Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-27-2005   #1
texansfan1974
Veteran

Default Keep losing please

There is no reason to win now. We can get REGGIE BUSH people.this is good news. Im a fan of our Texans, but might as well take the #1 pick.
texansfan1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #2
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Im not at all sold on Bush. I would rather get an O-line and a TRUE ILB and a safety.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #3
texansfan1974
Veteran

Take Reggie and trade DD for a 2nd or maybe even a 1st to get a good lineman.
Old 11-27-2005   #4
Snapple
Veteran

What good is a RB without an O-line?

Besides, RBs are always in danger of getting injured. Bush is hardly a guaranteed success. I don't want to blow a chance at a sure-thing great O-lineman like Ferguson because we took the next Ki-Jana Carter instead.

EDIT: We are not going to get a first round pick for DD... wishful thinking there.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #5
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

The only point is that there are a few good OT in this draft, and you could take Reggie, trade DD and get one of the 5 top OT in this draft.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #6
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Reggie Bush? REGGIE BUSH?! (in Jim Mora's voice).

With some people, I guess it's the Detriot Lions way of doing things: "Hey! Let's get stud WR or stud RB or stud QB and we'll be unstoppable."

Not working out too well for Dee-Troit.

I can't believe that after seeing Carr, DD, and AJ finally click on all cylinders today, with an o line that I think only gave up one sack all day, that there would be some people who are still going to ask for Reggie Bush.

For me, it's either the biggest baddest o lineman (probably D'Brickashaw Ferguson) or it's the biggest baddest defensive player (AJ Hawk, no doubt).

Getting a stud offensive WR/QB/RB (pick whichever you may) is in no shape or fashion going to help this team get better.

We're all stocked up on high-paid QB/WR/RB. If I were spending those millions and millions on a top draft pick, I'm going with either o line or defense, especially at the LB spot where we are so very thin at and always have been.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #7
texansfan1974
Veteran

I like Brickshaw and Hawk and I would be happy with either of them but, a bust can be a lineman or a linebacker (Bosworth) as well as runnig back. Your takin a chance on any pick. Reggie is that kind of back only comes once and awhile(Barry Sanders).
Sponsored links
Old 11-27-2005   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144827 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I too have Nick Saban Diesase ..... 1-15 please

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #9
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125

Our Linebacker situation is not as bad as you think, remember Wong is hurt so he'll be back next year, were ok linebacker wise, we need O-line, another playmaker wouldn't be bad (i.e. Bush) secondary needs help. We can patch it together.
Old 11-27-2005   #10
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
Getting a stud offensive WR/QB/RB (pick whichever you may) is in no shape or fashion going to help this team get better.

We're all stocked up on high-paid QB/WR/RB. If I were spending those millions and millions on a top draft pick, I'm going with either o line or defense, especially at the LB spot where we are so very thin at and always have been.
True. O-line has needed some upgrading for far too long.
Old 11-27-2005   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, and Desmond Howard was the next Jerry Rice.

So much hype all year, and he even won the Heisman to top it all off.

He was the messiah.

And now he's...(fart noise, sustained for a long period of time)...nothing.

We need utility players, not flashy dashy one-hit wonders.

Look at Steelers: Ugly picks that just get in the trenches and do their jobs well, and on a consistent basis, helping the few star players rack up the wins.

Look at the Patriots: Same thing as the Steelers.

Those two teams are perrenial favorites for a singular reason: They make the ugly pick in the draft, knowing they already have enough star quality.

Give me a workhorse that doesn't get his name called or his face on the covers of magazines. Give me a utility player that just gets it done with no razzle dazzle.

Reggie's a talent, don't get me wrong. But we would be pulling a Dee-Troit if we go with the sexy pick. Logan Mankins is STARTING for the Patriots, who had the last pick in the draft...a great pick, and we could have had him. Oh, I know...I know...it's always easy to look back and make that pick.

And you are right. The only problem is this: An NFL team looked FORWARD and made that pick with the last pick of the first round.

I know it's shocking. I know. But I promise all of you that we can make the ugly pick (D'Brickashaw or Hawk) and come out a whole lot better off in the long-run without drafting the sexy Reggie Bush.
Old 11-27-2005   #12
yaboycm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan1974
There is no reason to win now. We can get REGGIE BUSH people.this is good news. Im a fan of our Texans, but might as well take the #1 pick.
Speak the truth dude!!!!

This loss was awesome. We didn't want some meaningless win against the Rams to prevent us from drafting Bush.
Old 11-27-2005   #13
htsone
Rookie

Default No Problem!

Do you really think that these morons are gonna stop losing? Is that a problem? These guys are utterly pathetic. As far as Bush? Heck yeah they draft him. DD will make good trade fodder for an OT/OG. Plus one FA, and you're in there.

hts
htsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #14
Honch Delgado
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan1974
I like Brickshaw and Hawk and I would be happy with either of them but, a bust can be a lineman or a linebacker (Bosworth) as well as runnig back. Your takin a chance on any pick. Reggie is that kind of back only comes once and awhile(Barry Sanders).
Tony Mandarich vs Barry Sanders anyone?
Honch Delgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Wait a second!

