Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-22-2005   #1
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer
Default Pitts sacks Carr

Good for a laugh. From
http://www.thebrushback.com/

Offensive Lineman Sacks David Carr Himself Just To Get It Over With

HOUSTON--Chester Pitts, Houston Texans guard, decided to take matters into his own hands Sunday night and sack David Carr himself just to get it over with. When the ball was snapped, Pitts immediately turned around, grabbed his quarterback, and gently placed him on the ground in order to preempt a much more painful and violent sack from a member of the defense.
“It was just something I thought I should do,” said Pitts, a member of an offensive line that has led the league in sacks allowed this year. “We all know what’s going to happen when David drops back to pass: He’s going to get nailed. So instead of putting him through that for the umpteenth time, I decided to do a preemptive strike. I just softly laid him on his back, patted his head and said ‘There there. The season’s almost over.’ He was actually very appreciative. It was the closest thing I’ve done to blocking all season.”

For the record, I think Pitts was a bad choice for this faux article.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #2
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I would say so. Pitts is the one guy I would like to see the Texans keep on the OL wherever he may land.
Old 11-22-2005   #3
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

wow, is that site run by somebody here? It was changed from Pitts to McKinney.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #4
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Thats just too funny!

Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #5
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

That is awesome that they changed it, though. Which one of you guys is on the brushback's payroll?
Old 11-23-2005   #6
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 64444 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

The lineman should have been Victor Riley.
TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #7
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

That was good!!
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-23-2005   #8
rafterticket
Veteran

Default They were merciful

They could have used Texans instead of Jets in that Reggie Bush story.
rafterticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #9
Jimpster
Rookie

I wonder if Chester got credit for the sack?
Jimpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #10
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafterticket
They could have used Texans instead of Jets in that Reggie Bush story.
I'm sure the staff at the Brushback are having a hard time whittling down the number of disses they can put against Houston, so they are spreading the insults to other teams. And granted, we aren't the only fugly team out there. The Jets, Saints, and Packers ain't exactly pretty, either.
Old 11-23-2005   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251959 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I for one am upset that the Texans would risk further injury to their franchise QB by having one of their own tackles sack him. Clearly that's an unnecessary risk when the center is closest to him at the time of the snap. Much of Drew Hodgden's off season should be spent practicing the snap-turnaround-sack (Jason Babin can work with him on his spin move) to prepare for 2006.

If we keep letting the tackles do the work then sooner or later a guard is going to get in the way and if it's Weigert he'll be out for four weeks hurt.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read