Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2005   #1
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer
Default AJ's Fight with Capers

I heard that after a fumble, AJ started arguing with Capers, but I didn't see the game. Can anybody explain to me what happened? As taciturn as AJ is, I was suprised to hear that he was verbally fighting with the coach on the sidelines during primetime.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Aj got kneed in the helmet by a chief (it looked like an accident), and got up yelling at the guy. The Chief didn't really back away, and so AJ grabbed his helmet by the facemask and pushed him back. Then he took the ball and threw it in the chief's face. We were penalized 15 yards and so AJ went to the sideline where he was yelling at Capers about something, most likely explaining what happened. It was wrong for AJ to let that happen, as we got knocked out of FG range and it is just a lack of discipline. But for whatever reason, Capers just stood there with his mouth open, looking sort of past AJ, and then AJ went and sat down.
gtexan02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

PS: Wouldn't it have been great if we had Tom Coughlin or someone for our HC? THey would have been up in AJs face, screaming and yelling, and getting some ACCOUNTABILITY! from the players. Remember how bad the Giants were? (#2 or 3 pick), and then they got a mean guy for a HC. Last year, everyone hated him, and people were being fined left and right. Now he has Burress under total control and people are talking about them going to the superbowl! their defense is playing with fire. thats what we need!
gtexan02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #4
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

That's embarassing to hear that Capers just bent over and took it up the tailpipe. It reminds me of this year's UT-Baylor game when one of the UT receivers (Taylor?) got clear and ran in the TD with nobody around him. He did a celebratory dive into the endzone, and the refs flagged him. When he got to the sidelines, though, Mack Brown tore the kid to pieces, I mean up one side and down the other. A few plays later, Baylor started getting thrown unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. One player was even ejected for making fun of the ref. Did the Baylor coach say/do anything? Nope.

I've heard all this stuff about the Texans trying to draft classy players. If that's true, and if class is a big part of the Texans, then I think Capers should have killed this kid for firing off on the Chiefs, if not for yelling at him.
Old 11-21-2005   #5
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Throwing the ball at the guy and getting the penalty for it was dumb but at the same time I'm glad to see someone standing up for themselves. AJ kept getting cheap shots against Pittsburgh and he never reacted to it and all game I was wishing he'd tear one of them apart for it.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #6
cadahnic
All Pro

AJ is a quiet guy, but he is getting overly fed up with the playcalling, team play, and the fact that every team is taking shots at him. He just had enough and i cannot blame him
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #7
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Who could blame the guy for being fed up with this mickey mouse organization. He's losing money every day that he spends on this team, with this quarterback.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-21-2005   #8
JaguarsFan1
Rookie

It took the Texans out of field goal range when the game was still close. I don't blame him for getting upset, but at the same time you can't hurt your team with stupid penalties.
JaguarsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #9
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea he cost the team pretty sure points right there.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sure he was mad at our Coaches for not lighting up the officials when one of our own gets treated like garbage. I'm glad he went off....someone needs to.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #11
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I'm sure he was mad at our Coaches for not lighting up the officials when one of our own gets treated like garbage. I'm glad he went off....someone needs to.
My thoughts exactly.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #12
throwANDREtheBALL
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to throwANDREtheBALL

Amen!

The only thing that disgusts me, is why isn't every player on this team yelling at the coaches?

Don't give me that respect line either...cuz most of these coaches have proved that they don't deserve any, in the slightest. If it takes all of the players yelling at the coaches to finally get some heads to roll, then DO IT!

Its just disgusting watching Capers on the sideline week after week...Its just sick!

The whole front office seems quite selfish, and seem to only be worried about how long they can keep their jobs. If the coaches and GM, don't really care about the players, then why should the players show them any respect in the slightest?
throwANDREtheBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #13
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Capers needs to have control of his team. Maybe he was just agreeing with AJ to get him to sit down, and maybe AJ had a legitimate complaint - the guy kneed him late. Refs have a history of flagging the wrong guy. I don't know. Like I said earlier, I haven't watched the game, and I certainly haven't graded the tape. But it seems to me that Coach Capers should have told AJ off.

Aside - In talking about Texans attitude, let's not confuse "frustration" with "will to win." The players seem to be trying to motivate themselves, but I think there are more and more evidences of team frustration on and off the field.
Old 11-21-2005   #14
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I didn't catch what happened that set him off on that play, I'll have to watch it again on tape tonight. It was stupid to get the penalty for throwing the ball at him but I did like seeing the fire. Speaking of which, did anyone else see Dunta lay into the team on the sideline at the end of the game. At least I know these two guys are sick of losing and are beginning to come out of their shells about it. Back to the tussle though, why is it we can never get calls in those situations? For the second game in a row the visiting team doesn't get called for a single penalty in the first half and it takes the most blatant offensive holding in the history of the NFL to finally get a flag, but every game we get flagged for defensive holding by one of our DL, at least this time it didn't happen with 2 minutes left in the game as we recover a fumble to turn the game around. I appreciate how our recent games have had relatively few penalties (ever since that mess in Seattle) and flowed better because of it, but we still get called with some nitpicky stuff that doesn't get called the other way.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #15
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadahnic
AJ is a quiet guy, but he is getting overly fed up with the playcalling, team play, and the fact that every team is taking shots at him. He just had enough and i cannot blame him
For more on this see: Jacksonville game.. Kenny Wright bodyslaming AJ after his foward progress was clearly stopped...
It seems him, Drob and Gary Walker are the only people on the team with passion (and the special teams coach)

