Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-20-2005   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default If you want Capers gone now.. answer this

Who do you bring in?? .. you are still in the middle of a NFL season and college football is still going on.. I mean this is lame duck time..

Who do you bring in right now?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #2
Ranger
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Ranger

All Capers is good for is running on the feild and calling time outs........what a stupid decision to go for a feild goal........he doesn't have the oranges to go for it on 4th and goal if your team getting embarrassed on National Television. I will really be surprised if he makes it till the end of the season. I say let Joe Marciano be interm HC! And least he has the enthusiam.

But really, several people to think about at the end of the season....Pete Carrol may be itching to get back into the NFL and prove himself after being fired by the Patriots but why leave SC I don't know......... Joe Mangio, the defensive coordinator of the Patriots is the best coordinator available.......Bob Stoops? Kirk Frentz? Jim Fassel is also another option to look at.
Old 11-20-2005   #3
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger
I say let Joe Marciano be interm HC! And least he has the enthusiam.
Agreed. A guy like him who brings that hoorah, ball of energy type of personality to a losing team could be a great thing. He'll always be there jumpin around, at least showing the players that he cares unlike Capers who just stands around with a drooped lip looking like a moron.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #4
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Who needs a HC for the rest of the season? Fire Capers, replace him with a bag of (foot)balls, and let the team roam free for the rest of the season.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #5
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Warren Moon..........

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm against replacing Dom in mid season now. Originally I was for it but that was before they sent Chris Palmer packing. I would have let Palmer have the reins for the rest of the year just to see what happened.

Now, since they've already thrown him under the train I think Dom should ride this 1-15 season out to it's logical conclusion. It doesn't really matter anymore and I don't care when he goes now as long it's before the free agent signing period.
Old 11-20-2005   #7
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think they'll replace Dom at this point of the season.

Other than him stepping down he'll be the coach for the rest of the year I think.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-20-2005   #8
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Pete Carrol may be itching to get back into the NFL and prove himself after being fired by the Patriots but why leave SC I don't know

There is no way that Pete Carroll is going to leave USC to go to the NFL
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #9
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
I don't think they'll replace Dom at this point of the season.

Other than him stepping down he'll be the coach for the rest of the year I think.
I agree and have posted stuff to that effect for weeks now. But I have to say that this rotten performance tonight leaves me wishing there WERE some heads rolling right about now. It's true that without Palmer there's no obvious successor, but SHEEEEEESH......:brickwall
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

we can't bring anyone in until the end of the season and we have no good coaches suitable for an interim job. Although, the Special teams have played well. and that coach runs faster than a speeding Pinto...
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #11
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

bring in a new coach...big mouth bass capers is not doing the job...i believe in 7-9 till the math forces me to acknowledge 6-10

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #12
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
There is no way that Pete Carroll is going to leave USC to go to the NFL
I agree with you.

but what if he had the #1 pick and could bring reggie bush or Leinart with him. May make it more tempting. But I agree with you, he is pretty comfortable at USC.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #13
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217165 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
bring in a new coach...big mouth bass capers is not doing the job...i believe in 7-9 till the math forces me to acknowledge 6-10
I can appreciate that math. I believe in 1-15 until the math forces me to acknowledge 2-14 .... or a new season.

Oh, and I sincerely want this season on Capers' record, in full, whatever it turns out to be.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #14
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
Gosh your words made me wince..."big mouth bass capers".....I think Coach Capers is going to lose his job and that's just the nature of the beast...but he's been a gentleman always to the fans and media here....he's lost the team obviously. Harsh words. I know the team needs to go in a different direction with a new coach but I hate when good people have bad things happen to them.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #15
bayshorebevo
Veteran

capers is a good guy, but joe paterno is looking towards the nfl. he has a lot of vision.
bayshorebevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #16
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayshorebevo
capers is a good guy, but joe paterno is looking towards the nfl. he has a lot of vision.
May as well let Lou Holtz be the OC.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #17
Nighthawk
All Pro

Default Fire Capers Now.

I said this 4 or 5 weeks ago. It's truer now than then. Put a mud puppet up there in his place. Anybody will do.

The advantage is that they can openly search for next year's HC starting tomorrow. Some people they can talk to and some they can't. Some might make plans around the opening. Who knows what might happen.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #18
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
...I say let Joe Marciano be interm HC! And least he has the enthusiam.
marciano would be a great choice. he is the coach of the only unit having any success for the texans....special teams. he must know a thing or two about blocking and/or preventing big plays. i do like the enthusiasm he brings to the table, and i feel that the entire team would rally around a guy like him...similar to how the falcons rally around jim mora.
Old 11-21-2005   #19
Snapple
Veteran

No way on Carroll. He's already proven that he's one of those coaches that's great on the college level, but bad on the pro level. He's not going to do any better with the Texans. Besides, he has a good thing at USC going.

Although it'll never happen, my fantasy is that Bill Walsh would come out of retirement to coach the Texans.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read