Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-22-2005   #21
NYSigma
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
Who's going to get the ball to him, Carr can't?

bobby 119C:brickwall

LOL you are right but you've guys have got to find a way....Maybe you could kidnap Carr and put someone else in his place.....
NYSigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #22
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

How about Carr's TD pass to Mathis? That was a perfect pass.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #23
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 66612 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Lots of thoughts about this.

1. Newspaper said he is going to be used for punts this weekend because PBuc's hurt. They had tried him out at it during training camp, and they think he is ready for it now.

2. At one of the Texans luncheons I went to, Casserly said that Mathis was one of the most amazing prospects that they saw at the combine. That there are a number of people who run fast combine times, and maybe have one really fast time out of three times. Casserly said that Mathis ran 3 amazingly consistently fast times.

3. At a Texans function I went to last night, someone was saying that Marciano was the one that really hyped Mathis. I went to a Marciano clinic a couple of years ago, and though he liked JJ, he knew that without breakaway speed, his days were numbered with the Texans.

Apparently, prior to the draft, Marciano was going around the Texans coaches showing film of Mathis like crazy. (In response to all the Mathis hype, I think it was Marciano who was saying something like how it is remarkable how much of a better coach he is when he has better players.)

BTW, from the slideshow I saw, it seems like the position coaches have a lot of say on who they get in the draft.

4. At the Texans function I was at, someone asked about giving Mathis more PT. From what was said, everybody at the Texans wants to get Mathis more PT, but they worry that his body is not prepared for all that work plus the hits yet. They want him on the field, but they worry that his hamstring thing will come back if he gets too many reps before his body is ready for all that work.

I am thinking that if he goes long enough without reinjuring the hamstring, we will see him as a WR more. It is just that he can't get the practice reps.

5. I did notice in the game he played WR that they had him in the AJ role for the fake reverse a couple of times. Had he really got the ball on a couple of those, he woulda taken it to the house.

6. Does anyone have the ESPN video of Coach Joe running up the sidelines following Mathis during the Chefs game??? I was at the game so I didn't see it at the time, but I heard about it later. If anyone could put that video here, I'd love to see that. Love that sort of enthusiasm.
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #24
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 66612 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
Marciano was so excited about Mathis running it back, he was almost pace for pace with Mathis...it was sweet.
I really really want to see this video. Somebody has to have it. It might have to live in the montage of Texans plays.
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #25
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

He was flying.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #26
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Just Win Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick
I really really want to see this video. Somebody has to have it. It might have to live in the montage of Texans plays.
Right before the kickoff they did a close up of Mathis getting ready, and he had this look of determination in his eye. My wife walked in and saw that the Chiefs had scored, and looked at me and said "Sorry Honey", and I said that's okay Mathis is fixin' to run this back for a TD, and about 10 seconds later we were going nuts jumping up and down. She could not believe that I called it, but it was that look in his eye that tipped me off.
And Marciano running down the sideline was priceless!!! It was so great to see him fired up. The whole thing was fantastic. It's just to bad our celebration ended there.

Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #27
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

AJ ussually spikes the ball and jumps into the stands when he scores at home..

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read