Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-20-2005   #1
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Aj=to

Ever since the Vikings game last season, I have thought of AJ as a younger TO. Both were quiet, fast, and buff. Both would make catches and take the hits, though I think AJ will be a bit later. However, when Owens made that catch in the playoffs, he turned into a completely different player. Now, AJ is showing too much emotion and passion. BTW, i turned the game off when P-Bust made that pass interference. I am the biggest Texans fan out of everyone I know, but I can only take so much pain. And every successful play just exacerbates my year-long pain.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #2
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
Ever since the Vikings game last season, I have thought of AJ as a younger TO. Both were quiet, fast, and buff. Both would make catches and take the hits, though I think AJ will be a bit later. However, when Owens made that catch in the playoffs, he turned into a completely different player. Now, AJ is showing too much emotion and passion. BTW, i turned the game off when P-Bust made that pass interference. I am the biggest Texans fan out of everyone I know, but I can only take so much pain. And every successful play just exacerbates my year-long pain.
Look at it this way. Every play we are that much closer to the #1 pick. Also with every score from the other team there is a chance of getting to see Mathis return a kick.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

the #1 pick is months away from now and the Rockets can only do so much to keep me satisfied with houston sports. I love the Longhorns and my high school is pretty good sportswise, but as long as I am a Texans fan, and I am a fan for life, a win is what gets me through the team. A 2-minute clip in the offseason made my day because I was so hungry for football, but now, I'm starting to watch more soccer.
Old 11-20-2005   #4
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Dont ever... ever...evereverevereverevereverever.. compare AJ to TO again.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #5
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Both were quiet, fast, and buff.

TO is quiet?
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #6
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

He was originally.
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #7
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Terrell quiet? Are you sure you don't mean quick? He's FAR from quiet. Light years from quiet.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-20-2005   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

TO was never quiet. terrell owens, however, was quiet and shy until young trew that TD to him when the announcer yelled: "Owens, Owens, Owens"
Old 11-20-2005   #9
Doom Capers
Veteran

He sure acted like T.O. tonight. Did anyone go see him explain himself to Capers? Capers just said "ok" "it's ok", and let him go to the bench.
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #10
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

AJ = TO??? Not only no, but HELLLL NO!!!! AJ is way too reserved to be compared to TO. Bad comparison.
Old 11-20-2005   #11
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree..bad comparison. I think he's just very frustrated. Imagine going to work and never having a good work day!
Old 11-20-2005   #12
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ = TO!

Next thing you know, he'll be trashing Carr in the media and getting into fights in the locker room.

Never thought I'd see the day . . .
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #13
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rich Lord was just saying on the post game show that AJ embarrassed himself and the team tonight. I missed his escapades but he's got to be at his wit's end over the direction of the team. He has ZERO TD's this year...and he's so darn good.
Old 11-20-2005   #14
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
Rich Lord was just saying on the post game show that AJ embarrassed himself and the team tonight. I missed his escapades but he's got to be at his wit's end over the direction of the team. He has ZERO TD's this year...and he's so darn good.
Man, I couldn't get good reception on my stereo for the post game on 610. Gotta wait until tomorrow morning.
Old 11-20-2005   #15
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rich Lord was very tough on AJ. I missed his play where he was flagged but I did the fumble. AJ has always been a really classy player. Something had to make him go off like he did. My guess is frustration because he's not a bad sport.
Old 11-21-2005   #16
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

im positive it was frustration.. and i dont look down on the guy at all for it.

He had a bad night.. thats all there is to it. Doesnt change the fact that he is an extremely talented and extremely classy player.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #17
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
About the only thing AJ will have in common with TO will be when AJ finds a way to force the Texans to trade him.
Old 11-21-2005   #18
WWJD
Hall of Fame

It's got to be hard to want to do well, show what you can do and you're not able to do so. We all have our bad moments. I doubt it'll happen again. Rich said he was "stupid" tonight. The guys on 610 are just hammering AJ.
Old 11-21-2005   #19
texan0305
Veteran

Rep Power: 24 texan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famertexan0305 is a Hall of Famer
Default lol

so the guy showed a bit of passion a little heart, if rich lord should be critisizing some one it should be carr... he had a horrible game, and the defense, i think andre is the least of our worries at the moment there are other spots on this team that should be looked at before him!
texan0305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #20
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
TO has allways been out there, allways talked, and been TO. This was AJ's first "explosion" if you will and to overreact and think he's holding out, and will ditch his team and say Brett Farve should replace David Carr. I excuse him for getting frustrated for the first time in his career, its not easy on ANYONE being 1-9.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read