Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-27-2005   #1
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 937 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Blame this loss on the Oilers!

Yes, the blame should go to your old Houston Oilers. We were humming along fine until McNair introduced about fifty former Houston football greats (mostly Oilers) during halftime. Heck, he even said that he would ask them to come out each week if the team performed like they did in the first half. After that, bam...we fall apart. I am not a conspiracy theorist, but...
houstonhurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #2
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Awh c'mon, man. Didn't get to watch the game, listened on the radio. Last time I listened on the radio they won. I had a good feleing up until the 4th when the defense was letting "Mr. Ivy League" torch them downfield, and just making bonehead mistakes.
Old 11-27-2005   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink 35-3 ~ 24-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane
Yes, the blame should go to your old Houston Oilers. We were humming along fine until McNair introduced about fifty former Houston football greats (mostly Oilers) during halftime. Heck, he even said that he would ask them to come out each week if the team performed like they did in the first half. After that, bam...we fall apart. I am not a conspiracy theorist, but...
heh-heh, that's funny...we were chuckling about some weird karmic synergy with the 'dome just next door and many of the players from the choke team in the crowd (even saw some baby blue Warren Moon jerseys in the crowd). Interesting to see us blow a 21 point lead at the same game we celebrate some of those dudes.

Not that I'm superstitious or anything...
Old 11-27-2005   #4
txns67
Rookie

Default Does this game reminds you of "The Buffalo Choke"?

We were leading at halftime 24-3 until The Rams starting to roar back and win in OT 33-27. Again, we were so pissed off on how the way that game was played as we celebrated Houston's treasured football history.
txns67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #5
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Funny, I was thinking the same thing as we walked out. "Legendary choke" could be a headline tomorrow.

I totally enjoyed seeing all the old players and I had the opportunity to chat for a while with Robert Woods, one of the more obscure LYB era players. He only played 3 games as an Oiler in '78 but I remembered him for some reason. Couldn't remember his number though...I was embarrassed to have to ask him. I also chatted briefly with Mike Barber. He seemed to be really enjoying the attention from the fans. It was obvious a lot of these guys really enjoyed being there.

Seeing guys like Greg Bingham, John Shumacher, Andre Ware, Allen Pinkett, Curtis Duncan, Heywood Jeffires, Webster Slaughter, Willie Tullis, Giff, Oliver Luck, Alonzo Highsmith, Cris Dishman, Kenny Burrough, Willie Alexander, Ken Houston, et al., really brought back the memories.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #6
bigcarlos
Veteran

bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #7
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 937 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Of course I was being sarcastic, but it was kind of funny that this choke happened today. I am not a native of Houston, so many of those honored were unknown to me. However, it was great to see them receive their due recognition. Hopefully the Texans' organization will make every effort to keep them close to the franchise.
houstonhurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-27-2005   #8
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 11712 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Curse you Columbia Blue! CURSE YOU!!!!

It was good seeing the players of yesteryear... but now that you do mention that coincendence.... hmm....
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #9
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

It was humbling to see some of my fav players at halftime, brought back tons of memories both good and bad. The highlights they played on the jumbothron brought tears to my eyes, and then the lackluster play by our defense in the last minute of the game just about made me a weeping maniac!! Sometimes I think I am getting to old for this kind of disappointment!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #10
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Does anyone else find it ironic...

that on the day many Oilers were being honored or recognized, we lose a game after being up by 21 points.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #11
bigtex77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
that on the day many Oilers were being honored or recognized, we lose a game after being up by 21 points.
You are bringing up SO many bad memories, past and present, that I would like to forget.
Old 11-27-2005   #12
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Trust me, I want to forget them too but man it happened. I don't know.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #13
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 22174 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

The blame goes to the eleven men on defense who allowed us to blow a 21 point lead. Probably the current coaches also did a poor job as well. Up 10 in less than a minute, many fans headed home happy, and wow, wonder what they thought when they turned on the radio.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

Remember when the Oilers blew a 32-3 lead (something like that)?

Remember when the Oilers lost to Montana and the Chiefs?

Remember when the Rockets got slaughtered in game 7 last year?

Remember the Astros in the World Series?

Remember when the Steelers stole the AFC Championship?

Remember....I'll think of more later. Those are real easy ones. Please come back and check...
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #15
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
heh-heh, that's funny...we were chuckling about some weird karmic synergy with the 'dome just next door and many of the players from the choke team in the crowd (even saw some baby blue Warren Moon jerseys in the crowd). Interesting to see us blow a 21 point lead at the same game we celebrate some of those dudes.

Not that I'm superstitious or anything...
Could this be the curse of the Bambino??????

bobby 119C:brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #16
touttail
All Pro

I saw the Buffalo comeback, but I don't give a damn, what team you are, where you are, and what you are about-------You don't give up a 10 point lead with 34 seconds left in the game----PERIOD!

:brickwall
bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #17
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
Could this be the curse of the Bambino??????

bobby 119C:brickwall
You've gotta name it something else. B/c whatever this is has plagued Houston teams for a looooong time. Well, except for the Comets in their 1st 4seasons.
Old 11-28-2005   #18
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 11712 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Curse of the Columbia Adams.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read