Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-02-2005   #1
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2801 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Only real option for the 1st pick!

Everybody right now has BUSH FEVER! I agree he's a special talent but by picking him do we really gain that much.
1. Options either take reggie bush or trade down. Say you trade down to the 6 pick and recieve an addition 2nd rd. pick and next years first. that leaves us with #6 #33 and #39 in the first two rounds and another first next years.
With these picks you get either
#6 eric winston, a.j hawk, jimmy williams, mario williams
#33 Leonard pope, marcus Mcneil, darnel bing
#39 bobby carpenter, max jean gile the guard, jason allen
So the question is Reggie bush worth more than
1. a.j hawk, leonard pope, max jean gile and a future first round pick!
The answer is NO! he's a big time talent but he's not worth what we could possibly have. We lack talent is numerous places not just one position where we already have a thousand yard back.
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005   #2
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123
Everybody right now has BUSH FEVER! I agree he's a special talent but by picking him do we really gain that much.
1. Options either take reggie bush or trade down. Say you trade down to the 6 pick and recieve an addition 2nd rd. pick and next years first. that leaves us with #6 #33 and #39 in the first two rounds and another first next years.
With these picks you get either
#6 eric winston, a.j hawk, jimmy williams, mario williams
#33 Leonard pope, marcus Mcneil, darnel bing
#39 bobby carpenter, max jean gile the guard, jason allen
So the question is Reggie bush worth more than
1. a.j hawk, leonard pope, max jean gile and a future first round pick!
The answer is NO! he's a big time talent but he's not worth what we could possibly have. We lack talent is numerous places not just one position where we already have a thousand yard back.
I agree. Good post.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005   #3
mes311
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123
1. Options either take reggie bush or trade down.
The idea sounds good, but you have to have someone willing to trade for the #1 pick. Last year was the first time in a while that someone traded up for the #1 pick. Just because it is for sale doesn't mean someone would buy. I don't think I would want to trade past #6 though.
Old 12-03-2005   #4
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I think you mean 2 years ago, last year the Niners took Alex Smith.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005   #5
J-Storm
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to J-Storm

I think there would be a few teams wanting to draft higher than they will finish. As stated above, as long as we don't drop lower than probably #6 I am all for trading away the #1 pick (if we finish there). I'm sorry but I don't thinx we need Bush or Leinhart, probably a few other teams who wouldn't mind them though!
Old 12-03-2005   #6
cadahnic
All Pro

Well so we have Aj Hawk, DBrick, winston, and Bush right now as the Texans fans hot picks. I am not sure why we would draft AJ Hawk, especially with the number 6 pick. Not many LBs go in the top 10 and when they do they have to be extremely special. Is Hawk that special. Is he better than a Shawn Merrimen ,Vilma, DJ Williams, or D.Johnson. He will have to prove that during the combine and workouts.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadahnic
Well so we have Aj Hawk, DBrick, winston, and Bush right now as the Texans fans hot picks. I am not sure why we would draft AJ Hawk, especially with the number 6 pick. Not many LBs go in the top 10 and when they do they have to be extremely special. Is Hawk that special. Is he better than a Shawn Merrimen ,Vilma, DJ Williams, or D.Johnson. He will have to prove that during the combine and workouts.
I agree, but to piggyback on your choice of LB's drafted recently, I believe they were all taken after the tenth pick.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read