Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-01-2005   #1
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 832 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default How difficult was the schedule this season?

Ok we're 1 and 10 and we were hoping to be in the play offs - but how many teams have we played with losing records:

Colts 11 - 0 two defeats to the best team in the league - no disgrace?
Seahawks 9 -2 best team in the NFC
Bengals 8 -3 Great O line great offence
Jags 8 -3 still not convinced by them though
Pittsburgh 7 -4
Kansas 7 - 4

There's 7 of our defeats already

We should have beaten the Rams, Titans and probably the Bills - and we did beat the Browns. So thats 4 teams so far with losing records.

The rest of the schedule is winnable - I think the toughest game is this weekend against the Ravens. I think we can finish 5 - 11.

If we did there's no debate we aint gonna be drafting Bush or Leinart - I guess it'll be the Jets or Packers with the number 1 pick.

Guys tell me if you think I'm living in some optimistic dreamland.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #2
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Rep Power: 832 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
I think we have a good chance at losing to SF, because they play like a different team when they are home.

wouldn't surprise me if we did .......BUT we are capable of winning that game,
Old 12-01-2005   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 112052 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Well lets see.... we played an NFL schedule, so it was tough.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #4
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 31 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the official "strenth of schedule", I think we had the toughest from what I saw on ESPN I beleive.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #5
profan
Veteran

Schedule strength should not matter. At this point we should be a playoff contender. Playoff contenders beat teams with winning records. I heard our coach and several others mention the tough schedule, but guess what, this is the NFL and nothing comes easy. Any team that has high goals, does not talk about strength of schedule. They just go out, play hard, and win more than one game out of the first eleven.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #6
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

we were supposed to be able to beat teams with winning records this year. We had that problem last year.

If we didnt solve this issue(and we didnt)..then we didnt improve at all over the offseason.

im still up for firing everyone.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #7
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 12262 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

I said it before, we will not win anymore games this season. Not with the D giving up 30-40 points a game.
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-01-2005   #8
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Why SoS matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by profan
Schedule strength should not matter. At this point we should be a playoff contender. Playoff contenders beat teams with winning records. I heard our coach and several others mention the tough schedule, but guess what, this is the NFL and nothing comes easy. Any team that has high goals, does not talk about strength of schedule. They just go out, play hard, and win more than one game out of the first eleven.
The Colts early season strength of schedule was cake. 31st in the league. You want your cake schedule early in the season so that you team can get used to playing together as a team--you incorporate your rookies and your new players into your system. Hopefully, barring injuries, you can get on a roll after a cake schedule.

The Texans early season strength of schedule was horrible. Its easier opponents were road opponents (with exception of Titans), and some of the harder opponents were home opponents. And then there is the blowout scenario of hard road opponents (Seattle). With this sort of scheduling, it is hard to get the team chemistry together because you have no time to get your feet under you. It also dint help to get key players hurt early either.

The Texans will always have somewhat harder of a schedule for a while whilst the Colts are good and we are bad, because they play us twice. That being said, it is non-cool that our early season schedule was around the 1st or 2nd hardest, depending on the week, and the Colt's schedule was 31st hardest. I talked to a Texans player about this and he said jokingly, "It's because the NFL hates us."

Would the Colts still be rolling up teams had it had a harder schedule early in the year? Would the Texans be facing a 1-10 horror show had it been able to have a steady stream of more cake opponents early in the season? We will never know.
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #9
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder how tough next year's schedule will be??

HOME
Indianapolis
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Buffalo
Miami
Philadelphia
Washington
AFC North (Baltimore) tentative

AWAY
Indianapolis
Jacksonville
Tennessee
New England
NY Jets
Dallas
NY Giants
AFC West (Oakland) tentative

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 213437 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

It is an NFL schedule, so it's tough no matter what.

Although it does appear that the order of teams on the schedule could be manipluated to favor certain teams over others....
not to float a conspiracy theory or anything...
Old 12-02-2005   #11
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
It is an NFL schedule, so it's tough no matter what.

Although it does appear that the order of teams on the schedule could be manipluated to favor certain teams over others....
not to float a conspiracy theory or anything...
our easiest games are at the end of the season - Cards, 49ers - how much confidence and how much better could the team have played if they had been first and we'd gone to Buffalo 2 - 0?
Old 12-02-2005   #12
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly
I think the official "strenth of schedule", I think we had the toughest from what I saw on ESPN I beleive.
Tied for secound. Number 1 is San Diego
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read