Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-01-2005   #21
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedtexansfan513
Domanick is a half-way decent fit for the texans. He can be fairly decent at time, but last week watching him run the football made me officially give up on him. 25 carries, 78 yards? That is horrible!!!!!!! A good running back in the NFL would have at least 125 yards with 25 carries. I want him out after this season.

and he did it vs. a bad rams defense... its time to start making the reggie bush jerseys for sell at academy....and we gotta get the REG-GIE REG-GIE REG-GIE chant going...
Old 12-01-2005   #22
TexansStill
Rookie

Default I agree with Bigbull Dominc is just not a game changer.

He is a very good back. Very steady when he is healthy. He is just not a game changer. He does not break out for that home run when you need him too. The elite backs do that on a game to game basis. That's why Reggie Bush should be strongly considered. We see him do it all the time.
Old 12-01-2005   #23
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

I'm not trying to take anything away from Bush, but he has had one of the best, if not the best o lines in college. Not to mention that if he was drafted, he would never get the most out of his talent. The team already has Davis, Wells and Morency, which mean the most time he would get is on special teams.
Old 12-01-2005   #24
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

he would beat out david and morency he would get handed the Job at runningback like they have handed the job at other Positions and bush would be great.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #25
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

You do understand behind this line, he won't be getting 125 yards on 25 carries. I honestly don't think anyone can. Opposing defenses very rarely worry about our passing game. They don't have to. 8 men in the box. 9 men, in the box.....Reggie bush would have a hard time hitting homeruns game after game.

I'd like to have an explosive back like Reggie, but not at the expense of ruining him, and yet another loosing season.

Let's fix our problems first. We've got recievers, we've got RBs, we've got the only QB dumb enough to take the job......we need Cornerbacks, Linebackers, and Olinemen more than we need a RB. If we have to, we should trade down, for a lower first, and an extra second round pick, heck we can get a lower first, and a proven Offensive gaurd......

I'm not hating on Bush, but I'd think it would be pathetic to draft him. We have the most frequently sacked QB in the last 3 years running, so let's draft a tailback.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #26
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 281570 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

You know what all this Reggie Bush hype reminds me of? The hype surrounding JJ Arrington last season. The only back to run for 2000 yards in NCAA last year, fast, homerun hitter, blah blah blah.

Let's not put his bust in Canton just yet. (I actually had the line from Pulp Fiction - Harvey Keitel in mind, but it's slightly inappropriate )
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #27
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Love Ya Blue!

I think DD is a very good running/all purpose back. He is a little injury prone, but if we trade him and gets behind a good O-line, we will regret it bigtime. When teams gameplan against us, he is the first person they want to stop. Of course he's 60% of our offense, and we are pretty good at stopping ourselves. We need a more balanced attack. I could see adding a quality back to split carries with DD. Hard to say if drafting a tailback is the best idea, or trading down for an extra pick. We have alot of problems to fix. We could really benefit from a great TE, but back to the O-line problems, our TE are needed to block. :brickwall

DEAR LORD GIVE ME THE ANSWER!!! - Billy Madison
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-01-2005   #28
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 412969 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansStill
He is just not a game changer. He does not break out for that home run when you need him too. The elite backs do that on a game to game basis. That's why Reggie Bush should be strongly considered. We see him do it all the time.
Someone needs to call up Edge with his 3 runs over 20 yds and 33 yd long on the season and tell him he isn't elite. Maybe do a conference call with Willis McGahee and his 4 runs over 20 yds and long of 27 and Clinton Portis with his 3 runs over 20 yds and long of 41.
Old 12-01-2005   #29
Frills
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
Arrington is on a ****** team, one that passes first, and then passes again. He onlly gets like, 5-8 carries a game, and averages like, 40 yds a game. I don't even know if he starts or not. I thought Arrington was better than Caddilac personally, but I can't say for sure because Arrington hardly gets any carries.
He's prolly getting his first start this weekend, against a craptastic SF team he should do well.
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #30
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
You do understand behind this line, he won't be getting 125 yards on 25 carries. I honestly don't think anyone can. Opposing defenses very rarely worry about our passing game.
I don't know why everyone seems to think that run blocking skills and pass blocking skills are the same. Our linemen are much better run blockers than pass blockers on balance.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #31
uhcougar08
SHSUKATS08

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc
You know what all this Reggie Bush hype reminds me of? The hype surrounding JJ Arrington last season. The only back to run for 2000 yards in NCAA last year, fast, homerun hitter, blah blah blah.

