Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-01-2005   #41
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
Arrington is on a ****** team, one that passes first, and then passes again. He onlly gets like, 5-8 carries a game, and averages like, 40 yds a game. I don't even know if he starts or not. I thought Arrington was better than Caddilac personally, but I can't say for sure because Arrington hardly gets any carries.
The reason he gets no carries is because he gets no yards! I remeber multiple games this year when he averages less then 2 yds a carry. I relly dont think that a team with Kurt Warner and Josh McCowan at Qb wants to be extreamly pass oriented?
Old 12-01-2005   #42
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Arrington has a hard time breaking tackles...he is an open field runner. Breaking tackles is a more important skill than being an open field runner for running backs. There is less room in the NFL....everyone has speed. In College the open field runner type guys always look better in College than they do in the NFL.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #43
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Arrington has a hard time breaking tackles...he is an open field runner. Breaking tackles is a more important skill than being an open field runner for running backs. There is less room in the NFL....everyone has speed. In College the open field runner type guys always look better in College than they do in the NFL.
Which is one of the reasons Bush scares me.
Old 12-01-2005   #44
thague
Rookie

Default DD could be solid

Davis be a good running back but he isn't putting up huge numbers because of a number of reasons. Reason number one is the run blocking scheme of the Texans. They hardly ever block down or double anyone to open up any holes, plus they very rarely run in situations that are solid to run in such as second and long when you can pick up 8 or 10 yards on a draw play... secondly the texans pass blocking doesn't allow carr enough time to throw the deep ball. The safeties then can play up putting 8 or 9 in the box throughout the game. Thirdly Davis was a fourth round selection as an ALL-PURPOSE BACK... DD is not a 25 or 30 carry a game guy.. bring in my boy Reggie Bush and a Free Agent Offensive Linemen along with a new coaching staff with a different scheme and the Texans are going to be playoff bound in 3 years
thague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #45
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17
Yeah cause Fragile Fred does it every game? DD isnt the type of back that will take a run 78 yrds for a TD. Does that make him a lower tier RB? No it just says hes not a homerun hitter. There are alot of elite Rb's who dont hit homeruns.

So what you are saying is that you wouldnt mind trading DD for Fragile Fred thats what it sounds like.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #46
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208658 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
Then why is their leading rusher week to week.
If you're referring to Arrington, go back and look at his September and October stats. Perhaps he's improving, but I know he's had a couple long runs to buff his totals, when it's the every down work that's making him look bad. Vinny summed it up rather well, actually. I watched a video of Arrington before the draft and came away thinking "Wow, he never got hit! Wonder how that's going to translate to the NFL?" Of course, explaining that to anyone was rather unproductive.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #47
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208658 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by thague
..... bring in my boy Reggie Bush and a Free Agent Offensive Linemen along with a new coaching staff with a different scheme and the Texans are going to be playoff bound in 3 years
I'm curious, which one would you suggest?

<whispers>there are none ... teams hang onto LTs for dear life</whispers>
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-01-2005   #48
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

I have said this many times and will say it again...

DD is NOT a franchise back and never will be. He doesnt have the qualities it takes to become one, ever...............
Old 12-01-2005   #49
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

keep saying that and some day it might be true.

probably the day he retires.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #50
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan
I have said this many times and will say it again...

DD is NOT a franchise back and never will be. He doesnt have the qualities it takes to become one, ever...............

I disagree, when healthy he looks and runs like a young Priest Holmes and with Wells backing him up (who looks like a young Bettis) we are set at RB. We need O-line, Linebackers, and a secondary be it safety or another Cornerback.

Ive seen a ton of fast guys come out of college and do nothing. can you say 85% of Nebraska RBs??

And I am not sold on Reggie Bush being tough and being able to take a NFL hit.

Dont draft Bush, Trade down and fill in the holes Casserly and Capers has put us in.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read