Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-30-2005   #1
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default DD no better than 2nd string RB for any other team

Domanick is a half-way decent fit for the texans. He can be fairly decent at time, but last week watching him run the football made me officially give up on him. 25 carries, 78 yards? That is horrible!!!!!!! A good running back in the NFL would have at least 125 yards with 25 carries. I want him out after this season.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #2
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans just paid him big money over the summer, he's not going anywhere.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #3
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

well he will be a decent back up to reggie bush.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Hard to understand Casserlys reasoning on giving DD a new contract at
the beginning of the season, especially since they just used a third round
pick on another RB in Aprils Draft. I mean we all know that DD is injury prone,
many scenarios could have had the OK-State rookie as #1 on the depth chart at year end. Then there's Hollings, probably the teams worst personnel
decision along with the PBurnt trade. Casserly has been at his very worst
when it comes to choosing and picking players at RB.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225061 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't claim to remember the numbers but I recall many people on this board throwing those numbers around back when he signed him and applauding Charlie Casserly for getting Davis "now" at a fairly reasonable price as opposed to after the 2005 season when he'd cost significantly more (presuming that he'd finally come up with that 1,300 - 1,500 season he's always just about to have.

Now it's all about the ridiculous money we paid Davis and how he'll be very hard to trade with that salary. I have to say I'm confused about this. Which one is it?
Old 11-30-2005   #6
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

There are very few backs that would have 125 yards rushing AND 42 receiving with a TD. Jamal Lewis might have 42 yards receiving in his career, for instance (slightly exaggerated to make a point). If the team plays to DD's strengths, which is an all-purpose back, then he can be highly effective. I don't personally think he needs 25 carries a game. I'd much rather see him with 15 and maybe 5 receptions.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #7
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
I don't claim to remember the numbers but I recall many people on this board throwing those numbers around back when he signed him and applauding Charlie Casserly for getting Davis "now" at a fairly reasonable price as opposed to after the 2005 season when he'd cost significantly more (presuming that he'd finally come up with that 1,300 - 1,500 season he's always just about to have.

Now it's all about the ridiculous money we paid Davis and how he'll be very hard to trade with that salary. I have to say I'm confused about this. Which one is it?
Yeah, he was a top 5 RB in some peoples eyes. He was suppose to have that 2000 yard total season the last couple years, too.

I can't talk though, I supported Tony Hollings

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-30-2005   #8
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

DD is okay but Wells deserves playing time.

We dont need Reggie Bush, we need a great O-line like any solid team has
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #9
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedtexansfan513
Domanick is a half-way decent fit for the texans. He can be fairly decent at time, but last week watching him run the football made me officially give up on him. 25 carries, 78 yards? That is horrible!!!!!!! A good running back in the NFL would have at least 125 yards with 25 carries. I want him out after this season.
Stellar analysis there. So a good, not even great RB averages 5 ypc? I guess LaDainian Tomlinson hasn't even been good except for 3 weeks of this season, Edge has only been good 3 weeks of this season, Willis McGahee has only been good 3 weeks of this season. FYI, only 1 RB in the NFL has averaged 5 or over this year. Pick a silly standard, get a silly conclusion.
Old 11-30-2005   #10
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I was just gonna say "stfu" but some people with more patience than me for this kind of bunk have done a good job of explaining.

i agree with Jerek and Infantry
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #11
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just a Bush pimp trying to justify taking him by dissing DD. Happens every year with one player or another. Last year was that can't miss, send him to the HOF in his rookie year safety. Can't seem to remember his name...Shaun something or another. Heard he got a job somewhere in DC.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #12
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedtexansfan513

I Feel your Pain If Fragile Fred Taylor Had 165 Yards On 22 Carries i would expect DD To At least Break 100 on 25 Carries but we are judged by mediocre standards now a days. and our Fans dont ask much from the players.

Last edited by Napa Auto Parts; 11-30-2005 at 11:58 PM.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #13
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

DD is a good RB, and i doubt hes 100% right now, but they should of started Wells in the Rams game, but i can see DD being a great RB in the next year or two give it some time, its only his 3rd season, hes young and we have alot of time, and how long was his contract for???
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #14
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
There is always confusion when comparing apples to oranges, I mean foresight to hindsight.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #15
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

DD is one of the best, if not the best, value picks made by this franchise to date. But to me, DD will always be more of an Aaron Stecker-type (and we don't have a Deuce). We just use him as an every down back and to his credit and our good fortune, he has performed above expectations.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #16
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Hard to understand Casserlys reasoning on giving DD a new contract at
the beginning of the season, especially since they just used a third round
pick on another RB in Aprils Draft.
Probably because he started his career with two 1000 yard rushing seasons behind our poor line and won Rookie of the Year two years ago. He has been one of the better all-round backs in the league and would have been a restricted free agent at the end of the year so they wanted to lock him down early. He had 1776 total yards and 14 TDs last year in 15 games, pretty good numbers, especially for someone in our poor offensive system.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #17
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
Seriously, where do you get the 25/125 number? Shaun Alexander and LT are not good RBs, they are phenomenal RBs, and they are the only two backs in the league that come to my mind that would ever be expected to put up that many carries with that YPC on a regular basis.
I got it from the original post. Don't look at me.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Hmmmm our running game suffers...........our passing game suffers.....hmm

there's got to be something in common......can't put my finger on it...........

Let's see, Our passing game suffers because our quarterback is lying down half the game?? why would he lay down after every other snap??.......
Then our running game..........guys keep getting hit before they reach the line of scrimmage......what's between the running back and the line of scrimmage??
What's supposed to allow the quarterback to take a 5 step drop, and remain standing??...........I can't think of it, but I think it's the same thing between the running back and the line of scrimmage.....it's some kind of a squiggle, or a line, or something........

I don't know, this football stuff is too hard for me.....my brain hurts...
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #19
Frills
Veteran

Bush takes a hit and crumbles now. What happens when he gets thumped by someone like Roy Williams (Emmit Smith, TO, McNabb).

He rarely gets more than 15 carries/game.

White is a better Pro RB, not as flashy, but flashy in the NFL lands you on the trainer table.
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #20
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts
I Feel your Pain If Fragile Fred Taylor Had 165 Yards On 22 Carries i would expect DD To At least Break 100 on 25 Carries but we are judged by mediocre standards now a days. and our Fans dont ask much from the players.
Yeah cause Fragile Fred does it every game? DD isnt the type of back that will take a run 78 yrds for a TD. Does that make him a lower tier RB? No it just says hes not a homerun hitter. There are alot of elite Rb's who dont hit homeruns.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read