Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2005   #1
humbleone
Veteran

Default Texans Top "10" List

Top "10" funniest things heard from the Texans organization:

Number 10 ... "Sharper and Glenn are just to old and slow to make this team"
Number 9 ... "Our scouts are better than Mel Kiper's"
Number 8 ... "Yeah, pass on Jason Witten...let's take Bennie Joppru instead"
Number 7 ... "Coleman will make a great Free Safety"
Number 6 ... "Sure, why not a "2" for Hollings?"
Number 5... "Let's start Victor Riley at LT"
Number 4 ... "You can't get a corner as good as PBuc in the 2nd or 3rd round"
Number 3... "We are really not a 1-8 team"
Number 2... "We may not need to draft a LT in the '06 draft now"

And the number 1 funniest thing heard from the Texans organization....
"Coaching changes now might make things worse"
humbleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #2
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Good one.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Number 1 and 2 really scare me
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #4
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

What about Casserly saying that '..an elite team couldn't have survived this schedule!'

DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #5
TexanAlmighty
Veteran

7 games left, nothing another coach could do. I really think it's the player personnel they have to work with.

Good list.

Last edited by TexanAlmighty; 11-21-2005 at 11:51 AM.
TexanAlmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #6
TigerV1
All Pro

Rep Power: 91 TigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbleone

Is number 2 an actual quote?
TigerV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #7
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanAlmighty
7 games left, nothing another coach could do. I really think it's the player personnel they have to work with.

Good list though.
Most of the players on this team have performed at a much higher level, earlier in their career. Did they suddenly lose their talent? Add to that the players that have left the Texans and are performing very well on other teams. Those players did nothing while they were here, yet they can perform elsewhere? Did they find talent? Maybe the lost talent from the other guys?

I'm not saying we have Pro Bowl players, but they are much more talented than the production would indicate.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-21-2005   #8
AlexVanderpool
Veteran

Quote:

Here are some more:

"Lets move Pitts to guard and start a unknown project player from BFE State as our LT."
"With those tatoos, Babin looks like he has the ability to dominate, lets trade our entire draft for him."
"offensive line problems??? what offensive line problems???"
"sure the colts had problems with fangio's complicated zone blitz, but our young expansion team sure won't"

Last edited by AlexVanderpool; 11-21-2005 at 10:58 AM.
AlexVanderpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #9
humbleone
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexVanderpool
Here are some more:

"Lets move Pitts to guard and start a unknown project player from BFE State as our LT."
"With those tatoos, Babin looks like he has the ability to dominate, lets trade our entire draft for him."
"offensive line problems??? what offensive line problems???"
"sure the colts had problems with fangio's complicated zone blitz, but our young expansion team sure won't"

Good ones...thanks. If I don't find away to laugh about this season I am afraid my wife is going to remove all the guns and sharp objects from our house as a precaution.
Old 11-21-2005   #10
TexanAlmighty
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc
Most of the players on this team have performed at a much higher level, earlier in their career. Did they suddenly lose their talent? Add to that the players that have left the Texans and are performing very well on other teams. Those players did nothing while they were here, yet they can perform elsewhere? Did they find talent? Maybe the lost talent from the other guys?

I'm not saying we have Pro Bowl players, but they are much more talented than the production would indicate.
I have changed my stance. Fire Capers NOW! I want Marciano as Interim Coach for the rest of the year!!!!!
Old 11-21-2005   #11
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 11 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Roflmao
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #12
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
I have changed my stance. Fire Capers NOW! I want Marciano as Interim Coach for the rest of the year!!!!!

Like Tag Team said in 92...Whoop, there it is.
Old 11-21-2005   #13
humbleone
Veteran

Quote:
Exactly right...we would all be a lot better off if McNair would pull the trigger on Capers, Fangio, Pendry and Casserly now and let Marciano as interim HC finish the season reporting directly to him until we get the new GM.
Old 11-21-2005   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

How about we all have to look in the mirror and take a long look at ourselves?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #15
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 11 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Why?

I'm not the HC, OC, DC, or GM who screwed this thing up so why should I look in the mirror and evaluate myself. I am just a fan who wants changes made to my favorite team, which is the worst team in the NFL.
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #16
FirstDownMaker
Rookie

Quote:

Careful saying that Tony Hollings was a number 2 draft selection! I once said that and one Mod told me I was wrong and didn't know what I was speaking about. When I proved my point he said...."enough about the subject and was told to move on with some other subject. Of course that "someone" may deny what I'm saying but I assure you I'm correct.

Last edited by FirstDownMaker; 11-21-2005 at 03:38 PM.
FirstDownMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #17
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Now that is a stroke of genius! Why can't McNair think of that?
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #18
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

If they said #2 then we have a problem because i dont see us drafting any other position other than OL in the 1st round. I dont see any way. I mean we have Davis we dont need Bush. We have Carr we dont need Linehart. Thats the dumbest comment i have ever heard and i am offically sad that a Texan offical said that.
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #19
Keyser Soze
Rookie

Quote:
Why?

I pay to see professional football. That is not professional football being played in Texans uniforms. Look beyond mere stats. The win-loss record is deceiving. Read that again. The win-loss record makes this team appear better than it is. Cleveland outplayed them. If it wasn't for the play of Mathis, they would have lost that game.

In other words, name me a game the Texans have lost they "should" have won. There isn't any. Two years ago they lost four games within the last two minutes of play. Last-minute defensive gaffes cost them games. This year there have been NO games where the Texans outplayed the other team.

My solution:

Start over. Concentrate on the lines, and forget the glamor boys for a year. O-line, D-line, and LB corps are priorities. The DBs are almost good enough, if they were only getting help up front. Opposing QBs are collecting social security checks in the pocket against the Texan's Vapor D. Obviously Buchanan is a weak spot though.

New coaching staff and GM. This is not an option if this team is to ever get out of the cellar. Too many mistakes in drafting, too little production out of what they have.

Fix the core. Go for "skill" positions next year.

Wells and Davis are serviceable backs. Reggie Bush does not cure this team.

Let David Carr go. He is a part of the problem. Maybe he wasn't at one time, but he is now.

Jabar "Butterfingers" Gaffney gets one more season to prove it's not his fault he can't catch bounce passes. I'd keep him mostly because I'd be concentrating on other positions.

Hey, what do I know? I'm just a dude paying to see professional football. I'm just tired of waiting for it to happen.
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #20
metalmike
Veteran

Quote:
Just did, all I saw was a pissed off Houston fan. At least my Longhorns are going to the Rose Bowl!!!!!!!!
metalmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read