Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-28-2004   #1
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Mack Working out for Dolphins

RB Mack to work out for Dolphins

Greg A. Bedard
Wednesday, July 28, 2004

The first running back to audition for the Dolphins in the wake of Ricky Williams' retirement will be one who help hand the Dolphins one of their most stinging losses last season.

Stacey Mack rushed for 89 yards on 27 carries as the Houston Texans shocked Miami 21-20 in the 2003 opener. The Dolphins went on to miss the playoffs by one game. Mack, a six-year player, will work out for the Dolphins today at the team's training camp in Davie.

"It's a situation that could be good for me," Mack said. "I could come in and help the team. I can't say I can fill (Williams') shoes, but I can help the team out. I'm an Orlando kid so I'd be back home, about three hours away, so it's definitely a situation that could be good for me."

After going undrafted out of Temple, Mack signed with the Jaguars and spent his first four seasons with the club. He saw extensive action in 2001 subbing for injured starter Fred Taylor, and he rushed for 877 yards and nine touchdowns.

Mack, a free agent, signed with the Texans before the 2003 season and started the first five games before losing the starting job to Dominick Davis because of two turf toe injuries and an injured knee.

"For a running back it's pretty terrible having turf toe injuries on both feet," he said. "It was just nagging and my knee was hurting. But everything's fine. I'm healthy now."

Mack, who is 6-feet-1, 241 pounds, is the big back Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt favors. Mack also has 23 touchdowns in 18 career starts and has one edge on the fumble-prone Williams: Entering last season, Mack was No. 2 in the NFL in consecutive carries without a fumble with 267. Former Detroit running back James Stewart, who also is being looked at by Miami, was No. 1 with 397.

Mack as surprised as anyone about the circumstances that, perhaps, have led him to the Dolphins.

"It is a surprise that a guy just reaching the peak of his game just all of sudden retires," Mack said of Williams. "The guy carried the load and it was just shock to me."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004   #2
Panther5407
All Pro

I saw the same thing just now on ESPN. The fins are despritly trying to find a backup. I wonder if Travis Minor will start this year.
Old 07-29-2004   #3
LoNghoRn-TeXaN
Veteran

Stacey Mack is their best option. Minor simply doesn't have the experience.
LoNghoRn-TeXaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004   #4
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

James Stewart?
Old 07-29-2004   #5
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Ki-Jana Carter! lol
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read