Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-27-2005   #1
God of Wine

Default Irvin and drugs again????

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Quote:
PLANO, Texas (AP) -- Former Dallas Cowboys receiver Michael Irvin was charged with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia after police searched his vehicle during a traffic stop, Plano police said Sunday.

Irvin, an ESPN analyst and semifinalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, was arrested on an outstanding warrant for speeding in Irving after being pulled over Friday afternoon for speeding in Plano, the Plano Police Department said. Police spokesman Mike Johnson said he didn't know what kind of paraphernalia was found.
Old 11-27-2005   #2
Boxscore
All Pro

yes, I just read this also.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DAL/9065640
Old 11-27-2005   #3
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 22174 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder what was the paraphernalia?
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #4
God of Wine

Do you think this will keep Irvin from being inducted to the Hall of Fame?
Old 11-27-2005   #5
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 22174 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by God of Wine
Do you think this will keep Irvin from being inducted to the Hall of Fame?
Depends on the outcome. However, I don't believe that Irvin would have gone in this year anyway.
Old 11-27-2005   #6
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I would think if this amounts to anything and is a drug issue Michael will lose his cushy ESPN job.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #7
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
I would think if this amounts to anything and is a drug issue Michael will lose his cushy ESPN job.
Absolutely.
Sponsored links
Old 11-27-2005   #8
bigcarlos
Veteran

probably a pipe
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #9
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Back to Fox Sports he goes.
TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #10
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

The news clip said it was a misdemeanor charge. So I guess no drugs were found. I'm totally clueless about this type of stuff.
Old 11-27-2005   #11
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

he probably got caught with a pipe or roaches in the ashtray
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #12
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb
he probably got caught with a pipe or roaches in the ashtray
Are roaches paraphernalia?
Old 11-27-2005   #13
Boxscore
All Pro

Maybe he just got caught with some rolling papers to roll some cigarettes.
Old 11-27-2005   #14
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

no, roaches are insects. I guess he gets to re-create all his scenes from the longest yard.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #15
WWJD
Hall of Fame

He's the bonehead of the year if he's caught with anything drug related. I like Michael; I appreciate what he did while playing and he has the world by the tail. Nice family, great job, fame, fortune. I just don't understand the pull of the drug culture but it sure destroys people's lives.
Old 11-27-2005   #16
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMBH
Are roaches paraphernalia?
My cousin was caught with roaches back in high school and he was charged with drug paraphernalia
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #17
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

I love the Cowboys and am sorry this happened, but at the same time, this may explain a lot of the *****ic statements coming out of Irvin's mouth during the Terrell Owens affair.
CowboysTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #18
WWJD
Hall of Fame

I've been reading things online, DMN stuff and just in reading between the lines I would NOT be surprised if Jerry doesn't sign Terrell. I just have that funny feeling from hearing some things he's said that he's intrigued by the possibility. I don't know what Bill might think about it but I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see a contrite Terrell having a news conference one day with Jerry. I don't think Jerry would care if that would set well with the fans or not.

Michael has always said sort of stupid things...to me he's not very well spoken but I guess his football experiences warrant the ESPN job. In the case of Terrell I think he's just backing a friend.
Old 11-28-2005   #19
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 11 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED
Back to Fox Sports he goes.
If I'm not mistaken (and I definitely could be on this one), he was out of broadcasting for a couple of years the last time he was caught with drugs.

Fox Sports may not even take him now.

Looks like his career is going down with a

I think he's going to start preaching on late night TV with MC Hammer and the old lady with blue hair!
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and believing his story about helping a friend in rehab. He even named a reverend and a particular faith-based treatment program here in Houston on the Dan Patrick Show today, so I'm not sure how far he would want to take a falsehood. Besides, who are we to say he's lying? (I'm not a Cowboy or Irvin fan...I've only started enjoying his personality and analysis since he became a media dude)

I've never judged people by their addictions anyway. I judge people by what they DO on those addictions.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read