Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-20-2005   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Would you consider it fair enough if...

the offensive and defensive coordinators were fired instead of Capers. Reason I ask is because of the information I heard on last weeks game about how the players really do like Capers. I think that was just players trying to keep their jobs and reputation as good team players without attitudes but that's another story.

I ask because I don't think Fangio runs our defense well enough and I think Pendry would run the wishbone full time if he could.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #2
touttail
All Pro

Noooooooo!

The offensive and defensive co-ordinators works for Capers. He will nip it in the bud if they aren't conservative. He has the choice of his assistant coaches anyhow!

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #3
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy
You sound like the Message board has some weight.. Think again.. I wouldn't tell anyone to come here to see how the Texans are doing. This is the place for posters to vent. A real football fan would roll over laughing over most of these posts. We even have a fan who talks to horses about Texans choises on the team..
What in the world do you mean? Are you trying to be sarcastic or what?
Talking to horses!

Are you trying to tell me the little voices in my head aren't real?

bobby 119C:brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #4
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 23884 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

That thought has some merit, however didn't Capers choose his assistants? I think it's more this organization runs the more "p.c. route" publically and let the airing of issues happen behind closed doors.

Nothing wrong with Capers as a likeable guy or a def. coord., just not doing well as the HC.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #5
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Capers needs to go. This mess falls on his shoulders.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #6
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A real football fan would roll over laughing over most of these posts. We even have a fan who talks to horses about Texans choises on the team..

Thanks Caddy. I thought we had a lot of real fans here. I guess your the only real one.
Old 11-20-2005   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 278016 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A real football fan would roll over laughing over most of these posts.
Dude, please define "real football fan", because your references make me think that your definition is someone who questions nothing and blindly supports a team no matter how bad they suck. If I'm wrong, please correct me and elaborate.

As far as keeping Capers and letting other coaches go, all we'll end up with is different names running Capers style of "play not to lose" mentality.

No thanks. I'd like to believe that someday we'll have a dominant team, and the only way to achieve that is to find a HC that builds them.

Capers has ONE winning season in his head coaching career, so obviously, he's not the man for the job.
Old 11-20-2005   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 278016 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

caddy, my friend, I certainly understand your motivation by certain messages posted here. Honestly, I do, because some of the stuff is "out there".

But I try to stay tactful and just refrain from posting anything in those situations if I can't keep it civil.

"nut hut" - that's pretty funny

although I respectfully disagree with you about how bad we suck....1-8 will do that to ya'! (remember, all that matters in the NFL at the end of the day is scoreboard - wins / losses - NOT how close you almost won).

But we still have a most basic thing in common: we won't quit rooting and watching the team, no matter how bad it gets.

LOUD PROUD & TEXAN!
Old 11-20-2005   #9
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know why we hired Fangio in the first place. The Colts DT was horrible when he was there. All he did was bring his system here to H-town and now we are horrible.
sakebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #10
bckey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakebomb
I don't know why we hired Fangio in the first place. The Colts DT was horrible when he was there. All he did was bring his system here to H-town and now we are horrible.
Capers buddy.
Old 11-20-2005   #11
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Pendry runs an offense that is successful with a dominant O-line. Problem is, our O-line is dominated. We should run a 2 back offense to get DD lower medical bills.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read