Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-20-2005   #1
bayshorebevo
Veteran

Default don't think it's carr's fault

besides the obvious non-existence of an o-line, they hardly ever call a play going deep. if you don't stretch the defense, their guys don't have much territory to cover. i understand the reason(s) for using primarily short routes, but if you don't play a little street ball, everybody knows what's coming.
bayshorebevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #2
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans offense is very vanilla. I watched the Colts game today and they throw deep as often as short passes. The TE is a valuable receiver in their offense. Of course the Texans don't have the caliber of talent the Colts do.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #3
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

It never is my freind
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #4
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
The Texans offense is very vanilla. I watched the Colts game today and they throw deep as often as short passes. The TE is a valuable receiver in their offense. Of course the Texans don't have the caliber of talent the Colts do.
Could you imagine the success they would have if they just put Mathis in on a side screen pass? Andre Johnson is used mostly for this play but Mathis would have 2-3 yards to "duke" the guy out of his shoes and be off to the races. He could also be used in the reverse that we have been using. Just having him running routes in the offense will give the defense fits.

I know that Mathis is just back from injury but if he is healthy, we need to get him the ball.
Old 11-21-2005   #5
touttail
All Pro

I totally disagree!!!!! I am eating crow on Carr, defended him before!

Carr had time to throw the ball. He locks in on his primary reciever and never looks away to the secondary if the primary is cover. I watched this several times, his head never moved from the primary. He tries to throw the ball to the primary and it bounced on the ground at least 4 times. If he doesn't throw he runs, and throws it out of bounds or dumps it off. He never looked for a secondary reciever. He is not a NFL caliber QB. McNair is a fool to give him the 8 million to keep him.

bobby 119C:brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #6
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail

Carr had time to throw the ball. He locks in on his primary reciever and never looks away to the secondary if the primary is cover. I watched this several times, his head never moved from the primary. He tries to throw the ball to the primary and it bounced on the ground at least 4 times. If he doesn't throw he runs, and throws it out of bounds or dumps it off. He never looked for a secondary reciever. He is not a NFL caliber QB. McNair is a fool to give him the 8 million to keep him.

Carr looks bad because our offense is designed to be short 1 read passes. Did you see the effort by Bradford on that interception? Good God that was weak, he did nothing to try and get after the ball. Almost all starting WR's go after the ball, our guys do nothing if it's not nailed right in their chest. You think Hines Ward would have all those yards and receptions if it wasn't thrown right in his chest? Please. These WR's need to be held accountable just like everyone else, and they are not getting it done. Carr did have his inaccuracies this game however, especially on 3rd down plays. He is without any playmakers right now. He threw another pass to the TE that can't catch.
Old 11-21-2005   #7
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail

Because that is the offense he is forced to run, if his first option isnt open, he has to look for the dump off or run. Your blind if you cant see that.
Old 11-21-2006   #8
spairme
Rookie

Default Re: don't think it's carr's fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63 View Post
Because that is the offense he is forced to run, if his first option isnt open, he has to look for the dump off or run. Your blind if you cant see that.
Then will someone please point him DOWN the field? Good grief, it's a no-brainer. If you have no pass protection and no receiver worth throwing to, then tuck the dang ball under your arm and run DOWN the field. If you are going to be tackled/sacked/jumped on, at least gain a yard or two doing it!

Sheesh. This isn't rocket science.

spairme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #9
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Ya'll need to stop trying to figure out who's fault it is. As if it is one person's fault. There are many reasons why we have been losing and why we continue to do so. It is absolutely rediculous to even try to say it is one person's fault in ANY game. The game is never solely decided on one play or one man...It can come down to that...but the game is 60 minutes. I really dont understand the confusions here.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #10
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Ya'll need to stop trying to figure out who's fault it is. As if it is one person's fault. There are many reasons why we have been losing and why we continue to do so. It is absolutely rediculous to even try to say it is one person's fault in ANY game. The game is never solely decided on one play or one man...It can come down to that...but the game is 60 minutes. I really dont understand the confusions here.
This one makes sense rep comin at ya!
ib4texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #11
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have heard that Kubiak is teaching Carr to not miss the receiver high. In other words hit the receiver or throw low, if you miss make it at his feet instead of over the WR head. This should limit some interceptions. I have noticed several passes of Carrs that are indeed low, I can't help assume that he is doing what he is supposed to (in this regard).

Is there any merit to this?
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #12
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 6809 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

You're about 3 years late with this stuff. We have heard it all back here on planet Earth .... I suggest you join us.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #13
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzle View Post
You're about 3 years late with this stuff. We have heard it all back here on planet Earth .... I suggest you join us.
Hahaha! I am thinking the same thing....
Old 11-22-2006   #14
phan1
All Pro

I wish I had a link (don't want to find it, somewhere at nfl.com), but I remember reading about how everyone complains about the same damn thing with their QBs!!! Think about it: when have we faced a QB who consistently passed over the middle and hardly dumped it off to their TEs and RBs? I don't recall a single QB that did that besides Manning, who completed about every pass on every spot of the damn field.

Right now, I'm through with evaluating Carr as our long-term solution at QB. I'm going to trust in Kubiak for that one.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #15
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

Do you guys realize how old this thread is?

I was about to respond to it, and then I noticed...

Carr doesn't lock on to one receiver any more. I paid close attention to him this past Sunday. My nosebleed endzone seats gave me the perfect vantage point to watch his helmet rotate from one side of the field to the other.

Again, this thread is seriously old.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read