Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-27-2005   #1
Tex-fan0604
Rookie

Default Who's our next coach?

Who should be our next head coach.Do yall think we have a chance at J.J.
Tex-fan0604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #2
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

JJ Hopefully but ill settle for Pete Carroll
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't mind Jeff Fisher if Bud decided that was enough of him.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #4
texplayer2
Veteran

Pat Hill "Anywhere, Anytime, Anyplace" We need an attitude like that. Might jell well with our QB.
texplayer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165633 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Zombie Vince Lombardi gets my vote.

Seriously my "wish" pick is Jimmy Johnson but bigTEXan8 is almost correct when he says it's not going to be. I disagree but I think it's extremely unlikely that we get him as opposed to "flat out not gonna happen" I never believe a coach when he says that he's not interested in coaching. John Madden is the exception, not the rule. If JJ won't come here it's probably not because he's too comfortable on his boat and working in the studio. It's because he doesn't want the Texans job, simple as that.

It could also mean that Bob McNair hadn't asked him which is something a lot of us (myself included) seem to overlook. Bob just may not want Jimmy Johnson here. He may like him, think he's a nice guy and a good coach, and he may just think he's not a good fit here.

Plus if Dom is gone but Casserly survives then Charlie will have input on the hiring process (I'm sure) and he won't want someone like Jimmy Johnson getting into a position that could lead to Casserly going out the door. The power struggle angle has to be considered.

My realistic choice for head coach is... I just don't know. I have some criteria at this point but no candidates. I know that if they pick a former NFL head coach I think the words "proven winner" need to be involved. A "proven loser" we already have. I also think that if they can't find someone who's done it and who they feel good about then I want them to disregard retreads and look to younger assistants around the league.
Old 11-27-2005   #6
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Here are a few:

Gary Kubiak (Denver OC)
Cam Cameron (San Diego OC)
Jerry Gray (Buffalo DC)
Kirk Ferentz (Iowa)
Al Saunders (Kansas City OC)
Jimmy Johnson (broadcasting)
Pete Carroll (USC)
Jim Johnson (Philadelphia DC)
Monte Kiffin (Tampa Bay DC)
Jim Fassel (Baltimore OC)
Mike Singletary (San Francisco Asst HC)
Jeff Tedford (Cal)
Dick Lebeau (Pittsburgh DC)
Mark Richt (Georgia)
Frank Beamer (Virginia Tech)
Wade Phillips (San Diego DC)
Tom Moore (Indianapolis OC)
Bob Stoopes (Oklahoma)
Charlie Weis (Notre Dame)
Mike Zimmer (Dallas DC)
Greg Knapp (Atlanta OC)
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #7
HeartofHouston
Veteran

i would love to see Jimmy Johnson as our HC.. but lets be realistic it's not gonna happen.. JJ is living the sweet life right now.. he's one of the most respect figures in sports and he can just relax.. but if he does.. hey.. I'm all for it..

but I would love to see..

Tom Moore (OC - Indianapolis)
Jerry Gray (DC - Buffalo)
Monte Kiffin (DC - Tampa Bay)
Mike Zimmer (DC - Dallas)
Greg Kubiak (OC - Denver)
Al Saunders (OC - Kansas City)
Mike Singletary
HeartofHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-27-2005   #8
CyberTexan
Veteran

I would like to see Jimmy Johnson but would settle for Wade Phillips
CyberTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #9
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

how about an old faithful, lets bring Matt Stevens in to coach.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #10
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

We might as well can the coaching staff today. What more can they do to drive this team into the ground.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #11
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Surely this is the last straw for Capers and staff. I cannot possibly see them having a job tomorrow morning.

We are among the "Them"
Old 11-27-2005   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

http://bigred2.athletics.cornell.edu...s/heimlich.htm

our new coach
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #13
texan61
Rookie

Maybe Mike Singletary can bring these guys to glory because he can't do any worse.
texan61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #14
oldtexan
Rookie

I agree, If capers and the entire staff are not fired immediately, the owner is stupid. I think if I was the owner, I would fire the entire team, they all suck. They should all return their paychecks for the entire year, they sure do not deserve them. Noone but the Texans could loose a game like that. Sad, real Sad.
oldtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #15
texan61
Rookie

What are any of your thoughts on Jerry Gray
texan61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #16
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 18 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan61
What are any of your thoughts on Jerry Gray

I like Gray, but I don't think they will go with another defensive minded coach after the lack luster performance of the offfense this season.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #17
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Ive been a fan of Gary Kubiak for quite a while. If he is good enough for John Elway to listen to.......
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #18
gwallaia

"Obviously we're disappointed with the way the game turned out," head coach Dom Capers said. "We just did not execute at crunch time.

My God. Please fire Capers now.

We are among the "Them"
Old 11-27-2005   #19
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man
I like Gray, but I don't think they will go with another defensive minded coach after the lack luster performance of the offfense this season.

Pete!!!!

I don't think he'll come though.
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #20
angeltexus
Rookie

Anyone watching Fox this morining heard it. When asked to JJ who he taught would end up with the first pick (Reggie Bush) he replied Houston. When asked who would end up with Bush on their team he did not mention Houston. One has to wonder, if JJ comes to Houston he plans to not have Bush on this team and he did mention other teams trading to move up for Bush. I like the man already..
angeltexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read