Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-28-2005   #1
Nighthawk
All Pro

Default McNair is as bad as his coach & GM.

Time to say what has become obvious--McNair is as bad as Capers and Casserly.

They are birds of a feather. It long since past the point at which it would have been appropriate and timely to let Capers and Casserly go, and McNair hasn't lifted a finger. Maybe he's afraid he'll appear classless, but more likely he's just a slow mover accustomed to the pace of gentility.

If that's so, it may mean he won't even fire Capers or Casserly after the season. McNair clearly does not understand the damage that is being done to his franchise week after week. Sure, the people will come back, but they won't be happy about it. It's unfortunate after all the good will heaped on McNair and the franchise at the startup.

The Lions had a situation half as dire as ours and a coach twice as famous, and they still let him go after a disappointing performance as head coach. THere's no one who can say Dom Capers has been anything but a serious disappoint as HC of the Texans. And Casserly has done an amateur's job as GM.

If McNair is not quick-witted enough to recognize this and act on it, then I think he's got exactly the team he deserves.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

who are you going to bring into coach right now that is available Bud Grant? Bum Phillips? chuck noll? chuck knox??

the coaches that we will target will not be accessible until after their teams respectful season
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I cannot find any level at which I can agree with you here.
Old 11-28-2005   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

If we replace the coaches now, we might start winning and lose our spot in the draft.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #5
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

If this is not someone fishing for an argument, then I don't know what is. We are in our 4th year. We have had 3 very enjoyable years here. So what we are having our 1st terrible season...... I wouldnt fire my head coach during the middle of the season either. We cannot legally talk to our future head coach until there season is over unless you want someone out of retirement, which I dont.

So please go fish in another pond. This one is empty.......
Old 11-28-2005   #6
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

If people are not quick witted enough to realize that changes now - given the lack of qualified successors in house - will have negligible effect over changes six weeks from now, then they'll never get it either.

As far as Detroit's situation, Millen is as culpable as Mooch and he's still there. And they are smarter than us?
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #7
Nighthawk
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
who are you going to bring into coach right now that is available Bud Grant? Bum Phillips? chuck noll? chuck knox??

the coaches that we will target will not be accessible until after their teams respectful season
Don't be dumb. YOu're going to put in a caretaker. The key is to get Dom and Casserly outta here and get somebody in who will play our other players and let them have a chance to see what they can do? What's the use of playing Carr now? We know he's gunshy, streaky, has a big arm, is none too accurate even in the best of times. What are you gonna learn playing him? Nothing. So you play Banks, you play Ragone, get 'em some film time, get 'em some game time. Same for all the other positions at which we've got questions--

For heaven's sake, use your imagination a little.
Sponsored links
Old 11-28-2005   #8
Nighthawk
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
If people are not quick witted enough to realize that changes now - given the lack of qualified successors in house - will have negligible effect over changes six weeks from now, then they'll never get it either.

As far as Detroit's situation, Millen is as culpable as Mooch and he's still there. And they are smarter than us?
See my note above and enjoy five more weeks of the crap they've been dishing out all year. The reason you change NOW is so you get a jump on the future. You DON'T try to replace the coach, you hire a caretaker.

Try using the noggin.
Old 11-28-2005   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk
Don't be dumb. YOu're going to put in a caretaker. The key is to get Dom and Casserly outta here and get somebody in who will play our other players and let them have a chance to see what they can do? What's the use of playing Carr now? We know he's gunshy, streaky, has a big arm, is none too accurate even in the best of times. What are you gonna learn playing him? Nothing. So you play Banks, you play Ragone, get 'em some film time, get 'em some game time. Same for all the other positions at which we've got questions--

For heaven's sake, use your imagination a little.

it is easy to bash..but give some examples of who could come in and coach?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #10
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 239970 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Capers has earned this season and I want the balance of it on his record.

But yes, McNair is clearly an ***** for not listening to our more intelligent fans and firing Capers every Monday since about week 3. How the heck DID he get to be a millionaire anyway? Sheesh .....

:brickwall
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #11
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Try using the noggin.
I was thinking the same when I read the first post in this thread.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #12
profan
Veteran

Quote:
Time to say what has become obvious--McNair is as bad as Capers and Casserly.

