennis Erckinson or anything. I think he is a coach ready to make the jump, and how about this tandurm: Bush and Carroll on the Texans. I don't think he will make the jump, I mean why would you leave USC when you can become a college coaching legend.

Tim Lewis (Giants): He has changed the Giants into a physical, playoff caliber defense. He has learned from some of the best, and is ready to become the next Marvin Lewis. Funny, they have the same last name.

Ron Riveria (Bears): This defensive coodinator might be the hottest coordinator of the season and is getting a lot of looks. I haven't really heard much about him, but he does have the Bears playing great, and their defensive play is getting them into the playoffs alone.

Greg Kubiak (Broncos): This is a guy that has turned Jake the Snake into Jake the Great. He is a smart guy and he knows how the manage a game. I don't think we need to have an offensive the blows people out of the water like the Colts, but a offense that can manage the game like the Broncos. He can come in an install it.

Mike Martz (Rams, kinda): He will not be back with the Rams and he has shown great interst in this job. He is an offensive mastermind, but as far as off the feild, I think he is a negative guy who wants to controll everything, and that is why the Rams have gone from The Greatest Show on Turf to Looking To Get Into The Playoffs. The Rams can't wait to get him out of their, they really think that he destroied that franchise.
Old 12-04-2005   #20
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
does no one remember jimmy johnson in miami (i don't.)? I want the off. coordinator from the broncos or the colts.

AMEN!!!!
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read