Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-30-2005   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51932 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default We made the front page of ESPN.COM!!

Check us out! National publicity is great for the getting rid of Capers business:

http://espn.go.com/
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

there is no such thing as bad publicity
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #3
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

FIRE THEM!!! FIRE THEM ALL!!!!!!!:brickwall
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 226347 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

It sucks watching Capers go down like this. I believe that a coaching change is inevitable, necessary, and that Dom has mostly lost this team but I can't muster up much in the way of dislike for the man nor can I take any pleasure in his failing.

It's something I hoped we wouldn't have to see for a long, long time.
Old 11-30-2005   #5
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Texan7_5
FIRE THEM!!! FIRE THEM ALL!!!!!!!:brickwall

BURN 'EM! BURN 'EM ALL!!!!! - Johnny Ringo
DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #6
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

At least his mouth was closed...................
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #7
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
It sucks watching Capers go down like this. I believe that a coaching change is inevitable, necessary, and that Dom has mostly lost this team but I can't muster up much in the way of dislike for the man nor can I take any pleasure in his failing.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I hope he catches on somewhere and does well.
eriadoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-30-2005   #8
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc
I couldn't have said it better myself. I hope he catches on somewhere and does well.

he would be a great defensive cord.

some guys just arent capable of leading a team as a head coach, he unfortunatly is one of those guys.
YoungTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #9
God of Wine

I'm part of the Fire Capers Club but I really like Dom Capers the person. I hate to see the season come down to this. I hope he goes to a organization close to winning instead of another team rebuilding/expansion. Personally I think I would like to see Casserly fired first.
Old 11-30-2005   #10
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Put the guy out of his misery. He is suffering and the players are suffering playing for a guy they know is a goner. I can't see where this benefits anyone.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #11
ATX_Texan
Veteran

From the article:

Quote:
Owner Bob McNair would love nothing better than to keep Dom Capers. He knows Capers is a good coach. But McNair doesn't just answer to himself. He has a minority ownership group to please, but most important, he needs to show the fans something. He realizes the fans won't buy Capers' return. To be four years into expansion and be worse than the first year just doesn't sell tickets. McNair quietly was hoping Capers would win four of his last six to give him a case to take before the fans and the board. Had the Texans finished with five or six wins, McNair could have said that with adjustments among the assistants, the Texans could move ahead to Year 5 and rebuild the team around David Carr. But at 1-10, that's not a sale he can make. The Texans probably will be looking to get things right quickly. Should Brian Billick or Mike Martz become available, they will move toward the top of his list because they could bring in the offensive structure to give Carr a chance to be a successful quarterback. After going with a defensive coach to start the franchise in Capers, the Texans will probably lean toward offense with their next move.
It is pretty disappointing that McNair would consider retaining Capers with a 5 -11 or 6-10 record. This whole "adjust the assistants" and rebuild around Carr is pretty comical given Capers inability to make any adjustments during his tenure with the Texans.

Here's hoping that Capers keeps the losing streak for the remainder of the year. Of course, the thought of Billick or Martz as his replacement does not inspire much hope for the future either.

There is no mention of Casserly, so I guess that means we will have to endure another botched off-season.
ATX_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #12
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
Check us out! National publicity is great for the getting rid of Capers business:
Sad, but necessary. Dom's a hellava good guy but it's just not working out...
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #13
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

I have no doubt that he will catch on somewhere as a DC. I've been kind of hard on him in frustration but I don't have anything against him as a person either.
ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #14
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

oh god.. please keep Capers over Billick or Martz.

Billick has done worse than Capers despite having one of the best defensive lineups in the league. And if you think Capers makes boneheaded decisions in games.. wait till you see what Martz is capable of.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #15
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 937 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

I highly doubt that the next coach will be able to muster 1/3 of the class that Capers has shown us throughout his tenure. The though of crazy Martz or Billick coming into town with Casserly at their side makes me want to vomit...
houstonhurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #16
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

I sure as hell dont like Billick he wont be able to do anything here We have a Kyle Boller type of Qb here as well. i wont mention any names who that certain Qb is i dont want the Homers Getting all riled up.

And Martz his Qb has to have some Cajones To stay in the Pocket and wait for a route to develop and we dont have that type of Qb either especially having so many options in Martz Offense Our Qb No names of course would LOCK on to his first read like always.:brickwall
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #17
Texans427
Rookie

I do believe that we should keep that #1 pick and get the BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE!! We need to start thinking about better personnel. I am not in favor of trading down for a tackle or a guard. I'd rather throw a little cash at a FA (tackle or guard) and get youth and experience instead of just drafting youth. Go along the lines of what Detroit did. They drafted the best player at their time to pick. Granted, they OVERDID it with wide receivers and NO running support and Joey was just way overrated. That's one reason why Mooch got the ax. We draft Reggie Bush, that puts pressure on DD and Wells to get their act together. We draft Matt Leinart, that puts pressure on Carr (and his Dad) to step it up a few notches. Our receivers shouldn't have anything to fret over because the "system" that they operate under doesn't effectively get them the ball. Get rid of the DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR. Fangio has no clue. They always rate low in the tackling dept. and when the Colts had him, they had the WORST defense in the NFL. If I had may choice, I'd ask if Buddy Ryan would consider coming out of retirement. I'd like to see what the "46" defense could be like with the Texans. Casserly needs to be given the boot also. Washington is NOW starting to recover from most of the personnel blunders he made. He may be a nice person but a great football mind.....UHH NO!! GM choices: Ron Wolf or Jimmy Johnson My coach(es) of choice: Jimmy, of course, would be the first choice. I would even entertain asking Mack Brown. Now, before you flinch your noses at that, hear me out--Mack, if nothing else, knows TALENT and if he is surrounded be knowledgeable football minds, all he should do is run the team effectively. Pete Carroll--I know this would be his 2nd go-around in the NFL, but what better resume' could you read than his right about now. I don't see Mike Martz as a head coach, but as an offensive coordinator..ABSOLUTELY!!!!
I know these may be off the beaten path but that's why it is always good to dream!!

Sayonara!!
Texans427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #18
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:

This is very true. I think this is how McNair feels.
Old 11-30-2005   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Indeed. Even though we wanted it and knew it was inevitable, it's still a sad spectacle to endure.

I hope Coach Capers does well somewhere else, too....in another division, of course.
Old 11-30-2005   #20
Nighthawk
All Pro

Quote:
NOBODY dislikes Capers, or Casserly, or any of this sad bunch of coaches. It's not about Capers, it's about the team being real bad. It's unfortunate all the way around. Best would be to let him go now, not make him walk through these next five weeks as if nothing was wrong. What's wrong is making him stay.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read