Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2005   #21
humbleone
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by royce1054
If they said #2 then we have a problem because i dont see us drafting any other position other than OL in the 1st round. I dont see any way. I mean we have Davis we dont need Bush. We have Carr we dont need Linehart. Thats the dumbest comment i have ever heard and i am offically sad that a Texan offical said that.
In fairness to the Texan's organization, I made my Letterman style Top 10 list off of some direct quotes and some messages sent by actions and words but not direct quotes ...(i.e. I never heard someone say #10 only that we needed to get younger and faster after we let Sharper and Glenn go. #2 is the same way...just find it interesting that we have been hearing a lot of "how great Pitts is playing at LT" combined with the Chronicle article on that subject specifically.) Anyway, the point of my post was more to help us laugh (so we don't have cry) than to inform.
humbleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #22
IntoxShowtime
waterboy

I heard number 2 said in the game yesterday. One of the commentators mentioned something about the Texans not needing to draft a LT.
IntoxShowtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #23
Snapple
Veteran

I very distinctly remember back in June, there was a Texans internet tv snippit on the main page, where Capers said that the O-line we have now is the best one he's ever coached.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #24
real

Actually it was kind of smart for the Texans to make the comment about maybe not getting a OL in the first round. (I hope they really dont draft an O-Line personally) ....But for all of you who do not want Bush...It puts more Value on their pick because other teams think that They might get Bush or someone else......
Old 11-21-2005   #25
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

You guys do know that Hollings was a 2nd rnd pick in the Supplemental draft right, not the real draft?
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #26
humbleone
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle
You guys do know that Hollings was a 2nd rnd pick in the Supplemental draft right, not the real draft?
Yes but we gave up a very real "2" in the subsequent years draft to get him so I'm not sure what the distinction is you are pointing out.
humbleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #27
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

ya know, i personally think we wont pursue a LT in the draft. chester pitts is looking like a damn good LT to me. the last 4 games, pitts hasnt allowed a sack despite facing dwight freeney 2 times. he has given up only 2.75 sacks out of the 40+ allowed by the line alltogether.
Old 11-22-2005   #28
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Gives a new definition of fantasy football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbleone
Exactly right...we would all be a lot better off if McNair would pull the trigger on Capers, Fangio, Pendry and Casserly now and let Marciano as interim HC finish the season reporting directly to him until we get the new GM.

Yeah, and Marciano should play QB, receiver and linebacker too.

I guess he picked the wrong week to stop taking amphetamines.
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #29
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmike
Just did, all I saw was a pissed off Houston fan. At least my Longhorns are going to the Rose Bowl!!!!!!!!

I echo those sentiments. And not only are the Horns going to Grand Daddy of them all, they WILL beat USC.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #30
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Top "10" funniest things heard from the Texans organization:

Number 10 ... "Sharper and Glenn are just to old and slow to make this team"
Number 9 ... "Our scouts are better than Mel Kiper's"
Number 8 ... "Yeah, pass on Jason Witten...let's take Bennie Joppru instead"
Number 7 ... "Coleman will make a great Free Safety"
Number 6 ... "Sure, why not a "2" for Hollings?"
Number 5... "Let's start Victor Riley at LT"
Number 4 ... "You can't get a corner as good as PBuc in the 2nd or 3rd round"
Number 3... "We are really not a 1-8 team"
Number 2... "We may not need to draft a LT in the '06 draft now"

And the number 1 funniest thing heard from the Texans organization....
"Coaching changes now might make things worse"
I still think that #3 is true. They are not a 1-8 team, they just have an 0-16 coaching staff and a 5-11 O-line, and maybe throw in Casserly as part of the problem (probably).
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #31
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan
I echo those sentiments. And not only are the Horns going to Grand Daddy of them all, they WILL beat USC.
agreed
Old 11-22-2005   #32
Erratic Assassin
All Pro

Rep Power: 13 Erratic Assassin was voted MVPErratic Assassin was voted MVPErratic Assassin was voted MVP

Quote:
Number 2... "We may not need to draft a LT in the '06 draft now"
Yeah that one kills me. I'm absolutely dumbfounded by the number of people who STILL don't get it: our offensive line is the problem.

"Let's get Reggie Bush!" "Let's get Matt Leinert!" Have you lost your ever-loving minds! I heard someone on the radio this morning saying that you can always get good linemen in the later rounds. BS! We're living proof that you can't get good linemen in later rounds. Take the top 10 linemen in the league and they were all drafted in the first round and they were probably high first round at that.

Unbelievably, I STILL don't think that Casserly gets it. Fire him before he wastes our picks AGAIN!
Erratic Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #33
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratic Assassin
...Take the top 10 linemen in the league and they were all drafted in the first round and they were probably high first round at that.
Last year's All Pro offensive line:

Walter Jones - Seattle - 1st Round - (#6 overall)
Willie Anderson - Cincinnati - 1st Round - (#10 overall)
Willie Roaf - Kansas City - 1st Round - (#8 overall)
Alan Faneca - Pittsburgh - 1st Round - (#26 overall)
Brian Waters - Kansas City - Undrafted Free Agent (tight end in college)
Jeff Hartings - Pittsburgh - 1st Round - (#23 overall)
Jonathan Ogden - Baltimore - 1st Round - (#4 overall)
Will Shields - Kansas City - 3rd Round - (#74 overall)
Steve Hutchinson - Seattle - 1st Round - (#17 overall)
Kevin Mawae - NY Jets - 2nd Round - (#36 overall)

You were close. And all of the non-1st rounders are interior linemen. I don't think the Texans need all pros at every position. But, they sure could use 3 or 4 guys who can block.
Old 11-22-2005   #34
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Last year's All Pro offensive line:

Walter Jones - Seattle - 1st Round - (#6 overall)
Willie Anderson - Cincinnati - 1st Round - (#10 overall)
Willie Roaf - Kansas City - 1st Round - (#8 overall)
Alan Faneca - Pittsburgh - 1st Round - (#26 overall)
Brian Waters - Kansas City - Undrafted Free Agent (tight end in college)
Jeff Hartings - Pittsburgh - 1st Round - (#23 overall)
Jonathan Ogden - Baltimore - 1st Round - (#4 overall)
Will Shields - Kansas City - 3rd Round - (#74 overall)
Steve Hutchinson - Seattle - 1st Round - (#17 overall)
Kevin Mawae - NY Jets - 2nd Round - (#36 overall)

You were close. And all of the non-1st rounders are interior linemen. I don't think the Texans need all pros at every position. But, they sure could use 3 or 4 guys who can block.
Good stuff, appreciate the research.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read