Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2005   #1
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Capers Quotes

It's all about execution according to Capers. I can't stand much more of this execution talk.

(Opening statement) “The game comes down to who executes the best and we were certainly lacking in execution tonight. I was disappointed in the way we started the game and the way we played in the fundamental areas of the game in terms of taking care of the football, penalties, blocking, tackling; the things that you have to do. We got down, I think we came back and fought hard in the third quarter. But still, our execution was lacking in the fundamentals. What do you do and where do you go from here? We have to challenge the guys. We’ve got to come back in and go to work. We’ll be looking for the guys that come back on Wednesday and do the things to enable us to get better because we have a lot of areas that we can get better in. You can’t make the fundamental errors that we made tonight and have a chance to compete in a national football game.”

(On game injuries) “We did have three players that had to leave the game and did not finish the game. Charlie Anderson had a hip contusion and did not finish. Phillip Buchanon had an ankle sprain. Robaire Smith had a right ankle sprain. None of those three players finished the game.”

(On Jerome Mathis’ performance) “Well he continues to impact the game. You saw his speed show up in the return. He had quite a few good returns for us tonight. It’s encouraging and good to see him back out there and hopefully we can keep him out there. I feel like he’ll be able to help us as a receiver if we can keep him on the field to work as a receiver. All week long we didn’t work him as a receiver. We wanted to get him healthy because we felt that he could do what you saw him do tonight. When he had that opportunity, he made the most of it. Those type of plays impact the football game.”
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #2
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 22797 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=bckey]It's all about execution according to Capers. I can't stand much more of this execution talk.

(Opening statement) “The game comes down to who executes the best and we were certainly lacking in execution tonight. I was disappointed in the way we started the game and the way we played in the fundamental areas of the game in terms of taking care of the football, penalties, blocking, tackling; the things that you have to do. We got down, I think we came back and fought hard in the third quarter. But still, our execution was lacking in the fundamentals. What do you do and where do you go from here? We have to challenge the guys. We’ve got to come back in and go to work. We’ll be looking for the guys that come back on Wednesday and do the things to enable us to get better because we have a lot of areas that we can get better in. You can’t make the fundamental errors that we made tonight and have a chance to compete in a national football game.”

Didn't he say that after our very first game?
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 39800 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

"Capers Quotes" seem like a parody of himself now. It is sad to see it come to this.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #4
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

It is all about execution, and now it is time for Capers' and Casserly's and Pendry's executions. With new coaches, maybe we can fix what's broken.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #5
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 42196 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

So, fundamentally, the executing of the fundamentals was not exectued to the fundamental level. Therefore an execution must fundamentally happen so the team can execute. Got it.

Quote:
"We’ll be looking for the guys that come back on Wednesday and do the things to enable us to get better because we have a lot of areas that we can get better in."
Hopefully, the guys come back on Wednesday to cover those areas that need to get better.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #6
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Cliche crappy coach talk.

He has to know he will be fired after the season.

Dont give me the same ol same ol week 1 to week 17.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #7
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey
We’ll be looking for the guys that come back on Wednesday and do the things to enable us to get better because we have a lot of areas that we can get better in.
This team played like garbage. Why in the world is Capers giving them an extra day off? I thought Mondays off were a reward for a win or at least a good game???
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-21-2005   #8
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be glad when Capers finally gets exactly what he wants, an execution.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #9
Peldon
All Pro

Rep Power: 34 Peldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respected

As of right now the Dom Capers show conveniently has problems with their phones so they can't take calls. Funny how after the worse loss yet he doesn't have to answer to the public.
Peldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #10
SESupergenius

One guy actually asked him point blank who was responsible for the Babin pick. Capers said that Casserly has final say on all drafts and free agent acquisitions but that he has input on these decisions.
Old 11-21-2005   #11
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 366349 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
One guy actually asked him point blank who was responsible for the Babin pick. Capers said that Casserly has final say on all drafts and free agent acquisitions but that he has input on these decisions.
Well two of the monkeys are at work with the Texans--wonder where hear no evil is?
Old 11-21-2005   #12
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

I guess I didn't miss anything on the Capers show. The reception went our a couple of times. Was it just me or did anyone else lose reception, for a long time?
Old 11-21-2005   #13
profan
Veteran

Man, this show could have been a recording from anyone of the past shows. It's the same old crap. How about the coaches taking the blame. I don't like the cowboy's, but when they lose, thier coach takes the blame and gives a better explanation as to what went wrong.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #14
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 42196 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hmm.. a quick nudge towards the oncoming bus then stepping forward so it's not as blatant? Of course Casserly has the final say - he's gotta make sure all the pieces are in place to not... um... jeopardize the organization. If there's enough people telling Charlie "we gotta have him" (coaches and his gazillion scots back it up) and the books allow the cost, then he gives a stamp of approval - why wouldn't he?
Old 11-21-2005   #15
Scott D
Veteran

How about this quote from Dom Capers.

Quote:
“I think our guys know what has to change,” Capers said. “When things are tough, you have to go back to your base fundamentals and what it takes to win. I’ve been around the game a long time and I think I know what it does take to win."
Let me see now.....Dom thinks he knows how to win games and....our record is 1-9.....Let me see now.

AHHHH I know. Dom does have an almost perfect record. I don't think, I know Dom Capers knows how to lose. Let the record speak for itself.
Scott D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #16
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ
Hmm.. a quick nudge towards the oncoming bus then stepping forward so it's not as blatant? Of course Casserly has the final say - he's gotta make sure all the pieces are in place to not... um... jeopardize the organization. If there's enough people telling Charlie "we gotta have him" (coaches and his gazillion scots back it up) and the books allow the cost, then he gives a stamp of approval - why wouldn't he?
Would we need a GM if all he says is "yes"? He needs to be as good or better evaluator of talent than the coach, it's his job. The GM brings in the talent, the coach coaches the talent. Our talent level is bad, that is a direct function of the GM.
Old 11-22-2005   #17
Scott D
Veteran

Quote:
Would we need a GM if all he says is "yes"? He needs to be as good or better evaluator of talent than the coach, it's his job. The GM brings in the talent, the coach coaches the talent. Our talent level is bad, that is a direct function of the GM.
I agree. Sound advice. A coach can't teach talent. It's either there or it isn't.
Scott D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #18
OzzO
.. and then?

Quote:
Makes sense.... but honest question then - if we have the largest group of scouts and it's been noted on this board that Casserly's not much on evaluating talent but more to make sure we're within the book's numbers, then does Casserly really make decisions on the talent if he's listening to the coaches and scouts hype of players?

Ah, maybe I just answered myself.
Old 11-22-2005   #19
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 39800 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott D
I agree. Sound advice. A coach can't teach talent. It's either there or it isn't.
A coach can ruin talent though, either by not using it at all or trying to put square talent in a round hole, if you know what I mean.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #20
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dom Capers, the recorder

I have heard this so many times I could just throw up.
Quote:
The game comes down to who executes the best and we were certainly lacking in execution tonight.
I think Bob needs to execute the "Your Fired" phrase a couple of times this week.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read