Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Does a Coach get fired this week?
Yes 57 52.29%
No 52 47.71%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2005   #1
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

Default Does a coach get fired this week?

After the embarressing OT loss to the Rams and the Embarressing loss to the Chiefs, will we lose Fangio or Capers?

The only reason we dont is because chances are we are going to spend money on a coach and no one is really available right now.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #2
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Nope it wont make a statement the whole coaching staff should of been fired after the seatle game.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #3
Texas_Heat
Veteran

They will all be back next year.
Greatest Metal Bands: #1 VENOM # 2 SLAYER.
Texas_Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #4
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I think that Capers will have a job for the rest of the season, but once that game against the Niners is over, bye bye Dom.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #5
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Heat
They will all be back next year.
God help us!

Amen
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #6
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84705 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the coaching staff is being fired as I type this. It does no good to keep them around. Just name an interrim head coach and play for the first round pick.
This coaching staff has to be the worst in the NFL.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #7
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Unfortunately No, Ownership is waiting til the end of the season. It will save paper to issue on pink slip for the whole staff, instead Firing them one at a time.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-27-2005   #8
God of Wine

Fire them. Let my Monday be filled with joy!
Old 11-27-2005   #9
Scott747
Rookie

We would be better off by just scripting 100 plays on offense and running the same defense the whole game.

This crap about keeping Capers and crew on for the rest of the season is tiring.

You thought the stadium was empty today. They might as well pretend as if they are the Saints and play somewhere else, as they would stand a better chance of filling the seats.
Scott747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #10
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Ya know, I was in the "keep 'em till the end of the season and then dump ALL of them" crowd until today. This was an absolute gag of colossal proportions. The team looked better than it had in a year until halftime, and then suddenly spit the bit against a team sporting the following:

1) Acting head coach
2) Team infighting
3) Multiple new defensive starters
4) A THIRD-STRING quarterback

I am beyond disgusted at this point. Dump 'em. NOW.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #11
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

all i have to say is i've been the biggest homer on this board, but i'm done with them all Casserly too, but he will probably weasel a couple more years out of this.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #12
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Might as well bring in a new staff
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #13
God of Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquescas
all i have to say is i've been the biggest homer on this board, but i'm done with them all Casserly too, but he will probably weasel a couple more years out of this.

I hope not!!!!!!!! He is the main problem in this organization.
Old 11-27-2005   #14
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

A coach has to be fired.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #15
oldtexan
Rookie

If anyone goes to another game this year, they are very stupid. Keep the stadium empty until they put a "Real" team on the field. I still think I must have been dreaming. Who can loose a game with a ten point lead and a few seconds to play? Answer: of course, the Texans, the only team that could,
oldtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #16
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84705 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

We forgot to mention that the 3rd string QB from the football powerhouse Harvard was making his very first NFL start.

We are among the "Them"
Old 11-27-2005   #17
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Casserly definitely needs to go as well. I don't know if it's more Casserly or Capers, but they've both run this franchise into the ground.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #18
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Answer: of course, the Texans, the only team that could
Wrong, I remember a team called the Oilers that could have pulled off that feat also Maybe Houston is just a Jinxed town or something? I don't know but for more than 40yrs, I've witnessed this pain, and I keep coming back, maybe I need to be shot or put out to pasture. Pittsburgh had a sign at their city limits at one time that said "City of Champions"....Houstons reads "City of Chokers"
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #19
gwallaia

The Texans sure Oilered this game today.
Ahhh, what great memories.

We are among the "Them"
Old 11-27-2005   #20
barzilla
Veteran

It's almost as if the coaching staff listened to the players' complaints and came up with a more aggressive game plan. If we used the same game plan we would have lost 35-7. So, which is worse? Getting your doors blown off or blowing a lead?
barzilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read