Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

View Poll Results: Who would you rather have as the Franchise Quarterback of the Houston Texans?
Vince Young 17 35.42%
David Carr 31 64.58%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2005   #1
yaboycm
Veteran

Default Future Quarterback of the Houston Texas

With the minimal progress that we have seen from David Carr in the last 4 years and the immense progress that we have seen from Vince Young in 3 years of PLAYING in college I ask this question: Who would you rather have as the FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK of the HOUSTON TEXANS? David Carr or Vince Young? Vince has become a pass first, run second quarterback as opposed to when he was a run first, pass second quarterback as a Frosh. He is already Texas' all-time leader in total offense as a JUNIOR. Lead the Longhorns to a Rose Bowl birth. On the verge of leading the Horns to an UNDEFEATED season and a spot in the National Championship game against what some argue the "greatest college team ever" or "greatest college offense ever." Will finish in the top 2 of the Heisman Vote. Oh yeah, remember the last time a football team from Houston took a guy from Texas with the first pick to be their franchise player?

Last edited by yaboycm; 11-22-2005 at 03:33 PM.
yaboycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #2
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Neither at this point in time.
Old 11-22-2005   #3
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

You need to add Matt Leinart in the choices....
Old 11-22-2005   #4
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #5
mean mark8
Veteran

oops
mean mark8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #6
mean mark8
Veteran

Personally, I'd rather see a guy who threw for over 9,100 yards in his collegiate career and won a professional league MVP by the name of Ragone. Ragone was able to get Louisville into the top 20, Louisville. Vince Young will have to throw for ~3,500 yards in his senior season to get as many passing yards as Ragone, while his best season has been this one projected at ~2,700. Of course, we might could get a feel for if Ragone could do anything in the NFL by looking at him in our next 6 games. If he stinks it up, I'm all for looking at Young in '07.
mean mark8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #7
yaboycm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
Carr.
Why? What have you seen from Carr in the last 4 years that leads you to believe that?
Old 11-22-2005   #8
yaboycm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mean mark8
Personally, I'd rather see a guy who threw for over 9,100 yards in his collegiate career and won a professional league MVP by the name of Ragone. Ragone was able to get Louisville into the top 20, Louisville. Vince Young will have to throw for ~3,500 yards in his senior season to get as many passing yards as Ragone, while his best season has been this one projected at ~2,700. Of course, we might could get a feel for if Ragone could do anything in the NFL by looking at him in our next 6 games. If he stinks it up, I'm all for looking at Young in '07.
I agree. Don't re-sign Carr. Play Ragone in '06, go 2-13. Reggie Bush and Mathis will do what they did this weekend and win you 2, maybe 3 games. Draft a mobile QB in the 7th or sign an undrafted one so the offense can get a feel for what it is like to play with one. If Ragone sucks after at least 8-10 games, put that guy in there. If he does good, your 2nd/3rd stringer has experience. Pick Vincent Young. Sit him on the sidelines for 8 games or so then play him. Sounds like a plan to me. IS IT WORKING NEW YORK GIANTS?
Old 11-22-2005   #9
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Why draft Vince Young? We don't need another WR....
Old 11-22-2005   #10
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Won't have the chance to draft Vince...he's staying in school..PERIOD. Now stfu about it.
Old 11-22-2005   #11
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 54346 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

Draft Young........to be a wide receiver....then following year
draft Brady Quinn to be our QB.

cac:
Old 11-22-2005   #12
yaboycm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316
Won't have the chance to draft Vince...he's staying in school..PERIOD. Now stfu about it.
Half Astros, half Texans, half Bucs, half Rockets, half Yankees, half Cavs: If you read previous posts, and my signature, you would see that I am in support of picking him in 2007 smarts. Know what you're talking about. Till then, you stfu. He hasn't made a decision yet. Heisman trophies and national championships have been made to change minds. Just not Matt Leinart's.
Old 11-22-2005   #13
Snapple
Veteran

I respect and love Vince Young too much to want to see him corrupted by our terrible offensive system. I don't want to teach him the "one step drop, no time to read the field, throw a quick slant or get knocked on your ***" Texans offensive system.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #14
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee

cac:

SAY NO to Young being a WR...just say NO!
Old 11-22-2005   #15
yaboycm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee

cac:
If not Young, Quinn is damn good too. But P-lease.

Young will be a quarterback in the NFL, and a damn good one too.
Old 11-22-2005   #16
yaboycm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapple
I respect and love Vince Young too much to want to see him corrupted by our terrible offensive system. I don't want to teach him the "one step drop, no time to read the field, throw a quick slant or get knocked on your ***" Texans offensive system.
The new coaches we bring in after this year will help that. Unless our owner is a complete moron.
Old 11-22-2005   #17
ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaboycm
Half Astros, half Texans, half Bucs, half Rockets, half Yankees, half Cavs: If you read previous posts, and my signature, you would see that I am in support of picking him in 2007 smarts. Know what you're talking about. Till then, you stfu. He hasn't made a decision yet. Heisman trophies and national championships have been made to change minds. Just not Matt Leinart's.

I know...im not serious man...i see ur sig...its bright as hell..i know what u meant. lol...let us all join in a singing of kum ba ya.
Old 11-22-2005   #18
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Joey Harrington!

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #19
yaboycm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316
I know...im not serious man...i see ur sig...its bright as hell..i know what u meant. lol...let us all join in a singing of kum ba ya.
Cool. Just when I see stfu I think:

Not

Old 11-22-2005   #20
ThaShark316

Speaking of coaches..how bout this guy as head coach for 06 (if his team fires him...)

Let me dream a little here people...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read