Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-19-2005   #1
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run
Default Leinart

Maybe its beacause I am a Longhorns fan and hate all things USC, but I just cant understand why everyone is so high on Matt Leinart. This guy is the reincarnation of Jason White!! Ok, maybe not quite, but he certanly has a lot of simmillarities, and I really dont see enough differances between them to go from undrafted to 1st overall pick...

If anyone feels like showing me the error of my ways, I am up for an argumment, by the way, I am watching the Trojans and Leinart currently get spanked by Fresno State.. at least Carr can have a couple hours of happines on a football weekend...
Old 11-19-2005   #2
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run
Maybe its beacause I am a Longhorns fan and hate all things USC, but I just cant understand why everyone is so high on Matt Leinart. This guy is the reincarnation of Jason White!! Ok, maybe not quite, but he certanly has a lot of simmillarities, and I really dont see enough differances between them to go from undrafted to 1st overall pick...

If anyone feels like showing me the error of my ways, I am up for an argumment, by the way, I am watching the Trojans and Leinart currently get spanked by Fresno State.. at least Carr can have a couple hours of happines on a football weekend...

Leinhart shows the intelligence that is very rare in a rookie QB, he has poise and is used to success. He has a quick release and has great touch and accurcy.

He lacks mobility you want, and does not posess the best arm. He is also on a very good team to help him win.
YoungTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005   #3
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Leinhart will be the worst pick for the Houston Texans if we drafted him. Not saying he wont be something in the NFL, but with the pathetic coaching, play calling, horrible offensive line, as many coaches and experts have said, NO ONE WOULD HAVE SUCCESS AT THE QB POSITION WITH WHAT WE HAVE.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005   #4
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run
by the way, I am watching the Trojans and Leinart currently get spanked by Fresno State..

Leading 27-21 is hardly considered getting "spanked"

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #5
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

after seeing what reggie can do, im down for drafting this guy

hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #6
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Fresno is making USC's defense look very average right about now. (41-35 Trojans - 9:59 left). Mack should be getting some good ideas out of this one.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #7
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I think UCLA could beat them.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-20-2005   #8
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

This is crazy..... 42-41 Fresno......two TDs in 12 seconds.

edit: Good thing USC figured out how to play defense when it counted. 47-42 Trojan Man and they are trying for the kill shot now with 4:50 left.

I can tell you one thing. Trying to run Reggie Bush over and over again between the tackles doesn't work.

Last edited by aj.; 11-20-2005 at 01:11 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #9
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

And that was against Fresno State. Imagine the outcome of Reggie trying to run between the tackles against the Eagles. His career would be over before it even started.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #10
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Leinart also has two bad knees and with our line he will have no bad knees because he won't have them anymore.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #11
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83762 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
And that was against Fresno State. Imagine the outcome of Reggie trying to run between the tackles against the Eagles. His career would be over before it even started.
reggie just had the best game of his career and one of the best games in college history,and is the reason why usc didn't lose to fresno, he is also the reason why they havn't lost the past three years. Did yall see how he responded after that fumble on the kick return. It was almost like he just said "sorry guys", "just give me the damn ball". On the very next drive Matt L. went to him on 5 consecutive plays and he single handedly gave them the lead. I have always been against drafting a running back as high as we're going to be able to pick, because, you can usually find good backs deep in the draft, but I can't remember and don't think I've ever seen a back quite like him. he is special. Yes I'm a UT fan, but I think Reggie just about locked up the heisman tonight, he should of won it last year and is the true heart and soul of usc and all the success they have had over the past few years. btw that college game tonight was one on the best in a long time.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #12
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

i had a brief moment of guilty pleasure tonight. I have been on the draft an offensive lineman bandwagon, and im still there....but damned if i didnt sit and picture reggie bush in battle red for a brief second....the reality is, bush needs a line to be effective....but that kid is amazing......you start thinking barry sanders. I will be most upset if our line continues to be porous...but i wont boo if the texans just cant pass on mr bush

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005   #13
HeartofHouston
Veteran

Personally what I think is that Jason White didnt have that Heart of a quarterback and a leader that you would like..

Yes he was injuried and came back from his injury but he doesnt have the fight in him like Leinart has..

Its no secret, that with OK's offense they are run based and Jason White had, Kijuan Jones who rushed for over 1,200 yrds and then Adrian Petterson, all OK had to do was take the lead then let that monsterous O-Line demloish people so that the HB can gain an average of 5.4 yrds a carry.

With Leinart, you can judge from the Arizona state game that he has that QB heart, that whole game was a fight till the end and many of the game this year were and look USC's still undefeated.

When OK went down to USC last year and Jason White not used to being down and forced into a position where he had to make the plan USC takes more and more of a lead and White self destructs and USC wins 55-19

and oh yeah by the way.. When White was there, Oklahoma had one of the most devastating defense I have seen in a long time, they constantly gave the ball back to White with a short field to work with and give him plenty of chances to score. As we all can tell, Lienhart doesnt have that type of defense cause they let people put 40+ and 30+ points up on the board.
HeartofHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #14
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Jason White didn't have great arm strength, he was just a solid, smart QB that could lead a team and not make mistakes. He had two horrible knees (I think a total of 6 operations during college), he was already very old (came into the league at the age of 26 I believe), and didn't have a chance to make much money so he decided to retire while he could still walk. If he had been the #1 pick and had a $50 million contract waiting I'm pretty sure he'd stay at least a couple years so he could support himself for the rest of his life, but as an undrafted free agent it wasn't worth it. White put up some amazing stats in his time at OU (3200 yards, 35 TD, 9 INT his last season) but didn't quite have the talent that Leinart has and had medical concerns.

Last edited by MorKnolle; 11-21-2005 at 11:21 AM.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read