Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-28-2005   #1
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Lets not forget Fangio

I see alot of talk about Capers and Casserly going.. and I dont want anyone to forget that Fangio need to be right behind, or right ahead, of them.

Fangio was fired from Indi because he made the players think too much. Meaning he didnt let them play instinctually.. this led to a slow, useless defense.

Yesterdays game should give you an idea of what our defense could look like if we just gave them a bit more freedom out there. The first half they were great.. the second half they looked like the defense we saw for the first 10 games.

Fangio needs to go. I honestly think we may already have the talent to create a very good defense... we just dont have the coaches to make it work.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #2
TexanAlmighty
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
I see alot of talk about Capers and Casserly going.. and I dont want anyone to forget that Fangio need to be right behind, or right ahead, of them.

Fangio was fired from Indi because he made the players think too much. Meaning he didnt let them play instinctually.. this led to a slow, useless defense.

Yesterdays game should give you an idea of what our defense could look like if we just gave them a bit more freedom out there. The first half they were great.. the second half they looked like the defense we saw for the first 10 games.

Fangio needs to go. I honestly think we may already have the talent to create a very good defense... we just dont have the coaches to make it work.
I agree, I wouldn't be upset if he is the first to be fired. I wish the Texans would do something today! :brickwall :brickwall
Old 11-28-2005   #3
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

His last coaching duty should be carrying Capers stuff to the car for him. Then fire him before he gets back in the building.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm trying to forget Fangio
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I call Fangio, the word Fundio. I don't think I should explain what that means.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #6
SESupergenius

I have finally seem 3 consecutive quarters of defense on this team that resembles the defense I was familiar with when Capers was with the Steelers. I actually saw a safety blitz! Imagine that. We were doing all kinds of blitzes yesterday from all kinds of angles. I was glad to see that. I can't blame this one totally on Fangio, the players just had no heart and gave up at the end yesterday. They looked winded and uninspired. I call shenanigans, I think they tanked this game to keep their slot in the draft. I want congressional hearings.
Old 11-28-2005   #7
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 48171 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
I have finally seem 3 consecutive quarters of defense on this team that resembles the defense I was familiar with when Capers was with the Steelers. I actually saw a safety blitz! Imagine that. We were doing all kinds of blitzes yesterday from all kinds of angles. I was glad to see that. I can't blame this one totally on Fangio, the players just had no heart and gave up at the end yesterday. They looked winded and uninspired. I call shenanigans, I think they tanked this game to keep their slot in the draft. I want congressional hearings.
Read an article in this mornings chronic that the last two coaches who had Fangio for a defensive coordinator ended up getting fired.
Old 11-28-2005   #8
barzilla
Veteran

Anytime a head coach is fired it means all the coaches are fired. There isn't a coach worth a mound of excrement that would take a job without being able to choose his assistants. So, don't worry about Fangio. He's gone like the rest of them.
barzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #9
Str8tupg42k1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
I call Fangio, the word Fundio. I don't think I should explain what that means.
lol........ you gotta know what it is to know what he's talking about.
Str8tupg42k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #10
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Grid, where have you been, most people add something about Fangio in their posts.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #11
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle
Default And why is Fangio still around?

The Lions had the guts to fire their head coach, why did we have the lack of brain power to hire a guy who has a track record of crappy Defenses??

Why is he still here? I went to bed and all I prayed for was that he would be gone. Did God fail me on this prayer?? (j/k of course, but seriously he needs to be fired NOW).
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #12
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

The Lions had Dick Jauron, who's been a head coach before, to promote as interim coach. Houston has Vic Fungobat and the recently-promoted Joe Pendry. I think they're scared that it actually COULD get worse. Not sure why that's such a fear at this point.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I really don't see what difference it makes when these people are fired as long as they are replaced by next year (training camp, draft day, whatever).
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #14
phan1
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid

Yeah,its the same defense that didn't let Steve Foley play to the best of his ability, and now he's a probowler with the Chargers after we let him go. :brickwall
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #15
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

2 Words
BUDDY RYAN
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read