The Lions had a situation half as dire as ours and a coach twice as famous, and they still let him go after a disappointing performance as head coach. THere's no one who can say Dom Capers has been anything but a serious disappoint as HC of the Texans. And Casserly has done an amateur's job as GM.
Dude, please don't bring Detroit into this. Detroit has won one playoff game since 1957. Don't start looking to them as a model of what we should do.

I simply do not agree with you. If we had a good offensive or defensive coordinator, that could take over the team, and possibly become the next head coach, then, I would say fire capers yesterday! That worked well for out old NFL team when Fisher took over in season after Pardee was fired. But , we do not have anyone to take over at this point and it would be useless, to fire capers. I agree we need to start evaluating other players and this is being done at several positions. I would like to see Ragone get some playing time, really don't care about banks as we know what he can do.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #13
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If we had a good offensive or defensive coordinator, that could take over the team, and possibly become the next head coach, then, I would say fire capers yesterday!
you mean like Chris Palmer?

McNair already listened to the current MB Guru's and look what that got us. A 'written in concrete' Capers as HC till the end of the season due to no other qualified candidate being available on the current Texans staff. Unless of course Capers was smarter than we MB Guru's realized and figured out he better get rid of the only competition on his staff for his job, AND satisfy the current fans with some really really really quality ACTION at the same time. That is a win-win for Capers and a lose-lose for the fans and Texans.

McNair already did the 'fan plan' way and put himself in the 'no option' plan for doing so. Now you gotta wonder how smart he would be to try the 'fan plan' twice in one season.

Get real.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #14
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

McNair is a stud and someday things will be better, it would be unprofessional for him to make a comment other than what he has already addressed. changes are in the works of that you can be sure its only smart buisness to keep your cards close to your vest instead of showing your hand
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #15
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

This is the worst part of a loss:

The ridiculous commentary and posts. Of all sorts. Not just this thread. On the radio. On message boards. Etc to repulsion. It almost makes me want to flee to France to be away from the American football, smokes the cigarettes, drink the wines, eat the many rich foods, feign the indifference and go unwashed.

There are enough legitimate concerns about the Texans without making up making bizarro world comments. (I used the bolding thing because otherwise I am tempted to make a banner that says this and fly it over the city. It would be too long a sign and it would crash the plane).

I just don't know what goes through people's noggins--"Hmmmm, everybody basically agrees that X, Y and Z are issues, but maybe, just maybe N (the crazy thing I pulled out of my behind*) is THE answer. Lemme start a new thread and everyone will realize I am right and will recognize my supergenius football mind."

Or maybe that is just a subconscious process.

*Otherwise abbreviated as TCTIPOOMB.

BTW, I really really really love finding the thoughtful, well-reasoned, non-over generalized comments amongst the silliness. You people know who you are.
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #16
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

McNair has already verbally hired Jimmy Johnson. He is just not going to make anything public until after the season. JJ is already eyeing the draft and is making plans for the Texans. Why do you think JJ was getting so anxious when the Texans were up at halftime? He thought he was losing his #1 pick. So don't worry, the next staff is already in the works.

Capers and Casserly are just going to ride the ship all the way down to the ocean floor.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #17
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns
McNair has already verbally hired Jimmy Johnson. He is just not going to make anything public until after the season. JJ is already eyeing the draft and is making plans for the Texans. Why do you think JJ was getting so anxious when the Texans were up at halftime? He thought he was losing his #1 pick. So don't worry, the next staff is already in the works.

Capers and Casserly are just going to ride the ship all the way down to the ocean floor.
Good to hear, did you find this story on a napkin or near a urinal?
Old 11-28-2005   #18
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

You dump them NOW!!!! That gives you 10 weeks to find replacements and get down to hiring them right after the SuperBowl so they have plenty of time to evaluate this team and prepare for the draft.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #19
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Good to hear, did you find this story on a napkin or near a urinal?
Actually Elklund was reporting that.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #20
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns
Actually Elklund was reporting that.
Is that a Houston talk show guy?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read