Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-20-2005   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default How many of us feel...

The Texans brass won't go for Reggie Bush because they feel we have our RBs intact at the current time?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #2
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
The Texans brass won't go for Reggie Bush because they feel we have our RBs intact at the current time?
Honestly, nothing our FO does come draft day will shock me after the last two drafts. I know there are many here wanting us to draft Bush but I for one hope it does not happen.
Old 11-20-2005   #3
texman8
Veteran

Hopefully,we will have a new regime before draft...We have had too many busts in draft and in our FA aquisitions.
1. Draft Bush...he's a homerun hitter,difference maker...he'll be worth the bonus money
2. OL
3a. TE or LB
3b. OL
4. DL or S
texman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #4
Roughneck
Rookie

if the texans dont get a left tackle in free agency they're going to go for the best offensive tackle availiable or trade down. but like the other post said "you dont know what they're going to do come draft day".
Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #5
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Although I won't count out anyone at this point, I still think Reggie Bush is not going to be a Houston Texan next year. Running back is not our biggest problem. Teams have shown that you can have average backs in this league who can produce for you. Yeah, Bush is a great talent but right now we have bigger problems.
Old 11-21-2005   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer
Although I won't count out anyone at this point, I still think Reggie Bush is not going to be a Houston Texan next year. Running back is not our biggest problem. Teams have shown that you can have average backs in this league who can produce for you. Yeah, Bush is a great talent but right now we have bigger problems.
I think those bigger problems we have can be addressed in FA or later rounds of the draft though. You can't pass up big play potential.
Old 11-21-2005   #7
Peldon
All Pro

Rep Power: 34 Peldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think those bigger problems we have can be addressed in FA or later rounds of the draft though.
Didn't we all think that last year too?
Peldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-21-2005   #8
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peldon
Didn't we all think that last year too?
Yeah but they were never truly addressed. I mean we can still get some real good talent for where alot of our needs are in the later rounds. Also, they guy we drafted wasn't ever considered a big play maker. Travis Johnson is nowhere in the class of a guy like Reggie Bush.
Old 11-21-2005   #9
Peldon
All Pro

Rep Power: 34 Peldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah but they were never truly addressed. I mean we can still get some real good talent for where alot of our needs are in the later rounds. Also, they guy we drafted wasn't ever considered a big play maker. Travis Johnson is nowhere in the class of a guy like Reggie Bush.
I agree with you. It's just annoying that every year we have gaping holes and end up not addressing them strongly enough through the draft or free agency.
Peldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #10
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Not me. I think they'll pass on Bush for much better reasons...like addressing a more important area.

This isn't to say you're settled at RB. But you're better off addressing that position later in the draft.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #11
bigcarlos
Veteran

We need Vince
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #12
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
Not me. I think they'll pass on Bush for much better reasons...like addressing a more important area.

This isn't to say you're settled at RB. But you're better off addressing that position later in the draft.
just exactly how many areas right now do the Texans have covered anyway? lets see they need a new line, excluding Pitts. they need a TE, Safety, Free Safety, CB, DT, ILB, OLB, WR, dare I say QB not to mention RB. I would say as many BPA ASAP

keepers-

WR- AJ & Gafney
OT- Pitts
OG- Pitts
DT- Johnson
CB- Robinson
OLB- Peek
RB- DD
KR- Mathis
K- Brown
P- Stanley
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #13
College Texan
Veteran

Why do people suggest we won't be drafting in the top 5, we're the worst right now, so just say we haven't lost the top overall yet.

we pull an Eli this year and get Bush, along with a first next year or someone's second first this year(wink,Jets,wink). We will get a OL with whatever second pick we have. One of our thirds will be a linbacker to make up for not getting DJ.
College Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #14
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
just exactly how many areas right now do the Texans have covered anyway? lets see they need a new line, excluding Pitts. they need a TE, Safety, Free Safety, CB, DT, ILB, OLB, WR, dare I say QB not to mention RB. I would say as many BPA ASAP

keepers-

WR- AJ & Gafney
OT- Pitts
OG- Pitts
DT- Johnson
CB- Robinson
OLB- Peek
RB- DD
KR- Mathis
K- Brown
P- Stanley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
I think they'll pass on Bush for much better reasons...like addressing a more important area.
This is not to say they should ignore the RB position. But Davis and Morency affords them the ability to address more important areas like the offensive line, anywhere in the defensive front 7, etc.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #15
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by College Texan
Why do people suggest we won't be drafting in the top 5, we're the worst right now, so just say we haven't lost the top overall yet.

we pull an Eli this year and get Bush, along with a first next year or someone's second first this year(wink,Jets,wink). We will get a OL with whatever second pick we have. One of our thirds will be a linbacker to make up for not getting DJ.
some people have said in passing that the jets have two first round picks, but i have not seen that proof anywhere. the only team i am aware of that has two first round picks is denver. correct me please, because i love first round picks.
YoungTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #16
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

For everyone wanting us to draft Bush...from www.kffl.com

NCAA | Bush undecided on the NFL
Tue, 22 Nov 2005 06:08:29 -0800

Scott Wolf, of the Valley Tribune, reports USC junior RB Reggie Bush said he's undecided on whether he will head to the NFL next year or not. "I don't think it's too obvious what I will do because there are many factors in my decision," Bush said. "I might have surgery on my shoulder after the season, I don't know." Bush said his shoulder sometimes bothers him. He also said winning the Heisman Trophy would not cause him to automatically turn pro. "I don't know," he said. "It's a difficult decision. It wouldn't be the reason."
Old 11-22-2005   #17
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
For everyone wanting us to draft Bush...from www.kffl.com

NCAA | Bush undecided on the NFL
Tue, 22 Nov 2005 06:08:29 -0800

Scott Wolf, of the Valley Tribune, reports USC junior RB Reggie Bush said he's undecided on whether he will head to the NFL next year or not. "I don't think it's too obvious what I will do because there are many factors in my decision," Bush said. "I might have surgery on my shoulder after the season, I don't know." Bush said his shoulder sometimes bothers him. He also said winning the Heisman Trophy would not cause him to automatically turn pro. "I don't know," he said. "It's a difficult decision. It wouldn't be the reason."

noooooo!!!!!!

i can see the bidding war coming to an end already!
YoungTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read