Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-27-2005   #21
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Does anyone have any legitimate complanits about Carr's performance today? Any bad throws, reads, or such? And we still lost go figure? This is a team game, its not just the o-line or the qb, even the entire offense, the WHOLE TEAM must perfomre for us to win, that, yet again, did not happen...
Old 11-27-2005   #22
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run
I think Napa would still ***** about him...

i think David had a great first half.but then something happen playcalling or getting to COMFTERBLE with a lead more of a coaching problem IMO david definitely had his best game statistically speaking for the year now if david could only do this all year we would all be happy campers right?
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #23
Nighthawk
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
Carr did everything he could that game, and the offense stepped up this game. As usual, including D-Rob, they laid down, like good dogs.
Yep. Carr was especially powerful in the overtime session. And, oh! I forgot, in the 4th quarter, too! And, oh yeah, in the 3rd quarter he was surprisingly effective. Was there an interception that gave points to the other team? Did he screw up a third down play in overtime? And did he look, for most of the second half, like the Daid Carr we are used to seeing? I can't remember. Probably he looked great. Probably he was Johnny-Freaking-Unitas out there today. Yeah, that's it, that's the ticket. One half of pretty good play for 3/4 of a season. Yeah! Pay the man his 8 million!
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #24
oldtexan
Rookie

In Carrs defense, although I still do not think he is a NFL caliber QB, the play calling starting the 3rd Quarter was a little conservative. It was like they got comfortable with the lead and was playing not to loose. They realize now you cannot do that and the first to go should be the Offensive Coordinator with the others right behind him. I stll think I must have fallen asleep and was dreaming, please tell me I was.
oldtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #25
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well all I can say is the Rams got beat by the Cardinals at home last week .
For you Carr guys heres a question , who had the better game Carr or Fitzpatrick the Harvard grad ?

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #26
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Who made the plays ... when the game counted ? Who's team won the game ? Did Carr have the ball first in OT I don't recall ?

Round Dan
Old 11-27-2005   #27
Dubya
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34
Who made the plays ... when the game counted ? Who's team won the game ? Did Carr have the ball first in OT I don't recall ?
You can't blame David Carr for the Texans playing piss-poor defense in the second half.
Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-27-2005   #28
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Fitzpatrick 310 yds 3 TDs and Carr 290 yds and 3 TDs .
This no different than the Bills vs Oilers game . You have to play the whole game not a half .

What happened .... Carr checked the roster and realized he had Andre Johnson .

Round Dan

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 11-27-2005 at 05:55 PM.
Old 11-27-2005   #29
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

First of all, Carr was great today. He looked off receivers. He actually avoided going to the dump down to DD and threw to a WR instead. So, he's taking the coaching as Gary Walker requested.

Second of all, for the first time it looked as though the entire offense--from the o line, to the QB, the RB, and the WRs--got their act together and were actually having fun out there for a change. The offensive playcalling was som much better than the past three months. Overall, the entire offense did great.

Thirdly, Kris Brown missed the kick because of a bad snap that had to be pulled down and wasn't set very well. Not all of it is on his shoulders.

Fourthly, Coleman pretty much lost this game all on his own. Coughing up the ball after securing a great interception was a ROOKIE mistake. He let WRs get by him all day, as well as all season by the way, and he just looks like he's in a stupor out there. Oh, and I almost forgot his inability to secure the catch on the onside kick. Slight little detail there, guys...

Stop going through the motions with your Carr bashing. He deserved it for many of our previous games, but this loss was in no way on Carr.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #30
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

First of all, Carr was great today. He looked off receivers. He actually avoided going to the dump down to DD and threw to a WR instead. So, he's taking the coaching as Gary Walker requested.

Second of all, for the first time it looked as though the entire offense--from the o line, to the QB, the RB, and the WRs--got their act together and were actually having fun out there for a change. The offensive playcalling was som much better than the past three months. Overall, the entire offense did great.

Thirdly, Kris Brown missed the kick because of a bad snap that had to be pulled down and wasn't set very well. Not all of it is on his shoulders.

Fourthly, Coleman pretty much lost this game all on his own. Coughing up the ball after securing a great interception was a ROOKIE mistake. He let WRs get by him all day, as well as all season by the way, and he just looks like he's in a stupor out there. Oh, and I almost forgot his inability to secure the catch on the onside kick. Slight little detail there, guys...

Stop going through the motions with your Carr bashing. He deserved it for many of our previous games, but this loss was in no way on Carr.

And by the way: The holding call on our TE was what killed that drive, not Carr.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #31
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976

Yeah, I noticed that. He was listening to Pendry while the D was on the field.
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #32
Nighthawk
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
And by the way: The holding call on our TE was what killed that drive, not Carr.
If you're talking about the drive in overtime, Not So, My Little Hominy Grit! It were David Carr himself, on 3rd and 6, ducking under a "fierce" rush and gaining 1.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #33
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

The announcers got on him for that too ... old habits are hard to break .

Round Dan
Old 11-27-2005   #34
whitestar
Rookie

Default Oh Yea !!!!!!!

Get a 2 for him and 2 for DD Thank your lucky stars and move on.
whitestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #35
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk
Just wondering. I mean, could they shop him around to see what the market will bear? Is that possible? And if someone offered a second round choice would you take it? Just asking.
Heck no! Carr showed what he can do today. He isn't great, but he will suffice.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #36
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestar
Get a 2 for him and 2 for DD Thank your lucky stars and move on.
And prepare for some of the worst seasons you can ever think of.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #37
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo
And prepare for some of the worst seasons you can ever think of.

I dont think it can get any worse than this
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #38
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 50323 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Just no satisfying some people - first tag is to always tag the QB or the coach since they're the most visble easy targets.

To answer the question, no I would not trade Carr for a 2nd round (assuming that's what you meant as a #2) as what 2nd round player would replace a QB that would be so much better? tough question I think since we can't use hind sight and the draft is often a crap shoot, unless you have a large scouting department to cover all angles.... um... yeah.

For now, I'm aligning with the 2 year extension, look for some QB competition and / or QB to groom while we go through more two more years of Carr, a revised team's focus and players and a new coaching staff. The let's see what happens.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read