Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-29-2005   #1
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Vince Young on PTI

He said he was undecided about coming out at this point and stated he isn't thinking about anything but playing for his teammates right now... he did not say he was staying like he stated earlier. They asked him point blank if he would like to play for Houston and said he would love it and would like to play here in his hometown.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005   #2
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Great that he would love to play for the Texans, but IMO, he isn't what the teams needs at this point.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005   #3
God of Wine

I have been wondering what Reggie Bush would say if they asked him the same question.
Old 11-29-2005   #4
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that reggie would play here, he doesn't seem like the kind of player that will refuse to play for a team, but i don't know him so i could be wrong
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005   #5
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

"i dont have a choice" was one of his answers also when asked if he would like to come to the houston texans.

young isnt needed here IMO
Old 11-29-2005   #6
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdude730
"i dont have a choice" was one of his answers also when asked if he would like to come to the houston texans.

young isnt needed here IMO
The "I don't have a choice" was said after he was asked by Tony Kornheiser would he play for the Texans if his name was called on draft day by the Texans.
Old 11-29-2005   #7
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
Great that he would love to play for the Texans, but IMO, he isn't what the teams needs at this point.
That can be debated a great deal.
Old 11-29-2005   #8
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

How sweet would it be if he did enter the draft there's no way we could pass up on him after all this is a business and nothing would sell more tickets than a M.vick type player hopefully only better.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005   #9
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

YAY!!!!

Too bad I missed PTI today.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005   #10
bigcarlos
Veteran

He is what this team needs.......IMO
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005   #11
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Vince Young is about the last person in college football that we would need right now, and we should not draft him unless he somehow drops to the 3rd round or below, which won't happen.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005   #12
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Well we aren't going to be drafting him so this shouldn't even be a discussion. John Clayton tonight said on Sportscenter that Bob McNair has said that he is planning on exercising the $8 million option on Carr because there isn't a quarterback in the draft that has the passing and running abilities that David has. Clayton also said that Capers will most likely be fired for not utilizing David's skills.

I think they are going to sign Kubiak because he has experience using strong armed mobile quarterbacks and has had a lot of success with them.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005   #13
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
John Clayton tonight said on Sportscenter that Bob McNair has said that he is planning on exercising the $8 million option on Carr because there isn't a quarterback in the draft that has the passing and running abilities that David has.
Yeah it will be hard to find another QB that has the running ablility to break a good pocket and then get sacked outside the pocket. And it will also be hard to find another QB that throws the 2 yard hitch as well as Carr...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #14
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

David Carr does have the second highest rushing yards for a quarterback behind Michael Vick. There is also not much you can do when the plays called are short hitches and not moving the ball down the field. It is also hard to throw anything more than short hitches when you have to get rid of the ball in 1.3 seconds rather than 3. Like it or not, David Carr will be our quarterback for the next few years. Vince Young will not start his career as a Texan. It is not going to happen. Just because the guy is a good player, from Houston, and playing at UT does not make him a #1 overall pick. I have yet to see a mock draft where he is drafted over Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart, or D'Brickinshaw Ferguson. He is good, but he is still a project. You don't draft a project at #1.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Yeah it will be hard to find another QB that has the running ablility to break a good pocket and then get sacked outside the pocket. And it will also be hard to find another QB that throws the 2 yard hitch as well as Carr...

Yeah, see the problem there is that your typical rookie QB doesn't have the "touch" to throw that 2 yard hitch and doesn't develop it until he's at least coming to the end of his second season.
Old 11-30-2005   #16
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 24388 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
David Carr does have the second highest rushing yards for a quarterback behind Michael Vick.
Since he's usually running for his life, I'm surprised that he doesn't have as many yards as LaDanian Tomlinson.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #17
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104108 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts
How sweet would it be if he did enter the draft there's no way we could pass up on him after all this is a business and nothing would sell more tickets than a M.vick type player hopefully only better.
Thats what we said about Derrick Johnson last year. If Young comes out this year, we aim for Vick2 next year.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #18
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

They were talking about Vince Young on 610 radio this morning and they all agreed that they didn't see Vince being picked in the top 10 this year. I'm not totally sure I agree with that, but I still see him as being the 3-5 QB taken in the draft so it just depends on what teams are looking for a QB and where their picks are at.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #19
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

That's cause he had a bad game against A&M. Assume he wins the National Championship for Texas. Then let's see if he goes in the Top 10. I'm sure Arizona, Baltimore, and a lot of other teams would love to pass on a QB with his poise.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005   #20
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
They were talking about Vince Young on 610 radio this morning and they all agreed that they didn't see Vince being picked in the top 10 this year. I'm not totally sure I agree with that, but I still see him as being the 3-5 QB taken in the draft so it just depends on what teams are looking for a QB and where their picks are at.
I dont think he is a lock for a top 10 pick. Here are the top 10 teams at this moment. I could see him going in the top 20.

1 Houston - Carr. They will look elsewhere.
2 New York Jets - Pennington. They have so much money invested.
3 San Francisco - Alex Smith
4 Green Bay - Aaron Rogers
5 Tennessee - Billy Volek.
6 Arizona - Should jump up and take Matt Lienart.
7 New Orleans - Brooks, and backing up brooks is Adrian McPherson.
8 Baltimore - Possible QB pick.
9 Miami - Possible QB pick.
10 Buffalo - JP Losman

Also, Jay Cutler is looking great this year. He might end up being the 2nd QB taken.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read