Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-30-2005   #1
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dwayne Slay

Is dwayne slay as good people say he is? ive' never seen any of his game highlights. ive' heard he could go in the 2nd rd. Can somebody send me some his game footage??
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #2
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Texan7_5
Is dwayne slay as good people say he is? ive' never seen any of his game highlights. ive' heard he could go in the 2nd rd. Can somebody send me some his game footage??
glad to help out a fellow fan in need.

meet dwayne slay: http://media.putfile.com/DwayneSlay

3rd-4th round likely

He is built like a LB, has the speed of a RB, covers like a F/S, and hits like a Mac Truck.
YoungTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #3
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

That was a HIT!!!
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #4
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
That was a HIT!!!

yes!!

that is why i am advocating him instead of threat as our Safty pick this year. I wouldnt come inside the numbers on either side of the field!!
fade routs only for me please!!!!!!
Old 11-30-2005   #5
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
glad to help out a fellow fan in need.

meet dwayne slay: http://media.putfile.com/DwayneSlay

3rd-4th round likely

He is built like a LB, has the speed of a RB, covers like a F/S, and hits like a Mac Truck.
WOW!! WHY is he not projected to be a lock pick in the first day??

THANX YTF,
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #6
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
WOW!! WHY is he not projected to be a lock pick in the first day??

THANX YTF,

no scouts really look at TT because their offense overshadows the D, and everyone believes the players are a product of the system...(so do I).

But if you listen to some of the UT or A&M games or anything relitivly close to Texas, when a F/S makes a tackle or hit, the anouncers will say, "that was nice, but have you seen Dwayne Slay?!?!?"

people know about him, but he will still only be a 3rd round pick at best.

reason: there are three or four top safties, depending on Ko Simpson...and then there is Threat, who some like more. So just assume he is #5. I want him with one of our thirds...prefferably our second one...(right after taking dumervile who im saying now will slide due to mediocere pre-draft workouts.)
Old 11-30-2005   #7
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
THANX YTF,
o...and your welcome.

I believe that only shows the hit on the QB.

He also knocked the living crud out of a WR and caused a fumble earlier.

he is one of the best "drive through" tacklers i have ever seen.
Sponsored links
Old 11-30-2005   #8
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Im on his bandwagon now...
Old 11-30-2005   #9
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Im a BIG Texas tech fan, but I want to see Slay make the RIGHT reads! I know he can hit but what about speed, what about not being late on the deep route (Hello our safeties).

Be cool to have a guy who can hit at the FS position, Earl can hit but NO ONE can really read the defense or even get over on the cover.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #10
cadahnic
All Pro

The reason he is not projected higher because he cannot ballhawk or as Gold said make the right reads. He is not nearly as big as a LB at only 213-218, and his speed is suspect. He can lay the wood, but against grown men his hits will be toned down a bit. The guy is a good pick up and could play the SS and allow us to move guys like Earl and CC Brown to the FS. Threat is a true FS and fast enough to play corner kinda like Michael Huff of Texas. Just depends on what you want.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #11
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadahnic
The reason he is not projected higher because he cannot ballhawk or as Gold said make the right reads. He is not nearly as big as a LB at only 213-218, and his speed is suspect. He can lay the wood, but against grown men his hits will be toned down a bit. The guy is a good pick up and could play the SS and allow us to move guys like Earl and CC Brown to the FS. Threat is a true FS and fast enough to play corner kinda like Michael Huff of Texas. Just depends on what you want.
his speed is not suspect to me. i havent seen him burned deep too many times either. he also likes to be in the "box"

Earl would be a great F/S.
Old 12-01-2005   #12
rmartin65
I'm Score

Earl is to slow for FS
Old 12-01-2005   #13
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
Earl is to slow for FS

do you think? hmm...maybe C.C.

but i thought earl was running a lot better post recovery. i know he is more of a SS though...hmm...
Old 12-01-2005   #14
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
do you think? hmm...maybe C.C.

but i thought earl was running a lot better post recovery. i know he is more of a SS though...hmm...
Earl is playing SS right not and Brown is backing up (replacing?) Coleman at FS.
Old 12-01-2005   #15
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Earl is playing SS right not and Brown is backing up (replacing?) Coleman at FS.
then im stumped.

but i still want slay, he makes plays and can tackle, i just wonder if he will be good enough in coverage support.

Conclusion: I, along with everyone else need to watch him again. Watch tapes, watch him in the bowl game. Take a look at his pass coverage before the reciever catches the ball.

all comments about that with game references to support your opinion are more than welcome, and actually appreciated.
Old 12-01-2005   #16
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

We will see how fast he is. Its one thing to hit a guy, but at the safety position it is about reading the offense and being able to cover the deep man ala Isaac Bruce and not getting over late.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read