Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-01-2005   #1
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Default Questions about Winston

If he is drafted by the texans, where will he play as a rookie? I mean Pitts has done a good job at LT and because of his contract Wade is here for the long haul. I have seen him play in the beginning of the season, but has he finally recovered fully from his knee injury?
Old 12-01-2005   #2
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67
If he is drafted by the texans, where will he play as a rookie? I mean Pitts has done a good job at LT and because of his contract Wade is here for the long haul. I have seen him play in the beginning of the season, but has he finally recovered fully from his knee injury?
number one. the Texans will have a new coaching staff, jobs will be opened up & there will be competition for each position. number 2. Winston would have a chance to be the starting LT only if he competes and wins the position from Pitts. number 3. He has the ability to also play RT which I've stated before is also open. number 4 He seems recovered almost fully now which is remarkable by his first NFL season he should be back to 100% if not stronger because of his rehab and workout regimen.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #3
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

He would have a shot at both Tackle positions, but for the first 2-3 years, with Pitts doing as well as he has, Id like to see him at RT.
Old 12-01-2005   #4
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63
He would have a shot at both Tackle positions, but for the first 2-3 years, with Pitts doing as well as he has, Id like to see him at RT.
I agree, that would be my choice as well
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #5
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Winston would likely start at RT pushing Wade inside. Wade would likely play RG, yes he is a large RG, but his footspeed would make him better suited for the role, it would just depend on how well he can get into posistion from his 3 stance. Pitts would stay at LT. If for some reason we keep McKinney or Weigert they would battle it out for LG. Hopefully they are both gone and we grab LeCharles Bentley if he shakes loose from NO nasty clutches.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read