Let's not put his bust in Canton just yet. (I actually had the line from Pulp Fiction - Harvey Keitel in mind, but it's slightly inappropriate )
Bush is one of the most exciting players in college football history, he is not compared to Arrington, if anything, I have heard comparing him to a faster marshall faulk or even gayle sayers.
Old 12-01-2005   #32
Frills
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhcougar08
Bush is one of the most exciting players in college football history, he is not compared to Arrington, if anything, I have heard comparing him to a faster marshall faulk or even gayle sayers.
Let me know when he carries the ball more than 20 times in a few games...then he might be considered worthy
Old 12-01-2005   #33
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 412969 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I don't know why everyone seems to think that run blocking skills and pass blocking skills are the same. Our linemen are much better run blockers than pass blockers on balance.
Very true, but IMO there are not doing as well run blocking this year as they were the 2nd half of last year.
Old 12-01-2005   #34
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc
There are very few backs that would have 125 yards rushing AND 42 receiving with a TD. Jamal Lewis might have 42 yards receiving in his career, for instance (slightly exaggerated to make a point). If the team plays to DD's strengths, which is an all-purpose back, then he can be highly effective. I don't personally think he needs 25 carries a game. I'd much rather see him with 15 and maybe 5 receptions.
you mean bit like Westbrook at the Eagles, he has maybe 10 - 15 carries but can quite often get 6- 10 catches as well.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #35
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

This might just be noticing this but the reason why we cant get a pass off is because our o-line doesnt give them enough time to do it. So then i think Why is DD not doing so good this year. Then i think is it really DD that is doing bad or is it our run blocking that needs the help. I have seen DD run when he get blocking and he runs brilliantly. Plus the Texans gave him that huge contract so i think the Texans dont think its him. I seriously doubt that we will ever see Reggie Bush as our RB. We make bad selections every year and if we draft Reggie Bush that will be a waist of money. We need OL too much to even consider a RB in the 1st round.
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #36
Frills
Veteran

DD has so many rec yards because the middle of the field is wide open due to sacks and lack of TE.

There is absolutely no reason to cover the middle of the field vs the Texans.
Old 12-01-2005   #37
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Domanick is a half-way decent fit for the texans. He can be fairly decent at time, but last week watching him run the football made me officially give up on him. 25 carries, 78 yards? That is horrible!!!!!!! A good running back in the NFL would have at least 125 yards with 25 carries. I want him out after this season.
Alexander had 30 odd carries for just over 100 yards against the Giants - as an average per rush attempt its about the same.
A lot of the reason that Alexander is successful is that O Line - Jones, Hutchinson, Tobeck, Gray and the young lad Locklear. Dont forget that he also has one of the best lead blockers in the game - Mack Strong at FB.

Now how do you think Alexander would do behind our O line?
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #38
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 281570 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Yes, Mancunian - more like how the Eagles intended on using Westbrook, with Buckhalter splitting carries.

For all the talk about how much like Faulk and Westbrook everyone thinks Bush might be, I personally think there's a much better chance his career ends up closer to Eric Metcalf or Dave Meggett. Both of those guys were very valuable players to their teams throughout their careers, but neither will ever get a sniff at the HOF. Meggett made the Pro Bowl twice and played in two Super Bowls and Metcalf made three Pro Bowls. Metcalf started his career as a RB, but was labeled a WR later. He did enough of both to totally confuse anyone who tried to figure out what he was . He finished with 630 rushing attempts and 541 receptions in his career. He did have one season with 1189 receiving yards.

JMO.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #39
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts
I Feel your Pain If Fragile Fred Taylor Had 165 Yards On 22 Carries i would expect DD To At least Break 100 on 25 Carries but we are judged by mediocre standards now a days. and our Fans dont ask much from the players.
It is really sad what our fans are asking of them. We are asking David Carr just to get rid of the ball, but what about the completion? That is just an example BTW
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #40
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Willis McGahee had 22 caries for 55 yds last week. The week before Stephen Jackson had 9 carries for 6 yds. About a month ago LT went into the 4th quarter with a negative yardage total against the Eagles on over 10 carries.

DD had over 130 total yds and people complain, go figure!!!:brickwall

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read