Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2005   #1
Low Life
Rookie

Default Dunta's Inferno

Did anybody else see Dunta going off on the sideline? They were seperating him from somebody else. He looked pretty upset. Anybody see what that was all about?
Low Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #2
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Ask Carr and Gary Walker.

I am sure it was just a "...we all hate to lose, and it was just heat of the moment stuff..."

This season is so over it's not even funny anymore.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #3
cadahnic
All Pro

Dunta has been going off for 10 games now. he is pissed and he is gonna keep gettin in his teamates faces until they start playin the D he expects from him. Dont look now people but we have a young Aaron Glenn in the making. A future leader on the D side maybe we can get Peek and another LB to help him out on the leadership side of things.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #4
Low Life
Rookie

yeah. dunta's dope. i like that he holds people accountable. he's by far my favorite defensive player. i was more or less just wondering who he was digging in to this time.
Low Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #5
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope he was yelling at someone. Somebody needs to be doing it as we have no leaders on this team. As long as what he is saying is true then make him a captain. We can at least start developing our new leaders for next year's team.
Old 11-21-2005   #6
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
I hope he was yelling at someone. Somebody needs to be doing it as we have no leaders on this team. As long as what he is saying is true then make him a captain. We can at least start developing our new leaders for next year's team.
He already is the captain of the D. He is the one accepting and declining penalties, talking to refs, and such...
Old 11-21-2005   #7
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

D-Rob's job is safe. I'm sure McNair is watching. Gotta digress to AJ. I was upset about the penalty but I like the emotion he had and got in the other guy's face. Clearly a bad season for him. I expect to hear more from AJ as time goes on. Bad game, but he's still gonna shine.

D-Rob, just keep doing what you do. Things have gotta get better.
Old 11-21-2005   #8
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFan
D-Rob's job is safe. I'm sure McNair is watching. Gotta digress to AJ. I was upset about the penalty but I like the emotion he had and got in the other guy's face. Clearly a bad season for him. I expect to hear more from AJ as time goes on. Bad game, but he's still gonna shine.

D-Rob, just keep doing what you do. Things have gotta get better.
Quite frankly AJ is on a downhill slide. Its not his fault he is a victum of this coaching staff like so many other players.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #9
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Peek doesn't have time to become a leader. He is to busy jumping in the air and getting faked out by slow-***** quarterbacks with their pump fakes.
sakebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #10
wrestler4life
Veteran

Seriously, it is like the guy does not even have a clue on how to read an o-line. I saw more plays than not where he was running upfield like it was a pass and it was a run. Had he stoped and read the line, he would have been there to make the play. He is clueless.
wrestler4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #11
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestler4life
Seriously, it is like the guy does not even have a clue on how to read an o-line. I saw more plays than not where he was running upfield like it was a pass and it was a run. Had he stoped and read the line, he would have been there to make the play. He is clueless.
The coaches and others have implied he is an air head and it looks like it might be true. In fairness though some people simply can make decisions under game pressure situations. A notiable example is Capers. I'll bet he can break down every play and why it worked or didn't work while watching film. But Capers is paralized in the heat of battle. The good lord simply doesn't give all of us the ability to think under pressure. Very few people are gifted with that ability.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #12
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I believe Dunta was addressing the whole defense in general, and maybe one or more of them took exception to it and said something back and that's why they had to pull Dunta away. Again I have to ask, why is it that Dunta is the smallest guy on our team and he is the only one that exhibits any kind of testicular fortitude?
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #13
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 63823 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
Again I have to ask, why is it that Dunta is the smallest guy on our team and he is the only one that exhibits any kind of testicular fortitude?
To speak in cliché:

It's not the size of the dog in the fight; it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Dunta has missed too many tackles this year in my opinion and hasn't improved much from his rookie campain. He tries to knock people out too much and doesn't wrap up and wait for defensive help to arrive enough. The last few weeks he has had shots to take down backs close to the LOS and bounced off the runners. The big hits are nice...but he can't keep looking for that shot and then tackle poorly hurting the team when they don't work out.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #15
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Dunta has missed too many tackles this year in my opinion and hasn't improved much from his rookie campain. He tries to knock people out too much and doesn't wrap up and wait for defensive help to arrive enough. The last few weeks he has had shots to take down backs close to the LOS and bounced off the runners. The big hits are nice...but he can't keep looking for that shot and then tackle poorly hurting the team when they don't work out.
I agree that the last couple weeks he's missed some tackles, but earlier in the year he was great at it. Maybe the disappointment of the 1-9 season is starting to get to him a little bit too. Either way if I was to choose anyone on our defense to make a tackle one-on-one with someone it would be Dunta every time, and he had the hit of the year on Wayne last week. I wish Coleman and Buchanon could tackle someone without going for an 8 yard ride first.
Old 11-22-2005   #16
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217952 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Ill agree he's missed a few tackles but I attribute most of those to being agressive , trying to make the big play , force a fumble or incompletion ..... That is someting this defense lacks outside of Dunta . Hard to blame the guy for that .... especially when he feels like he HAS to make those kinda plays cause no one else on the D is gonna make them .

As for the Texans LB's becoming leaders .... they have to play with some kinda smarts and consistancy before we can start thinking of them as team leaders ..... I dont think this group of LB's have much potential to do that .

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #17
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 63823 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
.....hasn't improved much from his rookie campain.
I believe that is the Texan mantra. They should set it to music.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #18
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
Ill agree he's missed a few tackles but I attribute most of those to being agressive , trying to make the big play , force a fumble or incompletion ..... That is someting this defense lacks outside of Dunta . Hard to blame the guy for that .... especially when he feels like he HAS to make those kinda plays cause no one else on the D is gonna make them .

As for the Texans LB's becoming leaders .... they have to play with some kinda smarts and consistancy before we can start thinking of them as team leaders ..... I dont think this group of LB's have much potential to do that .
i dont think this group of LB's has much potential to to anything positive.
YoungTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #19
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
i dont think this group of LB's has much potential to to anything positive.
I think Wong is still a solid LB and I think Peek can be a good pass rusher, but they like to drop him back into coverage and do other things with him that aren't his strength. If they wanted a great, versatile LB that can do anything they ask him to, they missed out last year with Derrick Johnson.
Old 11-22-2005   #20
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Why are we griping about Dunta? He's one of the few bright spots on a dull team. Is he perfect? No, but on this team, you don't need to be perfect to look good. Other players look good on the Texans but aren't exactly reveared by other NFL teams. Dunta, Davis, Gaffney, and Mathis are some of our best players on the field. Let's look to the other side of the field and gripe about the Matador, Pburnt. The guy couldn't tackle to save his mom.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read