Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-20-2005   #1
harley7
Rookie

Default Jerk ESPN talking head shut up about AJ

Man I wish that stupid old fart would shut his trap about AJ. AJ is pissed..BFD. Mention it once and then enough already. This ***** on ESPN keeps harping on it.
harley7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #2
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

and every single thing the texans mess up on, whether its common or rare is "the reason they are 1-8." Where's LT?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #3
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley7
Man I wish that stupid old fart would shut his trap about AJ. AJ is pissed..BFD. Mention it once and then enough already. This ***** on ESPN keeps harping on it.
Exactly what interesting is going on in this game besides Andre johnson throwing fits.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #4
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan
Exactly what interesting is going on in this game besides Andre johnson throwing fits.
Jerome Mathis.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #5
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
Jerome Mathis.
True.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #6
Ranger
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Ranger

I'm tired of ESPN just wrecking on the Texans. All they do is crack jokes about them, whether it be on Sunday NFL Countdown, on PTI, or on their National Televised Game. How would you like it if you were on a 1-8 team, being injured for about a month, not being able to make a difference, and have smartass Cheif players smacking you in the head with their knee and talking trash? Some players only can take so much. AJ does need to show a little maturity on National TV before people start calling him T.O. Oh nevermind, too late.
Old 11-20-2005   #7
AlexVanderpool
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley7
AJ may have been pissed, but he was also being a total moron!!! him and the BS call with 11 seconds left in the 1st half are the reasons that we are getting blown out. I am a die hard texans fan, but we are getting trashed by ESPN because that is what we deserve by the way we play and are being coached.

If you have a problem with honest analysis, mute your tv and turn on the optimistic garbage on 610's broadcast.
AlexVanderpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-20-2005   #8
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251959 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

1-8 gets treated that way. When it was the Bengals they were the "Bungles" and they got treated that way. That's just the way it is. We get treated that way because in four years our "leaders" have built a 1-8 team. The Texans deserve it and if it ticks all of you off to see it happen then that's fantastic because imagine how annoyed it must make Bob McNair.

That's what's going to cause change and change is what we need.
Old 11-20-2005   #9
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ was a bonehead and should be called out.

Does ESPN mock the Texans? Absolutely. NFL Live did possibly the dumbest feature ever (the "Thesaurus" routine) on them the week before they won. But like I said then, it's the easy way out, and that's what they generally have been taking lately.

Endless, pointless, annoying T.O. coverage is lazy. Bagging on bad teams is lazy. BUT, if you are the acknowledged Pro Bowl stud on a bad team and are supposed to be a team leader, the fact that at least 10 points of the losing margin can be hung around your neck SHOULD be spoken.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #10
blankfixation
Rookie

Is it me or does it seems like houston sports dont get the respect they deserve? i understand that the texans are stinking it up this year but i always get that feeling when i watch a national televised game of any sort. and im happy andre johnson got pissed i would too the guy was rubbing his crotch all in his face for no reason about time someone gets pumped up for a game
Old 11-20-2005   #11
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankfixation
Is it me or does it seems like houston sports dont get the respect they deserve? i understand that the texans are stinking it up this year but i always get that feeling when i watch a national televised game of any sort. and im happy andre johnson got pissed i would too the guy was rubbing his crotch all in his face for no reason about time someone gets pumped up for a game
You're just now realizing this?
Old 11-20-2005   #12
blankfixation
Rookie

these guys are more annoying than john madden:brickwall
Old 11-20-2005   #13
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

This is what I've caught them saying:

David Carr always looks at whoever he is going to throw to....true.

DD is playing well and should get the ball more....true.

AJ just needs to cool off.....true.

Actually I think Theismann has been a bit kind to David; he's said that David has all the talent in the world and just needs to show it.

It's hard to say anything good about a team when there's nothing good to talk about.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #14
Doom Capers
Veteran

Theismann is a total moron though. Each week he proves that.
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #15
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I disagree. I think Joe is one of the better analysts around.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #16
bayshorebevo
Veteran

paul maguire is the absolute worst announcer on tv and i'm

not talking sour grapes because we stunk up the joint tonite.

he is horrible.
bayshorebevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #17
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

If it was Michael Vick he would've been saying that the other team was playing dirty.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #18
FirstDownMaker
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger
I'm tired of ESPN just wrecking on the Texans. All they do is crack jokes about them, whether it be on Sunday NFL Countdown, on PTI, or on their National Televised Game. How would you like it if you were on a 1-8 team, being injured for about a month, not being able to make a difference, and have smartass Cheif players smacking you in the head with their knee and talking trash? Some players only can take so much. AJ does need to show a little maturity on National TV before people start calling him T.O. Oh nevermind, too late.
Don't want to be the butt of jokes....don't like or want the talking heads laughing? Play better football....plain & simple! Until they get better, expect people to poke fun and laugh!
FirstDownMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Maguire is a Houston hater from wayyyyyyyyyy back in the NFL on NBC days.

The guy is a former Bills player, and a Bills homer...and he cracked on the Oilers more than any other commentator in sports history. It was, and still is, a big pasttime of his. I can't stand him because he's so blatantly a Houston hater.

Check out these two links if you think I'm lying or exaggerating. BLATANT. Steve Tasker is almost as bad, but not as bad as Maguire.

http://www.epinions.com/content_93082390148

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Maguire
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #20
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
Maguire is a Houston hater from wayyyyyyyyyy back in the NFL on NBC days.

The guy is a former Bills player, and a Bills homer...and he cracked on the Oilers more than any other commentator in sports history. It was, and still is, a big pasttime of his. I can't stand him because he's so blatantly a Houston hater.

Check out these two links if you think I'm lying or exaggerating. BLATANT. Steve Tasker is almost as bad, but not as bad as Maguire.

http://www.epinions.com/content_93082390148

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Maguire
To all of the Houston sports haters - the Paul Maguires, Bill Waltons - y'all can take a flying nose dive from the top of the Astrodome into the pavement. F@! y'all!!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read