Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-28-2004   #121
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastlyman2003
Im a big DD fan and im trying to understand how yall can write him off for someone else who has PROVED NOTHING. I dont get it.
Just because we like Hollings doesn't mean we are "writing off" Davis. We all have opinions and some of us don't see what you do. Personally I compared his running style to a guy who is a solid NFL back in Staley. That is not an insult. What you are doing is insulting Hollings to make a case for Davis...and that is weak.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004   #122
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

Excuse The French Steel Blue
Beastlyman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004   #123
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
are you bull****tin? How are you a "MODERATOR"?
Fiddy is more mature and well-spoken than many of our older fans. Age has nothing to do with it. Dogging him on his age is equally as weak as your Hollings argument.

Old 07-28-2004   #124
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Im a big DD fan and im trying to understand how yall can write him off for someone else who has PROVED NOTHING. I dont get it.
We are not riding off DD. We just think Hollings has more to offer. Well if you think about it DD hasnt proven anything either, there have been a lot of rookie running backs to rush for 1000 yards in a season and then lose their jobs the next season...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004   #125
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

what insults? how am i insulting the guy? i am trying to see what yall see, and i dont see why you think hes better. thats all, no insults.
Old 07-28-2004   #126
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not writing DD off at all and I think we all want to see both guys succeed.

I like DD because he runs North and south and has that knack of gettting an extra yard a carry because he consistantly falls forward... I like Hollings because what LITTLE I saw, he has speed and you can't teach speed. who knows maybe DD/hollings becomes somewhat of a Mike Rozier/Allan Pinkett. ( I can't think of another tandem off the top of my head) ..where you have a change of pace back when you pound them with one and break it open with another.
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004   #127
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

all im sayin is that hes proven ALOT more than Tony. maybe not in terms of league history, but in terms of who has proven more out of the two back in question.
PS_V_, you cut me REAL deep. im hurt.
Sponsored links
Old 07-28-2004   #128
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
are you bull****tin?
Why would a lie about an injury??? I'll take a picture of the 3 holes in my knee and send it too you if you want. Do you want me too???

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Old 07-28-2004   #129
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

not the injury, about you being 16. I dont doubt the injury, its a common injury in HS. im still in HS about to be a senior.
Old 07-28-2004   #130
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
not the injury, about you being 16. I dont doubt the injury, its a common injury in HS. im still in HS about to be a senior.
I am about to be a Junior

Old 07-28-2004   #131
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

WHAT ARE YOU BABBLING ABOUT, V? i didnt believe he was 16 because he had such knowlege of the game. So, mind your buisness, he can defend himself. And im only 17. Thats why i was wondering. He just knows alot.
Old 07-28-2004   #132
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
WHAT ARE YOU BABBLING ABOUT, V? i didnt believe he was 16 because he had such knowlege of the game. So, mind your buisness, he can defend himself. And im only 17. Thats why i was wondering. He just knows alot.
That's fine. I will stick up for guys like Fiddy or any of my other mods if I perceive they are being talked down to. Fiddy is a mod because of his LONG history of great posts here and at Houstonprofootball.com. Age has nothing to do with maturity and you didn't make yourself too clear.

My bad, but that's just me. I'm never good on my second pot of coffee.

Old 07-28-2004   #133
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
i didnt believe he was 16 because he had such knowlege of the game. So, mind your buisness, he can defend himself. And im only 17. Thats why i was wondering. He just knows alot.
Well, I know a lot because I read a lot, listen and watch a lot, and my dream job is to be a sports radio analyst....

Old 07-28-2004   #134
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I'm surprised too. Fiddy you sould like someone in your young 20's. Take it as a complement and run with it.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004   #135
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

Fiddy, honestly if i came off as "talking down" to you, forgive me. I just didnt believe you knew ALMOST as much as me, and was younger. just kiddin.
Old 07-28-2004   #136
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

OK...lets settle this debate right now. Lets settle it with facts. this is between me and Fiddy, guys. Fiddy, lets finish the debate about whois the better back using fact and stats. you couldnt win this argument.
Old 07-28-2004   #137
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Fiddy, honestly if i came off as "talking down" to you, forgive me. I just didnt believe you knew ALMOST as much as me, and was younger. just kiddin.
lol, dont worry about it

Old 07-28-2004   #138
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

Are You Game?
Old 07-28-2004   #139
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Are You Game?
I will do it...

Old 07-28-2004   #140
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

*ding ding ding* round 2

now it is the Wells versus Davis

of course it might be a quick knockout on this one
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read