Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

View Poll Results: Who do you think will get the Heisman?
Reggie Bush 24 64.86%
Matt Leinart 1 2.70%
Vince Young 12 32.43%
None of the above. 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2005   #1
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer
Default Who Gets the Heisman?

We're getting close to the Heisman. IMO, Young will get the votes because voters will split between Bush and Leinart, since they are both from USC. However, I could also see it being Bush because voters could split between the two QBs. Who do you think will get the Heisman?
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #2
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

After this weekend's games I would think Bush would get it if the season ended now, but both he and Young have made decent cases for being Heisman so we'll have to see how the last couple games work out. If the Heisman is decided after the national championship game then that game will likely be the deciding factor, but I think it is mainly between Bush and Young right now.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #3
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Im gonna hold off on this till next week-ends games are played ....

But if you ask me NOW I'd have to say Bush is in the lead especially after that superman effort he put out against Fresno St . Take away ANY single big play he made and USC likely loses that game . There have been a couple other games he's saved their collective butts as well ...

As for Lienart .... Its extremely difficult for me to give him the nod considering he is NOT the best player on his team much less the whole of the NCAA . Lienart Will NOT repeat as Hiesman ... you can bet on that .

Vince Young has had a Fantastic season as has his team .... He is the heart and soul of that team ... the leader period . In just about any other season he would have it locked up already .

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #4
cadahnic
All Pro

I think Bush should win the Heisman, but Vince Young has no competition in his team, whereas Leinart and Bush are going to split votes.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #5
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Bush got it Saturday. The only way Young can beat him out is if he has a huge game against Colorado and changes a few voter's minds right before they have their ballots in (although many might fill them out early). The good news for my fellow Horn fans is that Young now has a reason to come back next year, even after we beat USC.
Old 11-21-2005   #6
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Who would honestly vote for Leinart over Bush?

The "split the votes" argument doesn't apply anymore. Reggie left Matt about 500 yards behind him in his dust.
Old 11-21-2005   #7
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

A 513 yard game kinda clinches it.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-21-2005   #8
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 79918 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

The only way Bush doesn't get it is if UCLA completely shuts him down AND USC loses the game.
Old 11-21-2005   #9
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
A 513 yard game kinda clinches it.
Yes this game did it for him! Sorry Vince!

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #10
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD Rivers
The only way Bush doesn't get it is if UCLA completely shuts him down AND USC loses the game.
I agree. I'm looking forward to the Reggie Bush v. Maurice Drew matchup.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #11
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

I said a year ago it'd be Bush or Peterson.

With Peterson not an option, it'll be Bush. This was determined way before Bush's game against Fresno State.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read