Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-27-2005   #1
God of Wine

Default Jimmy Johnson on Reggie Bush

On the pre-game show he mentioned JACKSONVILLE would be the best place for Reggie Bush with Byron Leftwich. Did I miss something??? Do they have a high draft pick??
Old 11-27-2005   #2
Peldon
All Pro

Rep Power: 34 Peldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respected

He just said that he would love to see him there. But he also said he thinks the Texans will win the Reggie Bush Sweepstakes and that he loves Bush as a player.
Peldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #3
uhcougar08
SHSUKATS08

Default Jimmy Johnson's comments

Why in the world is he so enthusiastic about the Texans getting Reggie Bush?

He was really passionate about McNair benching DC and AJ for the rest of the season so we could get Bush. Why is he so interested in this?

Anyone else curious about this too?
Old 11-27-2005   #4
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

no.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #5
CyberTexan
Veteran

because hopefully he will be our next head coach LOL

I agree with him though I love my texans but dont want to win anymore this season , I know that sounds bad but its time to look to next season
CyberTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #6
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I guess we know who he wants if he is the head coach.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

hey if it the guys like Jimmy Johnson,Terry Bradshaw etc,etc just reported the highlights and not throw in some controversy ..it would be boring and noone would watch..

I would think JJ would whip this team into shape and be good with all the youngsters here, yet I am thinking he has a good job getting paid good money to be on fox.. I would be suprised if he left fox ..
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-27-2005   #8
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberTexan
because hopefully he will be our next head coach LOL

I agree with him though I love my texans but dont want to win anymore this season , I know that sounds bad but its time to look to next season

well said and i agree
Ryan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #9
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

His comments and his enthusiasm when saying them makes me wonder what is up. It made me think he may have the job and wants McNair to intervene and make them just play out the season so he can get bush. Definately interesting.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #10
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I think it was pretty funny. Basically he was saying "What are you doing? You are ruining my team".
Old 11-27-2005   #11
CyberTexan
Veteran

maybe Jimmy will put in a phone call to McNair to ask him to tank the game LOL
CyberTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #12
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Can't you just see McNair running down to the locker room during half time whispering into Dom's ear that Jimmy wants us to bench our stars so he can get Reggie.
Old 11-27-2005   #13
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I'm not going to argue with a talent evaluator like Jimmy Johnson.
Old 11-27-2005   #14
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i did find it a bit curious that he seemed adamant about bush with the top pick. what stood out to me though is look who said it. the guy that found someone willing to give up a ton of picks for one player so that he could build up a team.
Old 11-27-2005   #15
uhcougar08
SHSUKATS08

He was so excited, is was really weird, like it was his pick or something.
Old 11-27-2005   #16
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope JJ comes here. I didn't really think he would but after his halftime comments I think the possability is good. He showed way too much conviction in his comments. Even Howie was taken by surprise.
Old 11-27-2005   #17
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhcougar08
Why in the world is he so enthusiastic about the Texans getting Reggie Bush?
He was really passionate about McNair benching DC and AJ for the rest of the season so we could get Bush. Why is he so interested in this?
Anyone else curious about this too?
Johnson was being sarcastic. He was mocking Sabin (Miami HC), who said
basically earlier this week that this season was meaningless for the 'Phins - future seasons is what its all about. And Johnson is a FLA guy, that's probably why he thinks Bush would be good playing for the Jags. TB & Miami already have young RBs (the guys from Auburn).
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #18
bckey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Johnson was being sarcastic. He was mocking Sabin (Miami HC), who said
basically earlier this week that this season was meaningless for the 'Phins - future seasons is what its all about. And Johnson is a FLA guy, that's probably why he thinks Bush would be good playing for the Jags. TB & Miami already have young RBs (the guys from Auburn).

Huh?
Old 11-27-2005   #19
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 89864 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
Can't you just see McNair running down to the locker room during half time whispering into Dom's ear that Jimmy wants us to bench our stars so he can get Reggie.
Stars? I dont see no darn stars? Our team managed to blow it with our "stars" in the game.
Old 11-28-2005   #20
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Johnson might be somewhat of a "Florida guy", however you should not overlook the fact that his hometown is Port Arthur, Texas.

JJ also made some comment that made me think he wants to be coaching again. Most of those guys have coaching in their blood and prefer coaching over TV jobs no matter what they say publically. Just look at Parcells, how many times did he say he was done coaching? I can think of a ton more. I don't know who JJ will be coaching next but I am pretty confident he will be coaching somewhere soon.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read