Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-19-2005   #1
uhcougar08
SHSUKATS08

Default Ferguson on TV

Virginia vs. VT is on TV right now, I dont know about yall, but D'Brickashaw looks like a really tall linebacker, havent seen anything real good from him, or anything really bad either. How good is the RDE for VT?
Old 11-19-2005   #2
uhcougar08
SHSUKATS08

OK I lied, he just got bull rushed and let the DE (Tapp) get right past him.
Old 11-19-2005   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Did you see that smaller VT DE just bull rush him? Ferguson is athletic and long, but I doubt he will be a difference maker his first couple of years.
Old 11-19-2005   #4
uhcougar08
SHSUKATS08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Did you see that smaller VT DE just bull rush him? Ferguson is athletic and long, but I doubt he will be a difference maker his first couple of years.
Ok, now I got some info on Tapp: Pre-Season All-American, and canidate for every award a DE can get. Not only that, but he is rated as the #4 DE in the country.

D'Brickashaw is doing a great job now that I know the matchup.

http://www.hokiesports.com/football/...2005/tapp.html
Old 11-19-2005   #5
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhcougar08
Ok, now I got some info on Tapp: Pre-Season All-American, and canidate for every award a DE can get. Not only that, but he is rated as the #4 DE in the country.

D'Brickashaw is doing a great job now that I know the matchup.

http://www.hokiesports.com/football/...2005/tapp.html
Ferguson will be a very good player, but after seeing that play we need to look at him more before we think of drafting him with a top 5 pick as other have mentioned.
Old 11-19-2005   #6
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Ferguson will be a very good player, but after seeing that play we need to look at him more before we think of drafting him with a top 5 pick as other have mentioned.
He is definately not our man. We can do just as good in the 2nd round with an OL, but first, we have to address our RB position... R Bush
Old 11-19-2005   #7
uhcougar08
SHSUKATS08

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan
He is definately not our man. We can do just as good in the 2nd round with an OL, but first, we have to address our RB position... R Bush
Explain to me why he is not our man, looks good to me. If your going to make a statement like that, back it up.
Old 11-19-2005   #8
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Ferguson has been playing well besides that one play in which Tapp got by him. But Tapp is a great player and has been getting by everyone all season. That does not make Ferguson a bad player and not deserving of our #1 pick. That is like saying that Matt Leinart doesn't deserve to be a top pick because he threw an interception or that Reggie Bush doesn't deserve it because he fumbled once.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005   #9
uhcougar08
SHSUKATS08

Completely agree with that, He looks like a stud to me, but I would love to see him add some more bulk, looks a little skinny, but he is still young, so he has plenty of time.
Old 11-19-2005   #10
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

The guy is an absolutely amazing athelete for his size and dimentions.
He looks like a big, giant version of Vince Young playing OL- he's all legs and
arms! But the quickness - he must be an unbelievable power forward, or would
be if he doesn't now play basketball. And I don't that DE beat him earlier, the
QB bolted the pockett (ala DC), and the DE veered way inside. No I'd not seen him before, but now that I have can understand what the excitement is about. Also can see why some would be concerned about him as a run blocker - he might get pushed around a bit by some of the big NFL tackles.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005   #11
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Holding on Ferguson. Maybe Tapp is the better prospect.
Old 11-19-2005   #12
uhcougar08
SHSUKATS08

Thumbs up

He just mauled Tapp, I think he was called for holding on the play, but he drove Tapp into the ground and then laid on top of him.

I like what I see.
Old 11-19-2005   #13
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhcougar08
He just mauled Tapp, I think he was called for holding on the play, but he drove Tapp into the ground and then laid on top of him.

I like what I see.
You like holding? You have that now
Old 11-19-2005   #14
uhcougar08
SHSUKATS08

I dont like holding, I like that he was mauling Tapp.
Old 11-19-2005   #15
uhcougar08
SHSUKATS08

4 run plays in a row, and DF looks really good run blocking too.
Old 11-19-2005   #16
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

That RB Brandon Ore looks like he could be pretty good in a few years.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005   #17
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan
Yes...Let's have TWO RBs with huge contracts...
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005   #18
uhcougar08
SHSUKATS08

2 plays and he just run blocked perfectly, one resulted in a 10+ yard gain where he pulled and blocked up the middle, the next play he blocked to the outside resulting in a TD.

Guys a keeper, Im sold!!!!!
Old 11-19-2005   #19
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBlackBear32
Yes...Let's have TWO RBs with huge contracts...
Davis is 10th on the team when it comes to the Cap at 3.8 mill for 2006. Would not necessarily call it huge.
Old 11-19-2005   #20
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Ferguson may very well turn out to be a very good player. His value will be skewed because of his enormous potential. However, the Texans have gotten burned to date on two of their five 1st round picks by looking at potential. We need guys that come in an contribute right away.

In my opinion Gallery was a much better prospect than Ferguson.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read