Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-28-2004   #161
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

when Domanick broke about 4 tackles in one run(right after an injury) it didnt look to me like he was thinkin," Hmmm, I better just go down cus i dont wanna get hurt again." and if thats what Hollings is thinkin, then he doesnt need to be playin football period.
Beastlyman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004   #162
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastlyman2003
when Domanick broke about 4 tackles in one run(right after an injury) it didnt look to me like he was thinkin," Hmmm, I better just go down cus i dont wanna get hurt again." and if thats what Hollings is thinkin, then he doesnt need to be playin football period.
Like you said, DD's was a hand injury that took 4 weeks to heal. Hollings took a year to heal. You dont want to go through rehab again.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004   #163
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Mack will go and try out for them. But why hasn't anyone suggested JWells be traded over there.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004   #164
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

well if youre tip-toeing through the holes worrying about not getting hit, then you are not a full-contact sport contender. if he loves football but doesnt wanna get hurt, he should sign up for a flag-football league. And you know as well as i do, Domanick DOES NOT tip-toe in those holes. He hits them like mike tyson did "The Hurricane"
Old 07-28-2004   #165
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
well if youre tip-toeing through the holes worrying about not getting hit, then you are not a full-contact sport contender. if he loves football but doesnt wanna get hurt, he should sign up for a flag-football league. And you know as well as i do, Domanick DOES NOT tip-toe in those holes. He hits them lick mike tyson did "The Hurricane"
DD also hasnt torn an ACL. I really need to find some Hollings highlights for you because he went through the hole in college, there was no fear of getting injured. The carry he hurt himself on was to run out the clock. You are Superman until you get hurt. Edge was tenative his first year back from his ACL. You cant blame them for being a little tenative after they just had their career put in jeperody...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Old 07-28-2004   #166
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

yes, but that keeps coming up. Domanick HAS NOT messed up anything in his legs. Tony is always gonna be hesitant to run up the middle just like Fred Taylor(this ones for __V__) . Since his hamstring injury, he has not been willing to drive for those extra yards after contact anymore. Hollings could never do it anyway( drag people or break tackles) so the injury isnt gonna make him better at it.
Old 07-28-2004   #167
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
yes, but that keeps coming up. Domanick HAS NOT messed up anything in his legs. Tony is always gonna be hesitant to run up the middle just like Fred Taylor(this ones for __V__) . Since his hamstring injury, he has not been willing to drive for those extra yards after contact anymore. Hollings could never do it anyway( drag people or break tackles) so the injury isnt gonna make him better at it.
You hurt your argument when you compared Taylor to Hollings. Taylor might not drive his legs, according to you, but he had 1500 yards last year....

And Hollings is still faster then DD.

Sponsored links
Old 07-28-2004   #168
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

I didnt compare Hollings to Taylor directly, i compared their INJURIES.(both having to do with their legs) And once again,Hollings maybe be faster than Domanick, but Domanick IS NOT SLOW, to any extent.
Old 07-28-2004   #169
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

AND Taylor was always able to break tackles, i was refering to when he was going down, saying he would just drop, instead of even trying to drive for EXTRA yards. i didnt say that Taylor never broke a tackle, because he did. thats how he got 1500yards. But Tony doesnt have the power to go with the outstanding speed, and CANNOT break a tackle.
Old 07-28-2004   #170
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I didnt compare Hollings to Taylor directly, i compared their INJURIES.(both having to do with their legs)
And Taylor with a leg injury rushed for 1500
Lewis, who had an ACL tear 3 years ago, rushed for 2000 yards last year
Edge tore his ACL 3 years ago, too, and had 1200 yards, in 13 games, with a 4.1 yard per carry average....

Old 07-28-2004   #171
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

yes, but ALL OF THOSE BACKS HAVE ENOUGH STRENGTH TO BREAK TACKLES.
Old 07-28-2004   #172
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

how do YOU know he can't break tackles? you seen him after he gets his confidence back and gets used to the speed of the game? have you seen him in practice?

I am amazed that you are saying he can't do this or that when all you have seen of him is limited duty of last season

edit
where you there to see what kind of conditioning/strength program he was on last season and this offseason?

BTW I haven't seen any of it either but I do have faith that our front office knows what it takes to get a player healthy and NFL ready

Hollings came out as a junior..Yes he needs work still..
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004   #173
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
But Tony doesnt have the power to go with the outstanding speed, and CANNOT break a tackle.
How can you say that when you have only seen him take 20 carries?

We can argue this all day long but I really dont want to do that, we just have to wait and see....

Camp starts saturday...

Old 07-28-2004   #174
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

definatly agreed. but nice argument and no hard feelings. and a good point about not having seen him, but ill tell ya how hes looking when i see him in practice. I got tix to 3 practices in early August. I really wanna see Babin, Robinson, & Lord.
Old 07-28-2004   #175
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

that would be great to give us an update for us unlucky ones that live too far away
Old 07-28-2004   #176
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

but yea ill give yall an UNBIASED report if you want.
Old 07-28-2004   #177
Wolf
100% Texan

Talking

well we all l know there really 3 sides to every story .. my side your side and the truth .. and that fits the bill till you get married.. then it is one sided and I won't say which side
Old 07-28-2004   #178
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

Thats what my dad says ALL the time.
Old 07-28-2004   #179
caspian
Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to caspian Send a message via AIM to caspian Send a message via MSN to caspian Send a message via Yahoo to caspian

Beastly Man,

You may end up being right about your prediction ... who knows, right?

But the flaw in your argument is that you're using actual performance alone as your measure of talent, instead of upside potential. An athletic, even if raw, specimen will always raise eyebrows in whatever league...from Hollings to Dwight Howard. Why?

Because it's better to have a specimen that has the full spectrum of qualities, both the unteachable and the teachable...than a lesser raw specimen with the teachable.

...assuming the coach is confident in his coaching abilities...
caspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004   #180
LiveForTheGame
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to LiveForTheGame

In my opinion it isn't essential to have the perfect physical qualities. They are important because of the physcial nature of the game, but it all comes down to heart, work ethic, and what we all want- making plays. So I don't care who they put out there as long as the guy can represent the Texans both on the field and off the field with dignity and will make the plays when it needs to be done.
LiveForTheGame is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read