Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-25-2005   #1
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Lions' Mariucci Fired

As reported byESPN:

Quote:
After Thursday's 27-7 home loss to Atlanta on national television, the Detroit Lions' playoff hopes are finished. Now it appears their coach may be done too.

The Lions are in discussions that could lead to the firing of head coach Steve Mariucci possibly as early as Friday, according to reports in the Detroit Free Press and on WJBK-TV in Detroit. After two and a half disappointing years with Mariucci at the helm, the loss to the Falcons on Thanksgiving may have been the final straw.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005   #2
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he's a good coach. I think he'll be somebody's head coach next year.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005   #3
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully not ours.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005   #4
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Last report on Yahoo sports...Not happening.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005   #5
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

MOOCH IS NOT A GOOD COACH.
He is a media creation, he is all media hype.

#1 his offensive is the most conservative in the NFL, yes, I know who your coach is, and I say Mooch is double that

#2 He is a wuss

#3 He is stubborn

#4 He never plays his best players in favor of "his" guys, who always suck

#5 He is a wuss

#6 He is a wuss

#7 He runs the same 20 plays all game long.

#8 even with the defense 8 in the box, he still calls 5 yard curl routes.

#9 He is such a freaking wuss

#10 He for some reason hates the following players

Kevin Jones
Roy Williams
Charles Rogers
Mike Williams
Scotty Vines the #1 WR on the team that the ***** cut durring the season
Corey Schelsinger
Casey Fitsimmons
Joey Harrington (hates him the most)
Torrance Holt
Donte Curry
Keith Smith
Stanley Wilson

He Loves

Shawn Bryson
Artose Pinner
Paul Smith
Glenn Martinez
Brock Marion
Bracey Walker
RW McQuarters
Jeff Garcia
James Davis
(all of these guys aren't any good, I do respect Garcia's efforts though)
All these guys get more playing time because they are "Moochies"

He is the single worst coach I have ever seen for the Lions
And no Lions coach has ever gone on to another NFL headcoaching job after leaving this team.

Mooch is so bad I wish Fontz, Ross, or Morningwiegh were still here.
Old 11-25-2005   #6
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll stick with what I said..he's a good coach and will get another job.
Old 11-25-2005   #7
God of Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey
Hopefully not ours.

Hopefully not!
Sponsored links
Old 11-25-2005   #8
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83762 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Im going to have to go with IHATEGEEKS on this one. As far as the detroits playcalling goes, he has the talent and speed at the wideout positions to go deep and strech the field and instead constantly throws slants. Streching the field should be a strength for his team, but instead he enables it to be. I have been relocated to Mich. so now I get to watch the lions. Joey H. biggest problem and the lions biggest problem is they can't sustain long drives on offense, but in Steve's system when your just throwing 5 yard slant passes, you have to be able to sustain a long and multiple play drive to score. Joey H. has had success throwing verticaly. Instead of coaching to his teams strengths he coaches to their weaknesses. I would hate to see steve coach this team next year. btw Scotty Vines is a gamer. I find it fitting that a guy that goes undrafted and cut outperforms 3 1st round picks. Im not knocking your receivers, I still think R. Williams is going to be a great player in this league. I think it has to do more with the system their playing in right now

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 11-25-2005 at 05:31 PM.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005   #9
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
I'll stick with what I said..he's a good coach and will get another job.
Stick by it all you want.

It is a fact , No Lions Head Coach has ever went on to a headcoach job in the NFL after leaving this team.
Mooch would be the first, and the least deserving out of a long list.

He gets alot of love from the national media and jockswinging from ESPN. Because he really is a nice guy.

And that is one of his biggest flaws.
Old 11-25-2005   #10
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihategeeks
Chill out. It's just my opinion.
Old 11-25-2005   #11
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Quote:
Chill out. It's just my opinion.
It was just Hitlers Opinion that the Jews should be removed from society.
When we stop holding people accoutable then we enable it the things they say.
I'm challenging your opinion for the future of the Jewish people.
Old 11-25-2005   #12
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You're being somewhat silly now so I'll bow out. It was my opinion. Why you bring up Hitler and the Jews only you know....
Old 11-25-2005   #13
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You're being somewhat silly now.
EXACTLY, always hold people accoutable for the stupid things they say.
I knew you had it in you.
Old 11-26-2005   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

At this time I am forced by Internet regulation number 41123, Section C, Paragraph 7 to inform you that with this post you have violated Godwin's Law. By generally accepted Usenet tradition (Applicable to all Internet Discussion per Amendment 24 of the Internet Discussion Charter) I must now declare that you have lost whatever argument or debate you were taking part in. It is over. You lose. You are wrong. The end.

Should you wish to file a protest over this ruling (Presumably using Guy's Corollary to Godwin's Law) then a hearing can be scheduled in the "No Football Talk Allowed" forum at your earliest convienience.

Thank You
Sincerely

The Moderators Council On Internet Hitler Reference and Nazi Comparisons.

Old 11-26-2005   #15
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Well Mooch does suck all you of are going to hate this but if it wasnt for T.O we wouldnt know who this Cat is but one thing i do respect about the Man.he has the Cajones to Pull his starting QB out of the Game when he is playing poorly something our current Coach is Scared of doing.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005   #16
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
At this time I am forced by Internet regulation number 41123, Section C, Paragraph 7 to inform you that with this post you have violated Godwin's Law. By generally accepted Usenet tradition (Applicable to all Internet Discussion per Amendment 24 of the Internet Discussion Charter) I must now declare that you have lost whatever argument or debate you were taking part in. It is over. You lose. You are wrong. The end.

Should you wish to file a protest over this ruling (Presumably using Guy's Corollary to Godwin's Law) then a hearing can be scheduled in the "No Football Talk Allowed" forum at your earliest convienience.

Thank You
Sincerely

The Moderators Council On Internet Hitler Reference and Nazi Comparisons.

You must have been an extra in Terry Gilliam's Brazil. Look out, obscure movie reference coming through.
Old 11-27-2005   #17
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
You must have been an extra in Terry Gilliam's Brazil. Look out, obscure movie reference coming through.
Not that obscure, it's in my top 10, and my list is ironclad.
Old 11-28-2005   #18
Texizgreat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Texizgreat Send a message via Yahoo to Texizgreat
Default Why Cant We......

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5117306

Fox sports reports that the lions fired Mooch......so why cant we fire capers???

:brickwall
Texizgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #19
billtxus
Rookie

Capers should be fired now, so they can start the evaluation for next year. Put an assitant in as interim, and play out the season letting everyone get some playing time including Ragone. No harm in letting more play so we can see what's there.
billtxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #20
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler
Default Lions FIRE Mariucci... Is Capers Next???

I can't believe the ax fell in mid season for Mariucci and some asst. coaches... Can Capers and company be far behind???

I am still trying to digest our loss Sunday to the Rams. More to come on that later...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read