Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-27-2005   #1
skuter
Rookie

Default I Was Relieved

i am with charlie palillo(espn 790). we have nothing to gain by winning at this point. we need to start looking toward the 1st pick in the 2006 nfl draft. The Houston Texans have the 1st pick in this year's draft. The Houston Texans are now on the clock.:brickwall
skuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

5 more losses left.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #3
texansfan1974
Veteran

I agree. I love to see them do well but we have a real shot to get a very special player in Reggie Bush. He can and will turn this team into winners. He alone can open up the passing game for Carr and Johnson. They gave us a good show and something to talk about.
texansfan1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #4
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

i gotta agree with you guys i was pissed that we almost won this game we have been sucking all year long to blow it on a meaningless win.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #5
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

well said
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #6
BringItOn
Rookie

No one player can turn around a whole team and three Reggie Bushes wouldn't fix this defense.
BringItOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #7
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, I am glad we lost. I actually chuckled at the whole debacle.

Like JJ said at halftime on the Fox Halftime show: "What are you doing?! rest Carr. Rest AJ. Get them on the bench! You're going to blow your chance!"

And he was dead-dog serious, too. Funny but true.

I disagree with drafting Bush. Great talent, no doubt about it. But it's unfortunate that we have greater needs elsewhere.

Long-term future dictates we make the ugly pick.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-27-2005   #8
htownhitman
Rookie

Default Pride?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
Yes, I am glad we lost. I actually chuckled at the whole debacle.
I guess pride doesn't mean much to you? Are you glad that we are the laughing stock of the league? Are you glad that this sorry pitiful disgusting group of losers represents our city? Are you glad that every additional loss discourages free agents (at least those who value winning more than $) from signing with the team?

Sorry to take it out on you. You're not the only one. There's a large number of posters advocating throwing the rest of the games. But I find the sentiment appalling....
htownhitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #9
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan1974
I agree. I love to see them do well but we have a real shot to get a very special player in Reggie Bush. He can and will turn this team into winners. He alone can open up the passing game for Carr and Johnson. They gave us a good show and something to talk about.
I don't see Bush being a one man super hero getting this team out of it's funk. We need a total coaching change from top to bottom! This team has some talented players that this coaching staff is destroying. They will do Bush the same way.

bobby 119C:brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
I don't see Bush being a one man super hero getting this team out of it's funk. We need a total coaching change from top to bottom! This team has some talented players that this coaching staff is destroying. They will do Bush the same way.

bobby 119C:brickwall
I agree... players need a shot of confidence and no matter what our present coaching staff does it won't work ... we are getting a new coachining staff.
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #11
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

You need to be very careful with the title of this tread. I'm not certain how to take it?
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #12
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Their not playing for this year anymore their playing for a job next year . Hopefully Bob's got a guy making a list and it ain't Santa .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #13
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95473 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
You need to be very careful with the title of this tread. I'm not certain how to take it?
I can only tell you how I was feeling. It was like, "Oh dang, they can move the ball and score against the NFL's 2nd worst defense". BFD! A totally meaningless win against a struggling team that will do nothing future-wise, considering all the changes that will be taking place in the offseason.

Learn to recognize and accept a blessing in disguise.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #14
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Thats a defense with its secondary out .
Even if we win so what , the best way to get back on track is to have the #1 pick and trade down or take who you deem to be the best player and hopefully your right .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #15
texplayer2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976

I disagree with drafting Bush. Great talent, no doubt about it. But it's unfortunate that we have greater needs elsewhere.

Long-term future dictates we make the ugly pick.
All teams that pick at the top of the draft have lots of needs.
texplayer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #16
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

What a relief. when I saw them up by so much I thought "Here goes a meaningless win". Were still on track.
Old 11-27-2005   #17
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 70160 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

That's pathetic. Palillo an i d i o t anyway, and any FAN of this team that is relieved that we lost this game is right there with him.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #18
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is crazy! Even if we win a game or two-we still are at the bottom of the nfl - and you folks are proponants of losing games on purpose? Let us not go off the deep end here. There are lots of answers as to what ails this team - and a new coaching staff is #1 - but quitting isn't an option...now or ever...for anyone. Just my opinion, of course.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
we have nothing to gain by winning at this point.
No way! LOSING SUCKS!!!!

There is nothing comforting about losing. Silver linings are for after the fact, but NEVER will I hope my team loses.
Old 11-27-2005   #20
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

i had to change my signature again :brickwall

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read