Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-28-2005   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default We are NFL truth #8

From ESPN.Com:

8. The "C-Amigos" -- Carr, Capers and Casserly -- all must go in Houston.

You can't really single out one guy for what's wrong in Houston. Quarterback David Carr still makes rookie decisions. Head coach Dom Capers still lacks offensive imagination. And general manager Charley Casserly has to be held responsible for assembling a horrid collection of talent.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...hitlock/051123

Finally, national coverage is to our advantage!
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #2
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

The C-amigos that is classic we reffer to them as the three stooges but i like C-amigos either way about some nationally pointed it out.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Carr looked pretty good yesterday. He finally took advantage of the offensive line that has been improving over the last few games, which is a big plus. You can't take away the fact that the offense put enough points on the board to win a game.

Keep Carr and get a new front office and coaching staff. I'm indifferent about Casserly, but Capers has to go.
Old 11-28-2005   #4
cadahnic
All Pro

I agree that Capers and Casserly must go, but there is no QB in this years draft that will be as good as Carr. I am a supporter of him, but if he cannot get it done with a good coach like Kubiak then he should be dropped. We will see at the end of the season.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

As long as David is willing to take the beating, I think it's a waste of time to get another QB 'till we improve the O-Line.

Who'd want the job anyway?? Quincy Carter??
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #6
Htown34s
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
As long as David is willing to take the beating, I think it's a waste of time to get another QB 'till we improve the O-Line.

Who'd want the job anyway?? Quincy Carter??
Very good point!
Old 11-28-2005   #7
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

that is true carr looked good yesterday but the 7th rounder from harvard look better than him what thats that mean. when a 7th rounder looks better than the 1st overall of 2002
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-28-2005   #8
BaLou
Rookie

We need a head coaching change and an O-Line in place for next season. If there is no improvement, then work on getting getting the skill positions that we need. We really need to work on the fundemental aspects of the game first.

BaLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #9
Keyser Soze
Rookie

Carr isn't the greatest, but seriously take a look around the league. There are a LOT of teams that are struggling with their QBs. I say keep him (almost can't believe I typed that) and get serious about fixing what MUST be fixed - the O-line and the entire D.

I'll agree C-dos adios. Casserly and Capers. Not bad guys, just not getting the job done.
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #10
billtxus
Rookie

I agree, Carr isn't the biggest problem by far. This team has a long way to go to be a contender, and no reason Carr can't take the snaps in the meantime. Worrying about the QB is just a distaction when both lines are not functioning. Look at the Bears, they have won seven straight with a rookie, because they have a great defensive line and a decent offensive line. Don't need an all-star at QB to win, Baltimore proved that with Dilfer a few years ago. Get some better linemen, and better coaches.
billtxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts
that is true carr looked good yesterday but the 7th rounder from harvard look better than him what thats that mean. when a 7th rounder looks better than the 1st overall of 2002
It means that our DEFENSE is much, much worse than the Rams defense.

Watch, next week a real NFL defense will welcome the Havard rookie to the league and then he'll truly have his test of fire. It'll be like Losman - looks great against us, but gets creamed by any other defensive unit in the league.

Nothing can be evaluated from yesterday's performance other than the fact that our defensive unit sucks and is a complete joke (without a punchline).
Old 11-28-2005   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
It means that our DEFENSE is much, much worse than the Rams defense.
Statistics prove you wrong Daniel san. We are pretty close to the same.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Statistics prove you wrong Daniel san. We are pretty close to the same.
Perhaps cold hard statistics, sensei, but how many times has the Rams D given up a 21 point lead in the second half...much less 10 points in 34 seconds?

BTW, where is a good source of finding offensive and defensive unit rankings? I've been hearing that the Texans D are almost last in every category, and no higher than 31st in any one of them. I'd always like to verify this information with a good source, even when coming from Charlie Palilo.

I'm still having a hard time believing it was the rookie's FIRST NFL experience. Man...what a first game! :brickwall
Old 11-28-2005   #14
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

The Rams have all world receivers. That made his job somewhat easier. But he looked very poised and good for a rookie.

Next time he plays he might have had more time to think about it and be more rattled.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #15
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Fitzpatrick also has a solid running game, a few great recievers and a offensive line that has two former all pros. So, he might have a little more talent on offense than Carr has.
Old 11-28-2005   #16
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 50323 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

We're 24th in passing defense, 32nd in rushing defense, 30th overall. (StL is 31st and 27th respectively and 29th overall)

nfl.com

As for the original post, my preference would be Capers, Casserly, then Carr.... and not all need to leave at the same time if they want to "execute" in baby steps to see if there is an ultimate endpoint to solve a majority of the team's issues.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #17
abbest
Veteran

Who was the last no# 1 overall draft pick QB to win the SuperBowl. John Elway i believe. David Carr will never be mentioned in the same breath as Elway. Joe Montana was a third rounder. Carr is a lemon and the rest of the NFL is driving him to the junker.
abbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #18
illspawn
Rookie

Quote:
I thought Carr looked pretty good yesterday. He finally took advantage of the offensive line that has been improving over the last few games, which is a big plus. You can't take away the fact that the offense put enough points on the board to win a game.

Keep Carr and get a new front office and coaching staff. I'm indifferent about Casserly, but Capers has to go.

I agree David looked very good and so did the offensive line. For once the offensive line should get a big pat on the back. That is one thing in the game I am happy about. In all honesty I am pretty happy with the whole offense this game, hell even Bradford was catching the ball. The only thing I saw mistake wise on the receivers was in the time they should be running the clock out they were going out of bounds. It would have only taken a few less seconds off the clock and the game would have been won. The going out of bounds could be habit of being behind during the 4th quarter and forgot to not stop the clock. Even with that if the defense would have done better then we would have won, but the defensive front looked good.

Capers needs to go as well.

Thanks guys for making it an interesting game at least.
illspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #19
uhcougar08
SHSUKATS08

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadahnic
I agree that Capers and Casserly must go, but there is no QB in this years draft that will be as good as Carr. I am a supporter of him, but if he cannot get it done with a good coach like Kubiak then he should be dropped. We will see at the end of the season.
Have you ever heard of some guy by the name of Matt Leinart?
Old 11-28-2005   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Perhaps cold hard statistics, sensei, but how many times has the Rams D given up a 21 point lead in the second half...much less 10 points in 34 seconds?

BTW, where is a good source of finding offensive and defensive unit rankings? I've been hearing that the Texans D are almost last in every category, and no higher than 31st in any one of them. I'd always like to verify this information with a good source, even when coming from Charlie Palilo.

I'm still having a hard time believing it was the rookie's FIRST NFL experience. Man...what a first game! :brickwall
Points given up - Rams 327 @ 376.6 yards per game and the Texans 325 @ 382.9 ypg.

Rams have a worse passing defense, and if you toggle run defense we give up 4.8 ypc per rushing attempt while they give up 4.5. We both have awful defenses. We both had the ball in the OT...but only one offense could beat a bad defense when it counted.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read