PS- love the fact that Mathis did the "x" sign with his arms after he scored the TD.
Old 11-21-2005   #16
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
I didn't catch what happened that set him off on that play, I'll have to watch it again on tape tonight. It was stupid to get the penalty for throwing the ball at him but I did like seeing the fire. Speaking of which, did anyone else see Dunta lay into the team on the sideline at the end of the game. At least I know these two guys are sick of losing and are beginning to come out of their shells about it. Back to the tussle though, why is it we can never get calls in those situations? For the second game in a row the visiting team doesn't get called for a single penalty in the first half and it takes the most blatant offensive holding in the history of the NFL to finally get a flag, but every game we get flagged for defensive holding by one of our DL, at least this time it didn't happen with 2 minutes left in the game as we recover a fumble to turn the game around. I appreciate how our recent games have had relatively few penalties (ever since that mess in Seattle) and flowed better because of it, but we still get called with some nitpicky stuff that doesn't get called the other way.
In the words of the great broadcasters from last night: "that's what happens when you are 1-8"

You really do have to wonder how much bearing our record has on this type of stuff?
Old 11-21-2005   #17
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

He over-reacted. Period.

The guy kneed him on accident. And then AJ tried to get up at the same time, and it looked weird the way it all happened. AJ took offense to it, and the CHiefs player only became agitated and mouthy when AJ was clearly starting the whole problem by over-reacting.

Then, AJ fumbles the ball after gaining a first down. He pouts on the sideline after Capers failed to take the time to point out AJ's lack of focus, and then AJ is on the sideline and just stares out into fantasy land knowing full well that the cameras were on him...with a look that was more, "I can't believe this is happening around here" than it was "I got robbed and cheated."

The guy is so dissatisfied with the status quo (as we are) that I think he just blew up after trying to contain it. He's mad as heck, that's for sure.

I like his skills, and I like his overall demeanor. Last night was just a time where he personally failed to check his emotions. Can you blame him? Probably not. Can you blame a bunch of guys in suits? You bet.

He shouldn't have done it. But make no mistake about it, Capers failed to use his authority as a head coach and to at least have a father-to-son talk about the whole incident. AJ did all the talking, Capers did all the listening, and it's just more proof that Capers is done. Toast. Burnt toast.

I can't stand it when head coaches do not chew out a player for dumb penalties and bad judgment (not protecting the ball). That's where a guy like Holmgren or Coughlin shows the team who is boss, and it just serves the team as a reminder that everyone has a part to play...and you better play it to the best of your ability or else.

(sigh)

What a sad sack of a football team.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #18
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
PS: Wouldn't it have been great if we had Tom Coughlin or someone for our HC? THey would have been up in AJs face, screaming and yelling, and getting some ACCOUNTABILITY! from the players. Remember how bad the Giants were? (#2 or 3 pick), and then they got a mean guy for a HC. Last year, everyone hated him, and people were being fined left and right. Now he has Burress under total control and people are talking about them going to the superbowl! their defense is playing with fire. thats what we need!
Check my signature. What trips me out is that Coughlin and Capers were the coaches of the expansion Panthers and Jaguars, both made it to the conference championships the 2nd season, and it's like Coughlin has just blown past Capers. Don't care much for Coughlin, but I like his attitude. Capers on the other hand has lost control of the team.
Old 11-21-2005   #19
TexansRoll
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oso
That's embarassing to hear that Capers just bent over and took it up the tailpipe. It reminds me of this year's UT-Baylor game when one of the UT receivers (Taylor?) got clear and ran in the TD with nobody around him. He did a celebratory dive into the endzone, and the refs flagged him. When he got to the sidelines, though, Mack Brown tore the kid to pieces, I mean up one side and down the other. A few plays later, Baylor started getting thrown unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. One player was even ejected for making fun of the ref. Did the Baylor coach say/do anything? Nope.

I've heard all this stuff about the Texans trying to draft classy players. If that's true, and if class is a big part of the Texans, then I think Capers should have killed this kid for firing off on the Chiefs, if not for yelling at him.
I was at that game. It was great. Accountability rules (Taylor). I was still a little suprised though because I didn't think Mack even had it in him.
TexansRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #20
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
Aj got kneed in the helmet by a chief (it looked like an accident), and got up yelling at the guy. The Chief didn't really back away, and so AJ grabbed his helmet by the facemask and pushed him back. Then he took the ball and threw it in the chief's face. We were penalized 15 yards and so AJ went to the sideline where he was yelling at Capers about something, most likely explaining what happened. It was wrong for AJ to let that happen, as we got knocked out of FG range and it is just a lack of discipline. But for whatever reason, Capers just stood there with his mouth open, looking sort of past AJ, and then AJ went and sat down.

Capers always has his mouth open. Somebody should tell him to shut it.
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read