You're the same person that had LEINART 06 as your signature.

Now, it's BUSH.

You hopped off that Leinart bandwagon pretty quick.

I guess when Bush began to get all the coverage and the hype, and it drifted away from Leinart, you decided to dance with a different partner.

That's the whole thing about the Reggie Bush backers. So much of it is an attempt to look smart, as if the obvious pick is Reggie Bush, and so because it "looks" like he's going to be the top pick, and it "looks" like the Texans will have the top pick, then by golly it's the smart thing to do and if the Texans don;t do it then you are smart and the Texans are not.

So much of this Reggie Bush politics that's going on right now is just a pure sham. Yes, he's talented. Yes, he will be successful in the NFL. And yes, he'll probably be successful immediately. But no, he's not the primary need of this team. And no, he doesn't play defense. And no, he doesn't keep NFL-sized defensive linemen off your QBs back.

Had the o line and Carr, and his receivers too, jelled all year like they did today...we'd be a whole lot better. Well, we have the chance to get a stud o lineman who can be that o line anchor on the QB's blindside...and all we hear is how Reggie Bush is the savior of the team.

He'll be the savior of some team that has a great o line and needs a star RB, but he won't be the savior of THIS team.

Sexy pick, but he stinks at doing laundry and cooking meals.
Old 11-27-2005   #16
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

I guess we can't win either way. If we want anyone besides Brick, we don't want what's best for the team and we're 'Bush-backers. If we say anything critical of Carr, we're "Carr-bashers." Why in the world, can I not want Reggie Bush for MY football team? It's my team, and for MY team, I want the home run threat. That's MY style of play preference for MY football team. Next thing, we get knocked because we didn't follow Bush in high-school. How in the world can anyone know enough about Brick to say he's our guy? He's been injured the whole season, had a bad game on TV the other day and I don't really think he has a website with his gamefilm for people to breakdown. So to say that we're *****s for wanting Bush but that everyone else has SO MUCH KNOWLEDGE on Brick is ridiculous!!

Has anyone watched Pitts play? How can you say that Brick is now our only choice? Weird!

Also, Kijana Carter = Reggie Bush? You blow your argument with those cracks. I like Dom but he's going to miss 3-4 games a year anyway and this draft is 8 deep at TACKLE alone!

Reggie Bush takes screens to the house? Dom is a nice little player and good to have on a team but his 4.65, chop feet style is fairly easy to replace. Also, I really like the Brick but Ferguson is in NO WAY an Ogden type lock. He may indeed become a GREAT TACKLE but to say that Bush is Kijana is just not intelligent.

Brick may become Pace
Bush may become Faulk

Looks to be a matter of preference. Either way, we certainly don't need to win anymore freaking games! This year, if you're not in the top 4 (Brick, Leinart, Bush, Hawk) well, you're not in good shape for trading down!

Last edited by DRAMA; 11-27-2005 at 05:28 PM.
DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #17
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Does'nt Bush have to declare he's coming out first ? The use of a third on Morency makes it a little harder to take Bush . Thats even funnier since Wells plays more than he does .

Anyone who doubts that Bush is a special talent is not watching what I am . I don't know if I watched a more dominant all around game than the Fresno State game . He 's the most dangerous open field player player thats come around in awhile .
Old 11-27-2005   #18
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34
Anyone who doubts that Bush is a special talent is not watching what I am . I don't know if I watched a more dominant all around game than the Fresno State game . He 's the most dangerous open field player player thats come around in awhile .
I agree but I guess that makes me a Texan-hater, Carr-hater, Brick-hater Bush loving fanboy!
DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Not questioning the talent, just questioning the fit into what we have.

Without imploding this team, I don't see how we bring in a guy who will want the same ball as AJ and DD. And with all DD has done, in spite of our team's overall ugliness, I don't see how you pass up Ferguson and/or Hawk for something you already have.

We don't have a stud o lineman. We don't have a stud LB.

What is wrong with the ugly pick? Why does it the pick have to be the "obvious" candidate?

Tell that Tom Brady. Tell that to just about the majority of all NFL high-caliber talent who most likely didn't get drafted at #1 or #2 or #3, or even in the first round for that matter.
Old 11-27-2005   #20
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
Reggie's a talent, don't get me wrong. But we would be pulling a Dee-Troit if we go with the sexy pick. Logan Mankins is STARTING for the Patriots, who had the last pick in the draft...a great pick, and we could have had him. Oh, I know...I know...it's always easy to look back and make that pick.
Oh, there were a lot of us around here knowing how he had protected Carr at Fresno State. But then Vinny was of the opinion he wouldn't help us even though we went on and on about his capablilities and his mean streak. There are a couple of senior O-linemen on the FSU team this year, but I doubt we take a look at them. They are silently good and you probably won't hear much about them. This is the end result of year two when Capers lost his aged defense to injuries and we have not recovered since that time. Most of you don't believe that, but that is the reality of what happened to this ball club. The Captain (Capers) had a ship, but it was sinking and there were no life boats available for the defensive crew.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read